What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I read the Dogs have a good young centre. Id throw him a pay day and at worse make the Dogs pay overs.....

emjaycee

Coach
I assume by C of E you mean Church of England, or Anglicans, but Gronk never mentions them. It's just a constant attack on the Catholics.

I grew up in the Catholic system. I will NEVER, EVER defend the atrocities that have occurred within the Church. It is sickening and disgusting, and completely unforgivable. Deserving of every sentence ever given to the convicted. I hope they rot in hell.

The school I went to has not been proven perfect over the years. A Marist Brothers school where 2 Brothers and one Lay Teacher have since been convicted of crimes against children.

The first brother (let's call him X) had a close association with our family. As is normal within the Catholic system, everyone helps each other. My mum volunteered to wash all his garments, as many families did. It was something that she thought would help the community. I had a very close relationship with this Brother, yet, he never tried it on me. Maybe he chose his targets. He was a great teacher, very popular with all the kids and had a great sense of humour. Little did we all know. As it turns out, his crimes were committed elsewhere.

The 2nd Brother (Y) that was convicted gave a mate and myself a job at the school for some pocket money. It was cleaning the school yards and toilets, after school, twice a week. We thought it was great at the time as it was a bit of pocket money that we could spend at the local shops on scollops or chips, which we did often. In hindsight, this Brother had plenty of opportunities to take advantage of us, yet never did. He had us alone in his office on a weekly basis to pay us, after school hours. I was in Yr 6. Nothing ever happened. Again, maybe he chose his victims on other occasions.

The Lay teacher was our RL coach in the Under 14's. It was funny because he used to load us all into the back of his ute that he owned and drive us the the games. He was the biggest dorky teacher ever. Once again, No approach was ever made to me or any of the team that I know of.

On the other hand, there were brothers that were just complete straighty 180's, and other's that were strict disciplinarians, and then other's that would sneak behind the sheds and share a ciggy with us. Strange days indeed.

In the meantime, my kids have been bought up in the Catholic system. No issues.

I sincerely dislike the tone of Gronks posts, continually tarring the whole church and congregation with the same brush, and then trying to brush his opinions off with an off the cuff one line disclaimer that he's doing nothing of the sort. What rubbish.

In my time, I've never seen or been involved with anyone in the Catholic community who wanted to do anything but improve and assist the lives of others.
This post is very similar to my experience in the Catholic community, however one small difference is that some of those found guilty at my school and parish did commit the acts whilst there, however to my knowledge, not at the time I was there.

emjaycee

Coach
That’s easy. There is volumes of evidence that the clergy have used their positions to groom and sexually assault minors. I'd say to you that it would be very rare to find a person who is openly gay being convicted of those crimes in the likes exposed by the recent royal commission.

So really when you challenge the thought of risk, a kid is a squillion times more safer with gay guy. Such are the statistics in the last 50 years. Lock in B Eddie.

One word can make a huge difference... instead of "the" replace it with "some" and your position above would be more accurate.

Glenneel

Bench
I read the Dogs have a good young centre. Id throw him a pay day and at worse make the Dogs pay overs.....
If we have good juniors coming thru I'd rather give them a chance rather than paying more for someone of similar ability. William Pinisini(?) has wraps on him so why not give him a chance if our other options don't really work?

TheRam

Coach
Your eye for talent is very good. I still recall how you called Tepai a teddy bear 5yrs ago. And called us to signed Fonua Blake before he was a star.
The club could do a lot worse then have yourself as their formal scout. So I take your word on this kid. Sounds very promising. I'm half excited.

Hey Ram remember when I said the Vicious Fish would be one of the best forwards in the game and I was mocked.

Thank you for your lovely praise Hindy, we definitely weave some magic when assessing RL talent. Your early call on the Fish was spot on as usual, but typically some nongs on here ridiculed you. Ta, ta, such mental midgets. But that comes with the territory or being brilliant and a visionary who can see what others can not.

Having such a keen and savvy eye is sometimes too much for others to comprehend. But your masterful gifts aren't lost on me Hindy. Keep up the exceptionally great work mate. I'm always interested in knowing what someone as knowledgeable as you is thinking and seeing. It is like reading tomorrows sporting headlines today.

hindy111

Post Whore
Thank you for your lovely praise Hindy, we definitely weave some magic when assessing RL talent. Your early call on the Fish was spot on as usual, but typically some nongs on here ridiculed you. Ta, ta, such mental midgets. But that comes with the territory or being brilliant and a visionary who can see what others can not.

Having such a keen and savvy eye is sometimes too much for others to comprehend. But your masterful gifts aren't lost on me Hindy. Keep up the exceptionally great work mate. I'm always interested in knowing what someone as knowledgeable as you is thinking and seeing. It is like reading tomorrows sporting headlines today.

To many fans put on the blue and yellow glasses. I do have to confess though Ram. Mik also helps me on some of my scouting techniques.

Latest posts