What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021 Trials

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Musgrove actually played very well. The quality of forwards (apart from hooker) was very good in that game and he was one of the standouts. He's a massive unit and caused a lot of problems. The only negative was his stupid, stupid brain snap. That wasn't an accidental shoulder charge, he lined him up purposefully because he was pissed off at something (can't exactly remember what happened). Shows massive ill-discipline which I'm sure Madge will give him a spray for. If he pulls his head in he could honestly be one of the top tier front rowers in the game but he has a long way to go

Yeah I finally got around to watching bits and pieces of the game and he was very strong in his carries, regularly finding his front quickly and bending the line. The commentators also kept singling him out and saying he looks ready for a big season and kept saying how big he looks aswell

Man I just saw the shoulder charge, what an absolute moron. He’s lucky to only be getting 2 weeks. FFS in a trial?!

I’m sure Madge has read the riot act to him a million times.

I’m thinking we might use some reverse psychology with him.

Tell him to go out and be a flip and get penalised and f**k the whole sides chances.

He will internalise that and be as good as gold.

Sadly imho.

Tigerm

First Grade
Man I just saw the shoulder charge, what an absolute moron. He’s lucky to only be getting 2 weeks. FFS in a trial?!
Interesting, was it a trial or a rep game?

Did you watch there opening Haka’s, they looked like they were ready to kill each other?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting, was it a trial or a rep game?

Did you watch there opening Haka’s, they looked like they were ready to kill each other?

Fair call mate, not meaning to be disrespectful to the teams who I’m sure treated it more like a rep game then a trial. Either way it doesn’t help us does it

gordsy

Juniors
Musgrove better produce this year because so far all he has done is be a dumbshit and eat up cap sapce for no return. My feeling is he will be one of those guys who does really well or ends up at the bar with all the other dopes telling everyone one how good he was after 15 schooners.

BrotherJim05

Bench
While the shoulder charge was a dumbass move, those guys were honestly playing like it was SOO. The level of passion and pride was incredible. If this was the old days there would have been a classic SOO style all in brawl.

Musgrove was in the thick of it from start to finish. He just needs to control the mongrel. If he does I wouldn't be surprised if he's our starting front rower for years to come

gordsy

Juniors
While the shoulder charge was a dumbass move, those guys were honestly playing like it was SOO. The level of passion and pride was incredible. If this was the old days there would have been a classic SOO style all in brawl.

Musgrove was in the thick of it from start to finish. He just needs to control the mongrel. If he does I wouldn't be surprised if he's our starting front rower for years to come

Yeah but we all know the shoulder charge was deliberate because he got pissed off and wanted to show everyone he was the hardest merkin on the field, that's playing with ego instead of brains.

Brains say smash him in his ribs, and watch his stay down in backfield, ego says hit him in the head with a shoulder charge. One gets you respect from your team mates and coaches, the other gets you a two week suspension.

Tigerm

First Grade
Musgrove better produce this year because so far all he has done is be a dumbshit and eat up cap sapce for no return. My feeling is he will be one of those guys who does really well or ends up at the bar with all the other dopes telling everyone one how good he was after 15 schooners.
I think he will be our best forward this year, he is an absolute monster, other teams will fear. Which is what we have been missing.

Tiger Ted

Bench
No doubting his ability & has mongrel.However apart from his stupidity he has thus far had a career derailed by a no. of injuries.Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think we will get value out of the dope.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think he will be our best forward this year, he is an absolute monster, other teams will fear. Which is what we have been missing.

Exactly. I want to see our forwards putting the fear of god into opposition packs - and Musgrove could be right in the centre of it.

Was really looking forward to seeing him come flying off the bench in Rd 1..... would love to be a fly on the wall when Madge undoubtedly gives him a spray

Vic Mackey

Referee
Blore broken wrist, out til round 6

Musgrove out til round 3

Doueihi out for round 1

Mbye hamstring strain and missing the trial, likely for round 1

Still one trial to get through

Man we can’t catch a break

super_coach

First Grade
Blore broken wrist, out til round 6

Musgrove out til round 3

Doueihi out for round 1

Mbye hamstring strain and missing the trial, likely for round 1

Still one trial to get through

Man we can’t catch a break

Not looking great, but our depth is a tad better this year, but our early draw is a stinker. Although the best time to play the heavyweights is early season. We will know a lot more after our hit out with Manly

Tiger05

First Grade
That is shit. Blore, Musgrove and Douiehi are all guys we are going to need to perform. Mbye isn't as crucial now that we have Laurie.

stryker

First Grade
It is not an ideal draw for us not to be carrying our best side into the opening rounds.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Yeah not ideal , but we’ve known Doueihi will be out for awhile now atleast to prepare

and it gives blokes like Tuki Simpkins and Stefano to make the most of the early rounds.

I also think the #12 from Saturday (name escapes me) will be upgraded with the news about Blore. He was very impressive

man I’m pretty pumped about Tuki. Wait till he properly fills out he will be a weapon

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tigers always start the season pretty well, I'm not too worried about the injuries and suspensions as it gives opportunities to test the rookies out early to see what they've got.

Once we hit rd 5 we really need to have a 1-13 who look like they will be regularly playing together for the rest of the year.

TRIAL # 2.

WESTS TIGERS NRL
1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. James Roberts
4. Joseph Leilua
5. AJ Kepaoa
6. Jock Madden
7. Luke Brooks
8. James Tamou (capt.)
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Joe Ofahengaue