What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyberpunk 2077

Parra Pride

Coach
Plays great on a PS5. Had a few minor glitches like bodies folding upwards after death, and a funny one where Johnny was smoking while talking to me, and the cigarette artefact got stuck in two places during the conversation so it looked like they were hanging off his nipples.

No different to Skyrim etc when it came out IMO.

The PS4 version runs fine on a PS5, will be real interesting when the actual PS5/Series X version releases to see how well they run on those consoles.

simmo1

First Grade
I'm one of the pour souls who has this on Xbox One and have lost interest after about 6 hours or so.

Didn't encounter any crashes or game breaking bugs, but the game is just so hard to look at, especially in combat.

Might have another go later in the year if they patch it up a bit.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I got mine on PS4, as a Christmas present.

I have encountered a few bugs:

* Jackie standing in a doorway, and V not being able to enter, or leave the room ( had to reload the game)

* quest markers not accurately showing where the quest was (it was in a building, upstairs, and the marker was way off)

* not being able to change the camera angle in the car

* Jackie eating food, with two chopsticks in his hand, and two more in his bowl

The glitches and bugs are annoying, but so far, nothing gamebreaking.

I'm actually enjoying the game.

It is very dense, though, and sometimes it's hard to wrap your head around it.

And I agree with @simmo1 - I'm not a fan of the art style. It's too cluttered.

But overall, I think this is a very fun game, and will most likely improve heaps with the patches.

Last edited:
They should have held off announcing a release date and got it right. Public would have waited for it, albeit begrudgingly. They'll get it right eventually with a few patches.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They should have held off announcing a release date and got it right. Public would have waited for it, albeit begrudgingly. They'll get it right eventually with a few patches.

I agree, mate.

But despite its flaws, this is still a very good game; the opening sequence is done extremely well, imo, and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

I agree, mate.

But despite its flaws, this is still a very good game; the opening sequence is done extremely well, imo, and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

My mate did the same thing with No Man's Sky. He said it was really buggy to start off with and then once they did a few decent patches he went back to it and he said it is up there with his favourite games now. I am likely to go and grab a copy now since I've heard some feedback since the updates.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unpopular opinion: Cyberpunk2077 is GTA but in the future. And crashes alot.

I have it on PS4, and I love it.

It's laggy, it's buggy, it looks bad on PS4, and it is sometimes unresponsive as hell - but it is very fun, has a great story, and I just keep going back.

Eelectrica

Referee
I have it on PS4, and I love it.

It's laggy, it's buggy, it looks bad on PS4, and it is sometimes unresponsive as hell - but it is very fun, has a great story, and I just keep going back.
Yeah. There's some really well written quests in there. Hope the game gets a long tail and some of the things they had to cut added back. Feels like the basis of a gang faction system is there that could be built on.
Driving could be less annoying with the stopped traffic all the time too.

I've started my second playthrough this time as a nomad. First run was corpo netrunner. I've put the game on hold until it gets some updates and more content... and I get an RTX video card. Lol.

Still in over 100 hours I had just one crash, so I wouldn't call that frequent.
All in all I enjoyed it even though it has graphic and AI issues.

I hope the game gets a long tail and they can add some things back in that had to cut.

Exsilium

First Grade
So I decided to start playing CP again. This was after my first hour of gameplay, followed by a near six week hiatus.

So far I’ve not encountered many of the glitches which led to people panning the game. Maybe it was a good idea to wait.

I am enjoying it but far out, it is complex.

One criticism, I feel like some parts of the UI were not planned at all. It’s all over the place.

TBH, I might start over and give it proper attention for a weekend.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So I decided to start playing CP again. This was after my first hour of gameplay, followed by a near six week hiatus.

So far I’ve not encountered many of the glitches which led to people panning the game. Maybe it was a good idea to wait.

I am enjoying it but far out, it is complex.

One criticism, I feel like some parts of the UI were not planned at all. It’s all over the place.

TBH, I might start over and give it proper attention for a weekend.

I had the same issues at first - I hated the UI.

But you get used to it.

And the glitches and bugs - while annoying - don't take away from what a fun game it is, imo.

Eelectrica

Referee
Has the traffic AI improved at all?
Not since last time I checked. No mention in recent patch notes either.

Big 1.2 update supposed to be coming later this month.
No details yet on what exactly it fixes.
I'll probably jump back in then for a bit and check it out.

bileduct

Coach
I only just started playing GTA V yesterday (I'm only 8 years late...) and the difference in traffic AI is like night and day. The traffic in CyberPunk 2077 really impacted my enjoyment of the game.

Latest posts