What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
I truly hope Brent Naden can put his past behind him and get his act together.

So many indigenous kids have issues so he is not alone in having made mistakes.

He is basically playing for his NRL career in 2021 so I hope he does well enough to extend his career regardless of whether it is with us or another club. Good kid, passionate, if slightly flawed.

Jane Murray

Bench
I truly hope Brent Naden can put his past behind him and get his act together.

So many indigenous kids have issues so he is not alone in having made mistakes.

He is basically playing for his NRL career in 2021 so I hope he does well enough to extend his career regardless of whether it is with us or another club. Good kid, passionate, if slightly flawed.
Naden is 25, he is not a "kid". He knew the risks, and he was caught, it is that simple.

Kilkenny

Coach
Naden is 25, he is not a "kid". He knew the risks, and he was caught, it is that simple.

Im not condoning what he did, far from it. I’m sixty years old when I use the term kid it is just a term of endearment.

I’m very anti use of prohibited drugs as most on here are, but mistakes are made, he made a big mistake but he has received his punishment it’s largely up to him now.

panthersam

Juniors
most of us in here are old enough to call 25 yo players kids... Arguing against using kids as a term isn't being clever, it's just arguing for the absolute f**king sake of it.

I’ve just turned 30 so it would be quite strange for me to be calling a 25 year old a kid :joy: but yeah I don’t think when anyone uses the term it’s meant to specify any age group in particular!

Dana White calls UFC fighters that are 30-40 years old ‘kids’ all the time lol

BxTom

Bench
The difference is, Cleary made two mistakes, including his lying, and Naden had a few, one which led to him being cut before I believe.
I think the difference is that Naden was sacked or let go from Penrith before for indiscretions. I think it was Gould that sacked and I think it was from U20's. Stand to be corrected though.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the difference is that Naden was sacked or let go from Penrith before for indiscretions. I think it was Gould that sacked and I think it was from U20's. Stand to be corrected though.

Gould was in charge at the time. I think he was quoted as saying it was a painful decision at the time. He was also at the helm when Naden returned so Gus was forgiving if nothing else.

Kilkenny

Coach
I know Naden f**ked up, which is disappointing, because his rise to prominence was a really positive story. Boy from Wellington, hard luck story, sacked by Gould, attempts to re-establish himself with the Raiders (Mounties) & Knights without success. Gould allows him back, unexpected debut and now has 30 or so NRL games under his belt. Despite his mistake I really hope he overcomes his demons.

Kilkenny

Coach
Also easy to cheat the cap though. Just have some awesome players outside the top 30.

you make a good point. Why are the NRL apparently considering giving the Roosters a exemption to allow Joseph Suaali to potentially play when he doesn’t turn 18 till August. From my perspective you make rules you have to stick to them, but it’s the Roosters I guess.

Latest posts