What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2021

thebigredv

First Grade
In that first half when Reynolds, Mitchell and Walker were just toying with us, it would have been nice having a Folau out there running the other way.

Just saying.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And exactly who are they?

It’s statements like yours that just perpetuate the myth that people want to believe.
McCulloch
Hunt
Sims
Vaughan
DeBelin

These are 5 forwards who all played Origin.

You really should understand the basics of rugby league before having a go at people.

Old Timer

Coach
McCulloch
Hunt
Sims
Vaughan
DeBelin

These are 5 forwards who all played Origin.

You really should understand the basics of rugby league before having a go at people.
You really are an idiot.

4 former origin players in our squad emphasis on “former” and our dedicated half back who you insist is a forward.

So the reality is we have 1 current origin forward who was ultimately dropped who plays half for our club.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm sure there will be some continued changes as I doubt Hook will be too pleased with today. The forwards have to take the lion's share of accountability for this match and many others over the last few seasons. We have ended up so far behind the better clubs that making the 8 will be liking winning a gf for us if you know what I mean. One would hope we can't play that badly every week.
Your right and as long as they continue to receive the ball flat footed, show bugger all leg drive, continue to run one out with no support play and dont add a bit of mongrel and starch into their defence expect much of the same well into 2021 and beyond

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You really are an idiot.

4 former origin players in our squad emphasis on “former” and our dedicated half back who you insist is a forward.

So the reality is we have 1 current origin forward who was ultimately dropped who plays half for our club.
Don’t go having a crack at me because you’ve once again been shown up.

If a player is an origin player if he’s played origin. Simple as that.

And Ben Hunt played hooker for Queensland. Hooker is a forward.

How did you not know this?

This is nearly as bad as that time you said bench players play the full 80mins.

Old Timer

Coach
Don’t go having a crack at me because you’ve once again been shown up.

If a player is an origin player if he’s played origin. Simple as that.

And Ben Hunt played hooker for Queensland. Hooker is a forward.

How did you not know this?

This is nearly as bad as that time you said bench players play the full 80mins.
Keep perpetuating your thoughts and keep experiencing disappointment.

The inferences was we have SOO forwards so we should do better well the facts are we have former SOO players who have all been dropped because they aren’t good enough and that’s the reason why we are where we are.

Re the 80 minute quip you are the one that logged AM at 72% as an 80 minute player for 2020 and calculated games he didn’t start in as part of your calculations of not being able to play 80 minutes.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Did anyone else find themselves swiping on their phones after half an hour?

Very disturbing to see Waterboy favourites Pereira & Norman take the field.
And IMO the McGregor culture cleanout won’t be complete until the Rav hype is dispensed with.

Max to centre, (bro wing) Bird to forwards, Sullivan 5/8.

Lack of linespeed killed us -

...and sliding & back-pedalling against the 2021 Premiers is a deadly enterprise

& we didn’t get the rub of the green at all.

Cheer up fellas - we’ll make the 8
...& watching Zac & Cody will be a treat

1. We are in rebuilding mode
2. The Coaching staff are still evaluating the squad
3. Souths are a top 4 side
4. We are short a couple of quality forwards
5. The backline has a lot of potential but it will take time to gel
6. It’s the first grade squad’s first game
7. The Coaching staff got a lot more out of this game than we did as fans
8. Sullivan will replace Norman by mid season
9. Griffin did say the training has focused on building and peaking as the season progresses
10. The premiership is not decided in February

Team for first round:

Dufty
Ravalawa
Lomax
Bird
Ramsey
Sullivan
Hunt
Merrin
Sims
Fuimono
Lawrie
Macca
Vaughan

Faamasili
Kerr
Ellis
Wyshart

VodkaSaint

Juniors
It saddens me to see our once mighty club turn into this rubble , I dont see light at the end of the tunnel , would have been nice to see the kings owner buy out the club instead of the Gordons , he would have been shrewd to rebuild this once mighty club, the way i see it, Gordon is here for the ride and nothing else .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Very disturbing to see Waterboy favourites Pereira & Norman take the field.
And IMO the McGregor culture cleanout won’t be complete until the Rav hype is dispensed with.

Max to centre, (bro wing) Bird to forwards, Sullivan 5/8.

Lack of linespeed killed us -

...and sliding & back-pedalling against the 2021 Premiers is a deadly enterprise

& we didn’t get the rub of the green at all.

Cheer up fellas - we’ll make the 8
...& watching Zac & Cody will be a treat
Rav hype? Did you see his stats vs their reserve graders? He defended like a champion. 2 misses and 1 tackle made.

Latest posts