What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
They want Latrell for 3 or 4 years, money all agreed. He only wants a two year contract -he’ll sign eventually. Gags would be my tip as to who is surplus to requirements.
That’s clever ..No he won’t..I think Mitchell will stick out for 2 years ....he’s been talking to Mundine

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing rumours we are asking for Isaako in exchange for Walters. Two thoughts come to mind:
1. Goalkicking
2. GOALKICKING (but in capitals)

Walters was unlikely to see any first grade, and Isaako playing wing on his best days is just as good as Talau or Kepoa on theirs. Plus hes a fkn good goalkicker. Would give me huge confidence in winning those tight games.

Literally see no downside

Hearing rumours we are asking for Isaako in exchange for Walters. Two thoughts come to mind:
1. Goalkicking

Walters was unlikely to see any first grade, and Isaako playing wing on his best days is just as good as Talau or Kepoa on theirs. Plus hes a fkn good goalkicker. Would give me huge confidence in winning those tight games.

I think we have tried for him before. I’m not sure he would want to come to us to play on the wing sibce he’s going to start at FB for the Broncos. FB’s are just like a London bus, none then 2 come at once.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Goalkicking

It'd be a great trade for us but I can't see many reasons for Brisbane to take the trade unless Issako is on a motza.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think we have tried for him before. I’m not sure he would want to come to us to play on the wing sibce he’s going to start at FB for the Broncos. FB’s are just like a London bus, none then 2 come at once.
Isaako at fullback & AD/Laurie as our halves

Discarding Mbye & Brooks would immediately turn us into a contender for the top 4

Perth Tiger

Bench
It'd be a great trade for us but I can't see many reasons for Brisbane to take the trade unless Issako is on a motza.
Kevie wants to coach his son and Issako is probably behind Niu for fullback and Coates and Oats for wing, and they have already knock but a request for their young up and coming fullback Reece Walsh so it isn't an unreasonable swap.

Vozzy

Juniors
Too me Isaako would only be good for goal kicking I think he is a bit meh as a solid first grader. He went backwards fast. I think he has already hit his ceiling which is better than last year but no better then Talau or Nofo. This would definitely not make us top 4 no way. Actually he has been poor for a couple of years. He was crap when we beat the broncos 2 years ago at Suncorp. Like he would have to prove me wrong which if we got him I would like. But even if he came he should struggle to make our top 17. As bad as goal kicking has been I think we still need depth in the second row/lock more.

Tigerm

First Grade
1. Goalkicking

Gotta say, I don't know much about him, just looked at his profile for last year, kicked 16 goal at a 72.7% success?

Though, they also say he is a goal machine? The numbers don't seem to stack though?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Too me Isaako would only be good for goal kicking I think he is a bit meh as a solid first grader. He went backwards fast. I think he has already hit his ceiling which is better than last year but no better then Talau or Nofo. This would definitely not make us top 4 no way. Actually he has been poor for a couple of years. He was crap when we beat the broncos 2 years ago at Suncorp. Like he would have to prove me wrong which if we got him I would like. But even if he came he should struggle to make our top 17. As bad as goal kicking has been I think we still need depth in the second row/lock more.
Agree. I don't rate him. If it was NFL & he was brought onto the field just to kick goals he might be worth it, but I don't see him adding any value in attack or esp defence.

Agree. I don't rate him. If it was NFL & he was brought onto the field just to kick goals he might be worth it, but I don't see him adding any value in attack or esp defence.
I assume this is all dependent on Macca leaving. Not sure why the Broncs want him now since Walters is injured for the first third of the season.

super_coach

First Grade
Apparently he is on pretty good coin at the donkeys and also he is keen to make the move. The donkeys want Kevi junior but don’t want to release Issako. Let’s hope something can be thrashed out

BrotherJim05

Bench
Isaako seemed to have been touted as the next great Fullback but fell short of cementing his spot there. Kind of reminds me of Alex Johnston - great winger but just doesn't have what it takes to be a FB.

If he did come over I reckon he'd snatch up the left wing spot and would cement himself there so long as his goalkicking stays above 80%

*I think his stats are a bit skewed from last year -- his first year was like 90% but then had a really shit year....I could be wrong?

All the talk ^about goal kicking has been an issue with the Tigers for a while now. Who will be the preferred goal kicker this year? Assume that the chosen 2 will be Doueihi and Mybe.

Can we assume that:
Of the 2, Doueihi will be 'guaranteed'a starting spot from Rd 2 and will therefore be the kicker?
Laurie will be the fullback sooner rather than later,
Mybe will therefore be the utility bench warmer?

Can Laurie kick? Can Talau kick?
Can anyone else kick?

I can still see this as a big issue going forward.

axl rose

Bench
Isaako seemed to have been touted as the next great Fullback but fell short of cementing his spot there.
Great physique for a modern winger/fullback. Unfortunately just not very good. Should go down to Bellamy. If he can make Brenko Lee look like a first grader there is hope for anyone.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Fitzgibbon is looking favourite fir a contract, he seems to be showing up everywhere.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Great physique for a modern winger/fullback. Unfortunately just not very good. Should go down to Bellamy. If he can make Brenko Lee look like a first grader there is hope for anyone.
I admit, I don't know anything about him. I posted earlier, that his GK isn't that great 73%?

Tigerm

First Grade
All the talk ^about goal kicking has been an issue with the Tigers for a while now. Who will be the preferred goal kicker this year? Assume that the chosen 2 will be Doueihi and Mybe.

Can we assume that:
Of the 2, Doueihi will be 'guaranteed'a starting spot from Rd 2 and will therefore be the kicker?
Laurie will be the fullback sooner rather than later,
Mybe will therefore be the utility bench warmer?

Can Laurie kick? Can Talau kick?
Can anyone else kick?

I can still see this as a big issue going forward.
I don't think it's safe to assume anything just yet, still 3 to get?

gordsy

Juniors
If we don't learn how to close out tight games and get more points out of our halves it won't make much difference how well he kicks