What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial team list.

Everyone agree that Milne and hiroti stunk?

Start of second half proved that ramien needs early ball.

Nikora doesn’t look Interested

Don’t think magoulis did anything to suggest that he won’t be captaining the jets this year.
I think they were extremely hindered by what was going on inside them. Terrible dummy half play from Magoo and it looked like the inside combinations inside hadn't played together.
Nikora I am disappointed in. His place will be taken by Talak.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Nikora for a test player doesn’t hold court like a starting 11 should.
Look through the team lists and tell me where he stacks up against the rest.

shaggs

Coach
I think they were extremely hindered by what was going on inside them. Terrible dummy half play from Magoo and it looked like the inside combinations inside hadn't played together.
I mostly meant defensively. Anyone can run the right line at the right time. But defence is attitude and technique

Ads

First Grade
I don’t know about talakai. I think I’d rather see Wilton play 80 and have talakai as a bench impact player.

snout

First Grade
Came on here to give milne a lashing answer he's been getting caned for 5 pages. He was woeful.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yep we got no depth in the Hooker spot, f**k me. Thought McGoo did alright at lock though, nothing special but solid. Feel sorry for Milne a little bit, obviously nerves got him, he's a big unit . What about Pele though!! Teach him to tackle and he's another JT.

Tracey looks good in the line but he's way off a FB spot in FG. Metcalf looked good with the ball too.

Anyway, thought the FG side without some regulars in Talakai, Hunt, SJ (Tolman ) easily handled the Dogs top squad. That said it's just a trial.. We look sharp in attack, defense was pretty good until everyone got a run at the 3rd break.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
All I got from that very underwhelming game was Woods looks like he is going to be handy up the middle and I don’t give a flying f**k how green the kid is, Pele needs to be in that 17 for the back end of halves. The kid is a beast

Nellshark

Juniors
Seriously we are fugged if brailey goes down... could we pick seggy or peats up for cheap? I’m only joking on those two, kinda of

ghoti

Bench
Thought everyone in the first 60 mins looked good...I liked Magoo much more than Williams, but making him play hooker has gotta stop. He's an out an out 13. Feefs was solid too, Nikora I thought hit some good holes but was let down by his halves. Tracey was awful at fullback! Kennedy played great. Woods good too, it was a real night for the scapegoats... Townsend was annoying to watch as always but you can tell how much more cohesive the side is with him at 7.

Forget Pele, his defence is disgraceful...couple big runs against NSW Cup.opposition is Jets fodder.

I think it was a good trial, imo.. justified Bomber's thinking and I reckon we'll see the starting side run out.

Kennedy's year imo haha

SharkShocked

Bench
Start the chad to back up 9 transition now. Fkn no one else can play there. Then all he has to do is tackle and pass off the ground.

Wait. Maybe scratch that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Patterson will be backup hooker surely. He's the only other real hooker

He went well in the reggies trial and when Magoo got hookered as dummy half Patterson started providing better ball and they started going forward again.

It won't be Chad. Too slow.

Last edited: