What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Arthur

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I find it muggy. I like cool weather. 20 degrees. Perfect.
I’ve gotten used to warmer weather over the years. Struggled in Canberra last year.

Also don’t like 30+ degree weather down south. It’s dry as f**k and burns your ring off. There’s something nicer about walking through warm soup. Less brutal.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The difference between Gutherson's best, and worst games, is smaller than the difference between Ponga's best, and worst games.

TheRam

Coach
Its fine up here. Not too hot at all. I like the predictability of Cairns. There won’t be a better place to be in Aus between May-September.

Never been, but does look to be a beautiful place. Can you swim in the beach there or are there just to many critters that can hurt you and so you don't take the risk?

TheRam

Coach
Sure.
But at his best Ponga is superior IMO.
He is capable of winning a game on own.

As true as that is Hindy, Gutho has won us a lot of games too. Without him we are not the same team.

Sure Guth isn't the super talented mega stellar, triple decker, super duper, I can't believe my eyes and lets all blow our loads together type of hombre out there in the middle, but he sure is a high energy performer that rarely ever lets us down. His problem sometimes is that he tries to much.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sure.
But at his best Ponga is superior IMO.
He is capable of winning a game on own.

But give me a guy in Gutherson who consistently plays at 8/10, over a guy like Ponga, who demands $1 million+, and is 9/10 one week, then 4/10 the next...

On top of that, Gutherson has won us games himself - our game against Canberra springs to mind.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Never been, but does look to be a beautiful place. Can you swim in the beach there or are there just to many critters that can hurt you and so you don't take the risk?
Too risky for the most part. They have plenty of netted off areas at most of the beaches.

hindy111

Post Whore
But give me a guy in Gutherson who consistently plays at 8/10, over a guy like Ponga, who demands $1 million+, and is 9/10 one week, then 4/10 the next...

On top of that, Gutherson has won us games himself - our game against Canberra springs to mind.

I wasn't talking about cap space. Just pure ability. In a semi final if he ran HOT he would be far more of a worry to most sides then GUTH.
I also prefer Guth.

Latest posts