What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
So who are the two players we're signing tomorrow to fill spot 28 and 29 in the roster?

The rumour is Roache will be one, no real word on who the other will be.

Glenneel

Bench
If the fair try you're talking about was the one off the break from Kikau, the last pass from Cleary went 5 meters forward.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/pre-...match-replay-panthers-v-eels---round-3-20212/

59:59 Cleary passes from around a meter or two behind the 10 meter line, it bounces about 4 meters in front of the 10 meter line, that's about as forward as it gets, despite Vossy's dumb arsed call of "you can't call that forward "
No the Charlie Stains try, ball must of been 1mm forward and I agree with the no try you're talking about.

Glenneel

Bench
Well they bombed about 4 tries then, still doesn't make our defence look any better. The scoreline flattered us it really did.
Penrith's defence impressive, particularly on the edges where they always seemed to have 3-4 players to stop our player. Our defence was no different to last year, poor on the edges, and Blake - piss him off! I liked him at Penrith but he has regressed big time and a shadow of his former self. Put Peninisi in his place, he can't be any worse and probably better in attack.

Penrith steppers, Luai and To'o, always trouble our defence and Peninisi is a stepper. Blake on the other hand did absolutely nothing, waste of cap money.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Penrith's defence impressive, particularly on the edges where they always seemed to have 3-4 players to stop our player. Our defence was no different to last year, poor on the edges, and Blake - piss him off! I liked him at Penrith but he has regressed big time and a shadow of his former self. Put Peninisi in his place, he can't be any worse and probably better in attack.

Penrith steppers, Luai and To'o, always trouble our defence and Peninisi is a stepper. Blake on the other hand did absolutely nothing, waste of cap money.
So why was Blake better at The Penny's GE?

eels_fan

First Grade
I’m not concerned with our form last night.

both teams were defensively sound imo for the first hit out of the season.

they bombed tries, as did we a few times.

I don’t think any of it means a single thing tomorrow when we’re back at training.

No injuries and some match fitness is the best outcome you can hope for.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our middle was very lazy at times, theirs wasn't , that Kikau break was a good illustration of it , he stepped both Nrown and Matto with ease, they both had half hearted arm grabs that missed.
We had a few forwards left out there too long, especially Lane and Matterson. But they obviously needed the match fitness.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses can break a game apart, he just doesn't do it often enough, and he isn't the guy who'll bring you back into the game when when you need it most.
I'd say the move to the left side is an indicator that he will be freer to run this year. He received the ball outside Drown a few times last night.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Penisini and Roache will be upgraded

I hope fans don't expect too much from Penisini, although it seems like some already are. Those in attendance yesterday would've seen why he isn't ready for first grade. Currently he may only just be ready for reserve grade. The highest level he's played regularly is under 18's, jumping straight up to reserves from that level is huge, the jump up to firsts is even further. He isn't mentally, or physically ready for first grade at this stage.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hope fans don't expect too much from Penisini, although it seems like some already are. Those in attendance yesterday would've seen why he isn't ready for first grade. Currently he may only just be ready for reserve grade. The highest level he's played regularly is under 18's, jumping straight up to reserves from that level is huge, the jump up to firsts is even further. He isn't mentally, or physically ready for first grade at this stage.

I think Tom Opacic is going a great job, and deserves first crack at Jennings' jersey.

Latest posts