What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I’ve got you well in the mix at 4th, I just think there has been a bit of a talent drain.

None of us will ever again see the full cream smug of last season. The “unbeaten”

Everyone’s expectations should be a bit more measured and conservative.

Now I arrived here today happy, but some of your friends Luke, they are quite nasty and abusive. They get personal because they can’t keep up. They see everything in a negative light. Just keep them at arms length son. They break forum rules as well.

4th I think. You won’t beat Souths, Roosters or Storm by the end. No one will. Too strong, too powerful and dare I say it, too smug!

And Tiges, we will scrape into 8th and then get knocked out.

If the Tigers make the 8, they will have had an incredible season. Most have you and the Dragons battling it out for the Spoon.

Personally I think you’ll finish 9th

The yak

Juniors
Most pundits have you slipping down this season.

Pfft. Those idiots never get our predictions right.
Last year most had us out of the 8. Once the competition resumed after the break the vast majority rushed us into their top 8 after our fast start.
Quite a lot of the media (namely the Telegraph) as early as last January, were pumping up the tyres of the Eels. They drought will end they sang. Believe in the boys. They got that one wrong.

Gould had us coming last, during the 2003 pre season.
Experts my arse.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’m not sure why? I don’t think they have the right coach or mix of players.... I can’t see much improvement in them to be honest.

They died last year when Twal got injured. He stays fit with the inclusion of Tamou and a ball playing fullback pushing Douehi to his preferred 6 position.

I’m not sure why? I don’t think they have the right coach or mix of players.... I can’t see much improvement in them to be honest.

Kiks is my favourite Panther. He’s on another level. Big, fast, agile and dominant. His game is fantastic. A bit of wild dog mongrel in him which I like. He’s nobody’s patsy. He reminds me of Dean Young in his hey day. So many facets to his game, multi dimensional. Danger written all over him!

Abacus

Juniors
Beep beep beep beep beep...

Smuglite alert operational, all systems go;

View attachment 46030
Laurie notes the kind welcome from Big Jim and Blorey on the training camp bus.

What this means is that the deal was done well before it was announced.

And there’s Huth and Momo whinging on against the Tigers once they had left whereas Laurie was very polite and professional about playing for smug. Kind hearted, leadership material and straight into fullback.

You make sure you give the ungracious Huth and Momo a hard time. No game time for them Ivan. Momos good for a trade though.

Thank you for your attention, we now return you to regular smug broadcasting.

Have a happy day.
Poor Daine. The photo looks like he's just seen what he's wearing and realised what a shit of a season it's going to be....the whole if you don't laugh, you'll cry thing.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
They died last year when Twal got injured. He stays fit with the inclusion of Tamou and a ball playing fullback pushing Douehi to his preferred 6 position.

Their spine is pretty close to the worst in the comp.

They have a strong forward pack but stuff all depth.

They surely aren’t relying on Laurie just to come in and be a ball playing fullback in the NRL?? He hasn’t got anywhere near enough game time under his belt for that.

Latest posts