What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bids Club Mascots - ROUND 2 FIGHT!!!

Which is the most Appealing Mascot to represent a 2nd Brisbane club, regardless of location or color

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MugaB

Coach
One bid down (or correction = Merged)
Three left, who is the more appealing mascot out of the current bids

*Dolphins of Morton Bay/Suncorp (Redcliffe backed)

*Firehawks of Brisbane CBD (Easts Tigers backed)

*Western Corridor Jets/aka (joint Ipswich/Livermore backed Bombers)

Perth Red

Post Whore
As far as brand and logo I like them all and dont see any clear favourite. Firehwawks is having some TM issues at the moment but would be quite unusual for an NRL brand, Jets and Dolphins are both a bit NFL but thats par for the course for Brisbane it seems!

DIEHARDTITAN

Juniors
Dolphins #1 but I like the Jets brand and I'm glad they junked the horrid Bombers name and got together with Ipswich.

Firehawks is stupid and it's pretty funny that Queensland Netball are opposing the trademark. The Firehawks, nature's arsonist.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Dolphins #1 but I like the Jets brand and I'm glad they junked the horrid Bombers name and got together with Ipswich.

Firehawks is stupid and it's pretty funny that Queensland Netball are opposing the trademark. The Firehawks, nature's arsonist.
I just hope the Jets are Green and White. Unfortunately I think they’re sticking with the Navy and Orange.

Firehawks is a terrible name. I know all the suggestions are ‘American’ but a lot of successful NRL clubs names were blatant USA ripoffs

Brisbane Bulls -wear black and brown
Brisbane Browns (Brown snake) -wear black and brown
Brisbane Bengals (Keep their tiger history and have an instant rivalry with Wests Tigers) -wear red
East Coast Dolphins (if the bid merged)
-wear red

Any of those are better rugby league club names than the Firehawks

What are the proposed Firehawk colours?

I just hope the Jets are Green and White. Unfortunately I think they’re sticking with the Navy and Orange.

Firehawks is a terrible name. I know all the suggestions are ‘American’ but a lot of successful NRL clubs names were blatant USA ripoffs

Brisbane Bulls -wear black and brown
Brisbane Browns (Brown snake) -wear black and brown
Brisbane Bengals (Keep their tiger history and have an instant rivalry with Wests Tigers) -wear red
East Coast Dolphins (if the bid merged)
-wear red

Any of those are better rugby league club names than the Firehawks

What are the proposed Firehawk colours?
Firehawks will use orange, yellow and blue.

What if they change the name to Raptors?

Brisbane Raptors 01.png

Well that’s unfortunate. So 2 bids choosing orange and blue/navy.

I said it another post but if you look at the current NRL colour palette, the comp could use more red and green, NOT blue

Raptors doesn’t feel very rugby league to me
Wynnum Manly should join with Easts to become the East Coast Seagulls. Red and green.

Diesel

Coach
All 3 bids are great in their own right.
Jets, covering south & western greater Brisbane is a good tie in to Amberley RAAF base & Archerfield Airport. Hopefully they get get some agreement with Newtown Jets in NSW & Newtown is also a suburb of Ipswich

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dolphins bid confirm. They will play in red and white and add in another colour,

“The Dolphins NRL team will keep the Red and White colours but will add an additional colour to the NRL team. The plan is to engage the local SEQ community to help decide what additional colour should be added for the new Dolphins NRL team.”

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dolphins bid confirm. They will play in red and white and add in another colour,

“The Dolphins NRL team will keep the Red and White colours but will add an additional colour to the NRL team. The plan is to engage the local SEQ community to help decide what additional colour should be added for the new Dolphins NRL team.”
Pfft, that's such lame tokenism lol.

MugaB

Coach

Should be aztec gold, they already use silver/grey as a trim anyways, need to pick a color that represents QLD then it should be Gold, which works with Sunshine coast or Easts should they ever decide to merge into the party, but it should be a main additional color not just a trim..
and if they did merge that bid would be a lot better for the NRL in terms of catchment than what the western corridor are offering

sempmrh

Juniors
For what it's worth, the trademark for the names Brisbane Dolphins and Brisbane Jets have both been filed for by the same consultancy firm on the same day. The trademark for the Brisbane Firehawks name has been filed for by Easts.

Of the three names, I like Dolphins and Firehawks the most - but I like the meaning behind the Jets name.

If the Firehawks name can't go ahead due to opposition from Netball Queensland, Raptors would be a good substitute. It's the same idea and might even be better because it would minimise the potential association with bushfires.

ash the bash

Juniors
For what it's worth, the trademark for the names Brisbane Dolphins and Brisbane Jets have both been filed for by the same consultancy firm on the same day. The trademark for the Brisbane Firehawks name has been filed for by Easts.

Of the three names, I like Dolphins and Firehawks the most - but I like the meaning behind the Jets name.

If the Firehawks name can't go ahead due to opposition from Netball Queensland, Raptors would be a good substitute. It's the same idea and might even be better because it would minimise the potential association with bushfires.

Interesting they both use the same consultancy company. In Dolphins case they are taking the safest option "Brisbane Dolphins" in their point of view.

I won't complain if Brisbane gets another 2 clubs in 2022, but I'd like to see Perth get in as well for all the hard work their volunteers have put in. Good work should be rewarded.

Time to merge a few Sydney teams to make the game stronger. Balmain and North Sydney to become North Sydney Tigers, based in the inner north/west. Magpies and Bulldogs to become West Sydney Bulldogs, based at Macarthur. Manly to NSW Cup.

North Sydney Tigers
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
West Sydney Bulldogs

MugaB

Coach
I won't complain if Brisbane gets another 2 clubs in 2022, but I'd like to see Perth get in as well for all the hard work their volunteers have put in. Good work should be rewarded.

Time to merge a few Sydney teams to make the game stronger. Balmain and North Sydney to become North Sydney Tigers, based in the inner north/west. Magpies and Bulldogs to become West Sydney Bulldogs, based at Macarthur. Manly to NSW Cup.

North Sydney Tigers
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs
West Sydney Bulldogs
Geez talk about a 180 from GRotD
This time last year, he was blasting Melbournes existence and Perth being a nothing expansion all with tv ratings comparisons and re-counting junior participations in both those states, all with quoting how bad channel nine want brisbane expansion over anything else..... did you have a wake up moment or mid life crisis?