What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Jets

Perth Red

Post Whore
What year was that? Because it certainly isnt an average.
You choose to use the two Sydney teams who are the furthest apart, maybe try a xouple that are closer, just for credibilities sake, if you have any credibility that is.
Perth, the other side of earth - Ross Knight

hardly any Sydney v Sydney club games draw more than 15k, tribalism my arsenal!

hardly any Sydney v Sydney club games draw more than 15k, tribalism my arsenal!
And yet you had to mention Cronulla originally.
I kind of love your hate for us. I lived in Perth just before the Reds came into the competition, I was at the WACA when the Sharks lost to Manly (as per usual) and they paraded the Reds jersey around the ground. I loved that team. You take away that love.

Diesel

Referee
How do we know that there is going to be a Thursday/Friday 6pm game in the new TV rights?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Thursday 7:30pm
Friday 7:30pm
Saturday 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm
Sunday 2pm, 4pm, 6pm

That's your 9 slots. 6pm Friday can go and do one. Wouldn't be opposed to Monday night footy returning either. Each NRL club links up with a bush team and the game is played regional. Easily put up the fan base, whilst adding a good TV audience.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And yet you had to mention Cronulla originally.
I kind of love your hate for us. I lived in Perth just before the Reds came into the competition, I was at the WACA when the Sharks lost to Manly (as per usual) and they paraded the Reds jersey around the ground. I loved that team. You take away that love.

I picked those two clubs because in reality they are about the same distance apart as Ipswich to Redcliffe! But yeh I could have picked any number of so called Sydney tribal match ups that can’t even crack 15k crowds between two sets of fans! It’s a myth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How do we know that there is going to be a Thursday/Friday 6pm game in the new TV rights?

there will def be a fta Thursday night due to the ratings , unless they switch it back to a knday night but I think thursdays have done better, and you can bet on it fox still got Friday 6pm for the next 7 years. They would have said if it was changing. Saves the Sunday 6pm for the ninth game to sell in the future at least.

you make Great Danes point very well. Any new Brisbane team has to be able to attract from a much broader geographical area, and especially within a 25km radius of Suncorp than either a Moreton bay or Ipswich focussed club. It’s why I’m now lea int towards the Firehawks as the most likely to be successful in drawing a crowd.
I think Firehawks are the best bid. They will be able to draw on a strong catchment from the eastern suburbs of Brisbane through to the southern suburbs of Logan. In an ideal world they would work with Wynnum Manly and tap into Redlands. It's within distance of Lang Park, but ideally it would have a stadium closer to home.

At some stage there will need to be boutique stadiums built in southern Brisbane/Logan and Moreton Bay to accommodate 3 teams. Logan is the jewel in the crown as it lies in between Ipswich, Redlands, Gold Coast and Brisbane and is easy to access.

Not everyone can get to Lang Park, so putting a second team there and hoping for massive crowds is unrealistic as it will eat into the Broncos catchment and ignore the people who can't get to the games. Not everyone can afford to live in the snobby and overcrowded inner suburbs of Brisbane and most RL fans live on the outskirts. For now it would be best for the Broncos to serve the northern and western suburbs of Brisbane, plus the diehard fans from Ipswich who can catch the train.

There needs to be a team in the south-east, and Firehawks are the only bid from this area. They could use a redeveloped QEII Stadium at Nathan, which could be on the cards if the 2032 Olympics bid is successful, or work on building a stadium in the northern suburbs of Logan.

The Great Dane

First Grade
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/expans...9c4d-41fc-ada4-3a86c9d98fc8?ocid=Social-NRLFS

has anyone seen confirmation that the bid will go with jets rather than bombers?
Their twitter account is the Brisbane Jets, but they've said that the brand isn't finalised and the logo definitely looks like a work in progress that isn't intended to be on a jersey.

EtR-Vi-VcAYr8TT

https://twitter.com/BneJets

There's also a swimming club in Brisbane called the Brisbane Jets, and coincidently their colours are orange and navy blue as well. So that might cause some trouble, but I kind of doubt that they've trademarked the brand.

The Great Dane

First Grade
BTW, I like what I've heard from Nick Livermore.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, he's younger and as such isn't afraid to do things differently, and he understands that the club can't be tightly geographically locked if it's going to compete with the Broncos.

mongoose

Coach
Their twitter account is the Brisbane Jets, but they've said that the brand isn't finalised and the logo definitely looks like a work in progress that isn't intended to be on a jersey.

EtR-Vi-VcAYr8TT

https://twitter.com/BneJets

There's also a swimming club in Brisbane called the Brisbane Jets, and coincidently their colours are orange and navy blue as well. So that might cause some trouble, but I kind of doubt that they've trademarked the brand.

Nice logo, except Stefan's crappy sky needle is not a integral part of the Brisbane skyline.

Nerd

Bench
I believe it would be Redcliffe Dolphins first with their rich leagues club and existing boutique stadium with Jets and Firehawks running a close second. Though saying that if and when a bid process is announced there could be surprises.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I believe it would be Redcliffe Dolphins first with their rich leagues club and existing boutique stadium with Jets and Firehawks running a close second. Though saying that if and when a bid process is announced there could be surprises.
'Rich leagues' club that's no richer than Easts', in fact I'm pretty sure that Easts' leagues clubs are bigger, and 'boutique stadium' that's actually a glorified training pitch because it's way to small to host NRL games...

Why did Redcliffe limit their ground to just 10,000 seats?

They've been planning on entering the NRL for a decade, so why not build a stadium with 25k seats?

They're making money from concerts and Roar playing there, so maybe it has a purpose.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Nice logo, except Stefan's crappy sky needle is not a integral part of the Brisbane skyline.
Yeah it's not bad, it won't work to well on a jersey though.

And maybe somebody can convince them to drop the navy. I get it, orange and blue go together well, but almost every team in the league has blue in their colour scheme.

Maybe go with racing green or military green instead, that would fit the theme and be a nice nod back to Ipswich, but orange and green can be hard to pull off.
Maybe go grey, but grey might be getting a little to close to the Tigers.

I'd like to see them be bold with the jersey and use that skyline as a spilt in the jersey as well, so blue (or whatever) on top and orange on the bottom with that skyline as the split. It'd be daring, but it'd be unique, and I reckon it'd look pretty cool if done right.

The Great Dane

First Grade

They've been planning on entering the NRL for a decade, so why not build a stadium with 25k seats?

They're making money from concerts and Roar playing there, so maybe it has a purpose.
Probably because they can't really afford to build a 25k seat stadium (realistically it'd need to be at least 30k, especially if they want to host finals).

Maybe if the government helped, but what government would invest that kind of money into a stadium without being absolutely certain that it'd have a major tenant fulltime, especially one that has the best rectangular stadium in the country just down the road.

And that's the real issue isn't; you'd be mad to invest in, or use, what would effectively be a tarted up suburban stadium when Suncorp is in spitting distance and is in a better location.
Maybe I could see the logic if Suncorp was in a shitty spot in middle of nowhere that's hard for most of the population to get to, but it's not, and in fact Dolphin oval's in a worse spot than it is.

mongoose

Coach
Yeah it's not bad, it won't work to well on a jersey though.

And maybe somebody can convince them to drop the navy. I get it, orange and blue go together well, but almost every team in the league has blue in their colour scheme.

Maybe go with racing green or military green instead, that would fit the theme and be a nice nod back to Ipswich, but orange and green can be hard to pull off.
Maybe go grey, but grey might be getting a little to close to the Tigers.

I'd like to see them be bold with the jersey and use that skyline as a spilt in the jersey as well, so blue (or whatever) on top and orange on the bottom with that skyline as the split. It'd be daring, but it'd be unique, and I reckon it'd look pretty cool if done right.

That could work, I would just ditch orange and blue. I would like to see some combination of Red, Black and silver. Or perhaps military green and black.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And that's the real issue isn't; you'd be mad to invest in, or use, what would effectively be a tarted up suburban stadium when Suncorp is in spitting distance and is in a better location.
Maybe I could see the logic if Suncorp was in a shitty spot in middle of nowhere that's hard for most of the population to get to, but it's not, and in fact Dolphin oval's in a worse spot than it is.

problem is Suncorp isn’t in spitting distance if dolphins intend to represent the Moreton bay region, it’s a hell of a long way away. It’s why I’d put them last of the three, the people they want to support them are 90mins plus away from the only stadium fit to host nrl in Brisbane region

Perth Red

Post Whore

big issue with the stadium is its on,y three sides. That means you need some pretty big main stands to get 25k plus in. Easily $70-80mill a stand and dolphins don’t have anywhere near that sort of money or need.

Santino Patane

Juniors
problem is Suncorp isn’t in spitting distance if dolphins intend to represent the Moreton bay region, it’s a hell of a long way away. It’s why I’d put them last of the three, the people they want to support them are 90mins plus away from the only stadium fit to host nrl in Brisbane region
That’s where you’ve missed the point a bit lately, Red. The bid is meant to appeal to Greater Brisbane, not only the Northern Corridor. They won’t be “Redcliffe”. Plus, 90 minutes is a huge exaggeration, Petrie Station to Roma street is just under 45 minutes by train. And if you knew the area you would know that Petrie is smack bang in the middle of Moreton Bay Council.