What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Everybody is untested at some time. Why just settle for okay if it continues to be unsuccessful. It’s time to take a risk! Who else plays FB and is ready to sign with us. We have plenty of okay centres.
He is untested so we just have to hope up until kickoff, not just with Laurie. There’s at least a couple of others in the backline ...Too many for my liking but that’s our lot for now...

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Everybody is untested at some time. Why just settle for okay if it continues to be unsuccessful. It’s time to take a risk! Who else plays FB and is ready to sign with us. We have plenty of okay centres.
There’s plenty of merkins out there haven’t played first grade as well. What’s your point?

There’s plenty of merkins out there haven’t played first grade as well. What’s your point?

His point may be that Laurie is one of the most promising signings in the clubs history.

He’s fullback ready but can slot in anywhere.

He’s a tremendous signing and the Panthers are not exactly overjoyed with losing him.

A poor mans young Greg Inglis seems an apt description. He’s like Blore, he could be anything.

stryker

First Grade
His point may be that Laurie is one of the most promising signings in the clubs history.

He’s fullback ready but can slot in anywhere.

He’s a tremendous signing and the Panthers are not exactly overjoyed with losing him.

A poor mans young Greg Inglis seems an apt description. He’s like Blore, he could be anything.
Stop it...

He is untested so we just have to hope up until kickoff, not just with Laurie. There’s at least a couple of others in the backline ...Too many for my liking but that’s our lot for now...
Momirovski was not even going to be in our best 17 after Rd 1. As a result he didn’t want to stick around and fight. Let him go if it means we get the player we have been chasing since November. Momirovski would have left at season’s end and we would have got nothing, yet again. We need a FB desperately (tested or untested) so we may as well get the best one on the market and who actually wants to come!

BrotherJim05

Bench
Correct. I'd gladly have a bunch of on field lunatics! But swapping a young goal kicking centre for a crack head well past his never reached best?

When you put it this way, I guess it may come back to bite us in the arse - however it could go either way.

Momo - doesn't really improve further than where he is at now (including GK)
Roberts - puts his demons in a choke hold and gets back to his best

Jimmy is a massive gamble, but big gambles pay out big

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Momirovski was not even going to be in our best 17 after Rd 1. As a result he didn’t want to stick around and fight. Let him go if it means we get the player we have been chasing since November. Momirovski would have left at season’s end and we would have got nothing, yet again. We need a FB desperately (tested or untested) so we may as well get the best one on the market and who actually wants to come!
So U keep saying...Laurie may be useless for us when he arrives coz he’s not nrl tested ....I’m happy he’s here, although not letting a fan have that view in peace to me looks like you’re just looking for an argument. That’s fair enough but really it’s a bullshit argument really Itll only end with disagreement

Last edited:
Agree that he wasn't going to be in best 17 ^ and he could see that himself:
Momirovski confirmed he asked the Tigers for a release on more than one occasion over the summer when it became clear he was unlikely to start. Joey Leilua and James Roberts are expected to be the club’s starting centres, and there are high hopes for Tommy Talau. Even Moses Mbye is an option.

“Having conversations with the club and coaching staff and seeing where the club was at, I decided the best thing for me was to try and take up an opportunity elsewhere,” Momirovski said.

“It’s fine, clubs do their thing, it’s a business, there’s no bad blood. I left on good terms and there’s no spite or angst - it was a business decision that was best for both parties.”
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/an...-of-deal-to-leave-tigers-20210208-p570ma.html

I wonder if momo will break into the Panther side on a regular basis. It’s going to be tough for him, I think he had a better chance with us.

That said, it’s a whole of squad game these days. Very few sides make it through the season without injuries to their first stringers.

If that’s his reason for leaving, i am not sure it is well thought out. Anyway, good luck to him. He’s been a net benefit to the club in different ways.

WA Tiger

Bench
I wonder if momo will break into the Panther side on a regular basis. It’s going to be tough for him, I think he had a better chance with us.

That said, it’s a whole of squad game these days. Very few sides make it through the season without injuries to their first stringers.

If that’s his reason for leaving, i am not sure it is well thought out. Anyway, good luck to him. He’s been a net benefit to the club in different ways.
(Momo)Prob be swapped out by round 3

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

I think he's had the tap on the shoulder by madge and told he probably won't be in future plans. Unfortunate for him because you just know BJ & Jimmy are a ticking time bomb and will probably screw up any second

Meanwhile Ivan Milat has probably guaranteed him a starting centre position, because he is off Naden. I like Momo and will follow his career with interest, but the fact is, we needed more depth in the #1 and #6 position moving forward while we are fairly stacked in outside backs

WA Tiger

Bench
Also im liking how the club is attracting more Indigenous players , which will only get better as their new pathways scheme grows :thumbsup:
I’m not sure when that started but I’ll say it’s good WT learnt /got something positive out of the Mitchell debacle ...I’m sure they wouldn’t want to go through that again..maybe Mitchell wouldn’t have been a good fit then anyway. The important thing is next time around when the time is right we maximise our chances and maybe get lucky.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I think im more excited about Allen Fitzgibbon if he is the same guy as in the highlights reel... he has beefed up somewhat if so and could be anything with his build and speed.

View attachment 45816

I can see the news paper headlines already Mac....Tigers player out for 8 weeks with ruptured testicles.

I hate seeing players do those big dives.....too risky!!!!

Latest posts