What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
I disagree. With the rest of the team as it was a guy like Staines on the wing makes that team even better. Nothing saying we win the GF either way and it's not about being the same as everyone else. It's about having a hole in the roster. Swap To'o for Mansour if you must since they are the same roughly but to deprive the team of what it's desperately needed for years is a bit too far for me.

Too is twice the player of Mansour. I rate him better then Crighton. The guys is a wrecking ball and if your coach has half a brain he will use him not only on the wing but in set plays running hard one spot in when close to the line. Or as I have said before in attacking raids let him hit the hole the fullback gets. Almost impossible to stop one on one and 10mtrs out.

WestyLife

First Grade
Too is twice the player of Mansour. I rate him better then Crighton. The guys is a wrecking ball and if your coach has half a brain he will use him not only on the wing but in set plays running hard one spot in when close to the line. Or as I have said before in attacking raids let him hit the hole the fullback gets. Almost impossible to stop one on one and 10mtrs out.

I agree just trying to engage with Marty saying he wanted Mansour.

When I say worse none where bad. But Spencer was not in the top 17.
With another off seasons he potetialy is your 2md best middle behind JFH.

Ok I just didn't realise who you meant.

age.s

First Grade
I'm not sure I would be happy to lose Staines for a couple more years of Sauce. That said, I think what Sauce offered in terms of experience and hard meters is heavily underrated by some on here and he more than pulled his weight in the premier team in last year's competition.

Also, as good as Charlie is, we only got to see glimpses of it last year due to injury. Hammy injuries are particularly concerning for a guy who's most important attribute is his pace. If he puts 20+ games together then great, if his hammy is an ongoing issue then we'd be better off with Sauce over Rennings.

panthersam

Juniors
I'm not sure I would be happy to lose Staines for a couple more years of Sauce. That said, I think what Sauce offered in terms of experience and hard meters is heavily underrated by some on here and he more than pulled his weight in the premier team in last year's competition.

Also, as good as Charlie is, we only got to see glimpses of it last year due to injury. Hammy injuries are particularly concerning for a guy who's most important attribute is his pace. If he puts 20+ games together then great, if his hammy is an ongoing issue then we'd be better off with Sauce over Rennings.

This isn’t a shot at your or anything but so far I’ve noticed that anyone that is backing Sauce over the options we have gone with have mentioned the experience and metres (and not the fact that those metres provided aren’t as needed/more than covered by the likes of To’o/Edwards now) but fail to make any mention of the obvious shortcomings that Josh has put up over the last few years. I love Josh for everything he did for this club over the years, especially during times when we were struggling as a club, but I honestly think his days as a premier winger in this competition are long gone.

I‘m thinking also that if Charlie was to get injured again we are more chance of seeing some combination of Naden/Momirovski on the right hand side as opposed to Rennings being next in line.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade

Don't like kicking a man after he's gone but his experience in dumb penalties or ridiculous mistakes? Made decent meters and was a great guy to have around the squad for morale

Original Name

Juniors
It's reasonable to be uncertain. Even Blade is a bit worried about losing Tamou. Kilkenny shouldn't be mocked for it.
Don't like kicking a man after he's gone but his experience in dumb penalties or ridiculous mistakes? Made decent meters and was a great guy to have around the squad for morale
The big thing young players learn in the NRL compared to reggies is having to get yourself up and up for a match week after week year after year regardless of a lack of training due an injury, things happening in your personal life, how the rest of the team is going, bad luck going against you, etc. It's that consistent effort instead of letting your intensity drop off by 10% that most experienced players bring because it's a mental skill most guys have to develop.

Last edited:

panthersam

Juniors
It's reasonable to be uncertain. Even Blade is a bit worried about losing Tamou. Kilkenny shouldn't be mocked for it.

Of course, it’s reasonable for anyone to feel any way that they want - what I more don’t understand is the leaning towards the possible negatives (which may quickly be forgotten if we start the season firing) when the club currently has SO MANY POSITIVES to lean towards instead. Why not feel good about the club you support when you get the chance to?

BxTom

Bench
Of course, it’s reasonable for anyone to feel any way that they want - what I more don’t understand is the leaning towards the possible negatives (which may quickly be forgotten if we start the season firing) when the club currently has SO MANY POSITIVES to lean towards instead. Why not feel good about the club you support when you get the chance to?
FFS!

Original Name

Juniors
With all these people leaving they are a large amount of variables, some good some bad. People are just different man, they look at the same thing as each and come to different conclusions. He shouldn't be trashed for sharing his honest opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal

You are new here. That particular poster is always negative...

So much so that he was losing his mind that we chose Api over Egan

Girds89

Bench
The loss of tamou was huge. I know we had no plans to keep him but still huge.

Tetevano- similar but not to the same extent. Unplanned and left us in a slight hole.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the work tamou did off the ball. In an around marker.

Like it or not Leota and Spencer are a long long way of being up to Tamous standard in that department. Leota is not great laterally and both he and Spencer gas out quickly. I have no doubt they will improve but it is still a huge area they will need to get better at. Our defence was next level last year and we won games off it. I worry we have lost a bit losing tamou.

These forums frustrate me. Long time reader and very rarely post but if people think the club has been efficient this off season... wow! Have they really tho, take the panthers jersey off and look without the bias.

Yeo- was never going to leave, could've been upgraded ages ago, for probably cheaper.

Critchon- not sure why the club let it string out so long. It was obvious after 6-8 games he was going to be something special. They agreed to handshake deal way before the finals then it got dragged out and we got strung along by his management.

Staines- allowed him to test market when the club obviously had plans not to keep mansour.... just let Staines bump up his own price before releasing sauce.

Luai- again, the club obviously would have known by mid season last year he was the plan. Him and Nathan havealways been fantastic together. They left it (still) to long getting it done.

Burton- i understand not being able to resign..cant compete with ludicrous money. For all his love by all on here he is hugely untested. Played a few nrl games and you are all in love. Luai absolutely killed it in his first few nrl games... even without experienced halves by his side. Yet you all threw him on the scrap heap for burton before a ball was kicked in 2020.

I have no doubt that a few juniors will step up re Lindsay Smith and others. But letting go of tets, sauce, tamou, whare, will have an effect.

Look at how many players we used last year. It wasn't 17 or 18 or 21. Sure we look strong 1-20. But 21 odd to 25 is largely untested and young....

25 onwards we don't even have and trials start next week.

Girds89

Bench
I have no doubt we will have a strong year and I can't wait for it. But to think the club have done a fantastic job in the off season is just crap.

Im sure they will release burton for napa or another prop and when luai or cleary go down injured we will all be screaming out for why the club let burton go in pre season.

We'll he will no doubt be let go because we are seriously short on front rowers pre season and the club left us in this position by not being prepared. I hope it doesn't cone back to bite us!