What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials 2021

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting for me is who wasnt selected for this trial, given the criteria.

Brittain - played 5 games last season.
Merrin - played 12 games last season.

Now for those who were.

Josh Coric is eligible for JF (george dragon please tell me if im wrong)
Jayden Hunt is the prop/edge forward from QLD. Big game for him being on a T&T contract.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The fact Ramsey wasn't selected in the trial says to me he is a certainty of a spot round 1 injuries permitting. So Rava and JP fight it out for the other wing spot. The fact I have seen JP in more of the promotional stuff including the photoshoot tells me he will be the other winger. Rava probably has more potential but I definitely see JP as the more solid option and the fact he was outside Aitken all year while Rava was outside Lomax we have to give him some leeway. I think if he's outside a centre who can pass he will score plenty of tries, and make plenty of good runs from the backfield.

George Dragon

Juniors
Interesting for me is who wasnt selected for this trial, given the criteria.

Brittain - played 5 games last season.
Merrin - played 12 games last season.

Now for those who were.

Josh Coric is eligible for JF (george dragon please tell me if im wrong)
Jayden Hunt is the prop/edge forward from QLD. Big game for him being on a T&T contract.
Billy has been carry a shoulder injury.
Maybe Merrin injured too, they both have had the yellow bib on.

Remember there is another trial in 6 days.
Should see the other part timers get a go.
Josh Junior and Tyrell are still eligible for SG Ball.
Blake Mathew Bailey Connor are all flegg players.

The fact Ramsey wasn't selected in the trial says to me he is a certainty of a spot round 1 injuries permitting. So Rava and JP fight it out for the other wing spot. The fact I have seen JP in more of the promotional stuff including the photoshoot tells me he will be the other winger. Rava probably has more potential but I definitely see JP as the more solid option and the fact he was outside Aitken all year while Rava was outside Lomax we have to give him some leeway. I think if he's outside a centre who can pass he will score plenty of tries, and make plenty of good runs from the backfield.

Cody missed a few days for personal reasons so that could be why.
I believe Cody may get left centre.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Billy has been carry a shoulder injury.
Maybe Merrin injured too, they both have had the yellow bib on.

Remember there is another trial in 6 days.
Should see the other part timers get a go.
Josh Junior and Tyrell are still eligible for SG Ball.
Blake Mathew Bailey Connor are all flegg players.

Cody missed a few days for personal reasons so that could be why.
I believe Cody may get left centre.
Is that the squad for both trials? Either way I’m pretty confident he will get a spot. I guess time will tell, I would prefer him on the wing for now though, with a possible move to fullback in the future. I liked the small glimpse I got of Feagai there I’d like to see him develop there. Maybe they think Ramsey won’t make enough metres in the backfield?

brissiedragon

Juniors
The first 2 (v Sharks & Eels) are on Kayo, then Charity Shield is on Fox League (as usual) & Kayo.
February 12
Sharks v Dragons: 5.30pm (AEDT) at PointsBet Stadium (players with 12 games from 2020 or less). Watch live: Kayo, NRL.com

February 18
Eels v Dragons: 6pm (AEDT) at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (players with 12 games from 2020 or less). Watch live: Kayo, NRL.com

February 27
Rabbitohs v Dragons (Charity Shield): 6.30pm (AEDT) at Mudgee. Watch live: Fox League

Drakon

Juniors
Connor Muhleisen due to play today. Was looking back at some articles and found this from 2017. Looks like quite the player:-

Junior Representative Presentations

Harold Matthews Cup

Players Player Award: Oscar Fitzpatrick

Coach's Award: Duke Grant

Player of the Year: Connor Muhleisen

Muhleisen wasn't in attendance on the night due to him being in camp with Under-16s New South Wales side, but Steelers' Harold Matthews coach Ben Linde explained why the co-captain deserved his award.

"What Connor brought to the side was unbelievable. He is a great human being for a start, he works really hard on himself as well as his game and he is always doing extras," Linde said.

"He’d empty the tank every time at training, lead by example and would really care about his teammates, which is why we made him captain."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/18/junior-representative-presentations/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Personally, I have no expectations about todays trial game. Very tough to judge anyones game due to:

1. These players playing less than 12 (or=) games last year.
2. A lot of the squar are part-timers from CC
3. Some JF players and not sure how many actually played any football last year.

Tbh, I will be keeping an eye on a few players with a view to our longvterm future.
Amone
Coric
Dowel
J. Hunt
Muhliesen
Sloan

Of course we'll get to see the Feagai's, Sullivan Blacker etc.
Not sure how much 'game time' each will get with 27 in the squad.

redv13

Bench
Personally, I have no expectations about todays trial game. Very tough to judge anyones game due to:

1. These players playing less than 12 (or=) games last year.
2. A lot of the squar are part-timers from CC
3. Some JF players and not sure how many actually played any football last year.

Tbh, I will be keeping an eye on a few players with a view to our longvterm future.
Amone
Coric
Dowel
J. Hunt
Muhliesen
Sloan

Of course we'll get to see the Feagai's, Sullivan Blacker etc.
Not sure how much 'game time' each will get with 27 in the squad.
Young pups can get out there and blow off some steam. Result means zero, effort and attitude means plenty

goldiesaintz

Juniors
You would think Jamie Soward would have some knowledge with the team.
Here is todays listing from him.

St George Illawarra Dragons: 2021 round 1 predicted team
Author
Chris Kennedy & Jamie Soward
Timestamp
Fri 12 Feb 2021, 02:42 PM
Share on social media
In a series analysing who will line up in each position for all 16 teams in the opening round of the Telstra Premiership in 2021, NRL.com looks at the St George Illawarra Dragons.

NRL.com says: There are four wingers vying for two spots, with Max Feagai and Jordan Pereira also in the frame.

Jack Bird could play a number of spots but is likely to start off at either centre or via the bench, which could hand Brayden Wiliame a chance. New coach Anthony Griffin is leaning towards bringing him back from his ACL tear in the forwards.

With Cameron McInnes having torn an anterior cruciate ligament and plans to lure Andrew McCullough from the Bronocs yet to get over the line, Billy Brittain looms as the logical choice at hooker for now.

Jack de Belin remains stood down until his court case is resolved.

predicted_dra_20210212a---hunt.jpg

Jamie Soward says: The talking point will be where Ben Hunt plays. Anthony Griffin has made no secret about where he wants Ben to play and it's with Corey.

Vaughan will probably start with someone like Fa'amausili with Josh Kerr off the bench so they have a bit more foot speed to start. I love the back row of Sims and Ford, who could be a breakout player this year.

I don't think Lawrie will start at 13; I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Bird found himself in the back row because of his versatility of being able to play centre, fullback, five-eighth ... he may start off the bench but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him spend some time in the back row with Max Feagai or Wiliame at centre.

Both Feagai brothers will be pushing for spots. Pereira will start on one wing and may partner Ramsey. Merrin and Lawrie are probably competing for one spot because they're similar body types.

Poasa has come from a Roosters system and will be expected to bring some of those values. One thing about the Dragons is they have depth in the outside backs because the Feagai bothers have come up to top squad. Clune and Sullivan will be pushing Hunt and Norman the whole way.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/30/st-george-illawarra-dragons-2021-round-1-predicted-team/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Late mail: Sharks pre-season trial - Dragons

Also interesting to get a look at Moceidreke. Only 26, Fijian winger, 100kg's, played in the Perth Nines last year for the Storm.

Starting 13:

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mat Feagai
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Max Feagai
5. Shaun Sauni-Esau
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Luke Chalker
9. Tyran Wishart
10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Kaide Ellis

possm

Coach

Also interesting to get a look at Moceidreke. Only 26, Fijian winger, 100kg's, played in the Perth Nines last year for the Storm.

Starting 13:

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mat Feagai
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Max Feagai
5. Shaun Sauni-Esau
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Luke Chalker
9. Tyran Wishart
10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Kaide Ellis
Ellis at 13 is the big surprise of this run on list. I know there is more to come.

be55

Juniors

Starting 13:

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mat Feagai
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Max Feagai
5. Shaun Sauni-Esau
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Luke Chalker
9. Tyran Wishart
10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Kaide Ellis
Moceidreke played for us a junior...He played SG Ball, NYC and also played with the Cutters...i was interested when i saw he had made the move back to the Dragons...

I'll be keeping my eye on a young kid called Bailey Antrobus...he played SG Ball a few years back but i think he has had some injuries...from memory he moves well, can play a number of positions and he is as fit as a mallee bull...Always thought highly of him as a junior but has to make that step up...

And Sauni-Esau is underrated...he is only 22 and has a future...where i don't know, considering our young stars coming through, but the kid can play...

Latest posts