What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

LatK7

First Grade
Fed and more so his fans wont be able to hide behind numbers much longer

At least for slams, it'll be Nadal's numbers soon. I don't think anyone really expected the generations that followed Nadal & Djokovic to have been as poor as they have. They should be able to move the dial to around 25 majors. Fed had GOAT candidates at his heels when he was about 25, Djokovic/Nadal at 33/34 don't have any. That's a bit of a problem for the game. Credit to them, they're keeping their foot on the throat.

This has now become a game to see who retires last. The big money is on Djokovic to outlast the other two, given age and condition

If Nadal and Fed go, the guy is going to have pretty clear run at every slam with shit competition and potentially clean up, regardless of his age, until the day he hangs it up too. Should that happen, there will be no more discussion - he's the clear GOAT

Smug Panther

First Grade
This has now become a game to see who retires last. The big money is on Djokovic to outlast the other two, given age and condition

If Nadal and Fed go, the guy is going to have pretty clear run at every slam with shit competition and potentially clean up, regardless of his age, until the day he hangs it up too. Should that happen, there will be no more discussion - he's the clear GOAT
If he never wins another he's still the best ever

Avenger

Immortal
At least for slams, it'll be Nadal's numbers soon. I don't think anyone really expected the generations that followed Nadal & Djokovic to have been as poor as they have. They should be able to move the dial to around 25 majors. Fed had GOAT candidates at his heels when he was about 25, Djokovic/Nadal at 33/34 don't have any. That's a bit of a problem for the game. Credit to them, they're keeping their foot on the throat.
Federer had plenty of nobodies where he took majors in the early part of his career. Legends like Nalbandian, the Scud and a 40 year old Agassi. Give me a break!!

Novak is the GOAT and no amount of Federer wankerism can challenge that now. Novak will soon be the player with the longest weeks at number 1 and has a better head to head record against Nadal and Federer. I don't mind Rafa but Federer is the Sugar Ray Leonard of tennis. Disputed by plenty.

Respect and kneel to the King!

Wizardman

First Grade
I f**king hate to admit it but Djokovic will be the GOAT of tennis. He has time and a very weak era on his side.

Im a Federer fan but I've faced those facts.....sadly.

LatK7

First Grade
Federer had plenty of nobodies where he took majors in the early part of his career. Legends like Nalbandian, the Scud and a 40 year old Agassi. Give me a break!!

Novak is the GOAT and no amount of Federer wankerism can challenge that now. Novak will soon be the player with the longest weeks at number 1 and has a better head to head record against Nadal and Federer. I don't mind Rafa but Federer is the Sugar Ray Leonard of tennis. Disputed by plenty.

Respect and kneel to the King!

At this point there's no Djokovic fan that can play the 'weak era' card. Since 2014 there's been an enormous void of talent in the field. I've never seen anything worse.

Just go and watch literally any of Fed's QF, SF, F opponents from that time and compare it to now. Even Gonzo's 2007 run is better than anything next gen or lost gen has ever produced in slams!

LatK7

First Grade
I should say congrats to Djokovic on an 18th major. Strong performance. Medvedev has a lot to work out, played the big points very poorly. He'll get better.

Avenger

Immortal
At this point there's no Djokovic fan that can play the 'weak era' card. Since 2014 there's been an enormous void of talent in the field. I've never seen anything worse.

Just go and watch literally any of Fed's QF, SF, F opponents from that time and compare it to now. Even Gonzo's 2007 run is better than anything next gen or lost gen has ever produced in slams!
Maybe Kyrgios who fed some homeless people and thinks he's a humble bloke now can do something. Novak has a charity foundation and has given millions away yet that f**kwit even dares say anything about the 'strange cat' who has given more respect to other great players than that mug will ever attempt.

Apey

Staff member
Nadal must be close to losing the highest open era win % to Djokovic soon too. He's been marginally top for a while.

Avenger

Immortal
Still remember the time when Novak came on the scene and Federer was asked about him. He was smug and said, "Novak who?"

#f**kwit.

LatK7

First Grade
Nadal must be close to losing the highest open era win % to Djokovic soon too. He's been marginally top for a while.

Not sure, but he typically plays fewer matches so he'll probably keep it very high. Djokovic will get there, he'll likely fix up the grand slam final conversion % against these mugs as well.

Wizardman

First Grade
In previous years, this thread has been filled with Fed is the best ever type talk. This year, I don't think one poster has said that.

I think we all realise that the GOAT debate is heading towards Novak as the clear favourite. Nadal/Roland Garros are the only two barriers standing in Novak's way.

LatK7

First Grade
Maybe Kyrgios who fed some homeless people and thinks he's a humble bloke now can do something. Novak has a charity foundation and has given millions away yet that f**kwit even dares say anything about the 'strange cat' who has given more respect to other great players than that mug will ever attempt.

Kyrgios won't do anything. Mind you Djokovic and his family declared that 'the king is dead' after Djokovic scored a win against Fed in 2008, then got roasted in the next few matches. Glass houses, etc.

Apey

Staff member
Overall win %

Nadal 83.10%
Djokovic 83.08%

I think Djokovic overtakes him end of this year or next.

LatK7

First Grade
In previous years, this thread has been filled with Fed is the best ever type talk. This year, I don't think one poster has said that.

I think we all realise that the GOAT debate is heading towards Novak as the clear favourite.

I think it'll come down to everyone's criteria. Nadal may well end up with the most slams by virtue of making it to 22-23 majors via RG, but Djokovic will have more weeks #1, etc. Fed will have various records above, in the middle and behind both.

Avenger

Immortal
This says it all about Federer and when I started to seriously dislike him. The comments by the YouTube subscribers are gold. He is an arrogant, sore loser. He was flying here and then he faced the new King.