What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

It averages out just under 600. Upgrade for this year plus a two year extension. I wonder if it is 1.7 including what he was due to get paid in 2021 or 1.7m on top of the contract he already had for 2021.

Even if it doesn’t include this years pay, that would only have been peanuts anyway. So not much different.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think long term it will definitely be a battle for them but for this season if Edwards goes down I think Critta would be the one to go back before Staines. But once Staines has a season under his belt it could be a different story.

I think while Burton is here. Crichton will go because they have decent cover for him

Kilkenny

Coach
What salary cap?

600k for a one season wonder who can’t defend is overs

I think we are the last club the NRL salary cap audit team will have to be concerned with.

We’ve actually had to go through a lot of pain to to get to where we are, I could list all of our outgoings but not necessary, we all know who they are.

I am 100% confident we are salary cap compliant.

We are in pretty good shape. With Crichton & Laui locked up we only have 7 players off contract at the end of 2021 which is basically the least amount of any side in the NRL. Capewell, Kenny, Naden, Sorensen, Jennings, May and Salmon three of whom were recruited this season on 1 year deals.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/02/24/crichton-commits-to-panthers/
Crichton commits to Panthers
Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce Stephen Crichton has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the club.

The new deal means the 20-year-old centre is committed to Panthers until at least the end of the 2023 season.

"It’s really exciting to know I’m going to be at Panthers for the next three years," Crichton said.

"This is my home. I’ve grown up in this club and built strong relationships with everyone here. I’ve never wanted to play anywhere else.

"To get the deal done before the season starts is massive and now I can focus on playing my best footy."

A local junior with St Marys and St Clair Comets, Crichton first donned Panthers colours as a member of the club’s SG Ball side in 2018.

"I’m very happy that ‘Critta’ will continue to grow and develop in the Panthers system alongside his good mates," Panthers coach Ivan Cleary said.

"I look forward to working with him over the next three years and I know he’ll contribute strongly to our club, on and off the field, in that time."

Crichton began 2019 in the Panthers Jersey Flegg squad before making his senior debut in the Canterbury Cup, his representative debut for the NSW U20s Origin side and his NRL debut in Round 21.

Last season he established himself as a starting centre in the Panthers NRL side, scoring 17 tries in 22 appearances, and was named in the Dally M Team of the Year and the extended NSW Origin squad.

"We’re thrilled to have Stephen commit to Panthers until the end of 2023," Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

"He’s another example of a local junior we’ve developed into a NRL player, on the cusp of higher representative honours.

"We take great pride in Stephen’s journey so far and consider it further validation of our club’s significant investment in junior development.

"We know his success in Panthers colours can serve as powerful inspiration for the next generation of youngsters playing Rugby League across the Penrith district."

soc123_au

Staff member
Confirmed:

200.webp

WestyLife

First Grade
“........Crichton began 2019 in the Panthers Jersey Flegg squad before making his senior debut in the Canterbury Cup, his representative debut for the NSW U20s Origin side and his NRL debut in Round 21.......”

This will be his THIRD season!

Crazy he went from flegg to nrl in the same year.

Also everyone notice the club has kept everyone they wanted and at a reasonable price.....