What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Sat 27 Feb | Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

hindy111

Post Whore
Cronk was lucky that he was able to hone his craft in a great system. Anywhere else and he is a Rob Jeffson at best.

No. Cronk was brilliant. He was fast and strong and could bust the line. Robson was slow and had now money ball. Cronk was also a brilliant organiser.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wags played in the same winning origins, lost a GF and won Dally M lock of the year.

I can honestly say that Daniel “Alraldite” Wagon rode the wave of success by being part of superior squads. Perhaps Hindy should concede the same with Chin Boy.

Unlike others I reckon Wagon was one of our best ever players.

Gronk

Staff member
His kicking game is pin point accurate. Moses is all over place. He has a cool head and can stick to a game plan. Moses can not. He is a brilliant tackler. Moses is meh. He is also a better goal kicker. Do you think he misses the one Moses did against Souths? Haha . And then field goals. Better. He gets picked in Origin over Moses cause he is a better player. He is smarter, more patient and accurate. And executes better.
Moses will have more flash moments.
I have never said that Moses is the better player, so what’s your point ?

My point is that Cleary ≠ his hype.

hindy111

Post Whore
He is a long way away from Johns. Johns is ahead by at least a chin.

His career will be closer to Johns and already is. He has won 3 origin series.
And won Dally M half back of the year at 23. Getting close to Jihns status already mate. And only played NRL at 22. This year he plays as a 23yld.

hindy111

Post Whore
I too was always loyal to Wags, however he quite rightly was never the recipient of ability hyperbole.

Listen. When you give me a lift to the game I am sitting in the back. Don't even talk to me.

Bring me a cold can of Pepsi for the trip

Thanks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think we will make the top 8 tbh. I hope I am wrong. I think our backline is to slow and halves too stupid.
The same backline and halves finished top four last year. Opacic for Jennings isn't a huge downgrade and Drown is now in his third season. I'll be very surprised if we don't win more than half our games.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
His career will be closer to Johns and already is. He has won 3 origin series.
And won Dally M half back of the year at 23. Getting close to Jihns status already mate. And only played NRL at 22. This year he plays as a 23yld.
I understand the game better than you.

Stick to your $16 gins and hairy backpackers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeo was just on BSB, said the game was quick for a trial and high quality.

He mentioned ball was in play for 32 mins in the first half (due to new rules), which is more then normal (for an NRL game let alone a trial).

hindy111

Post Whore
I understand the game better than you.

Stick to your $16 gins and hairy backpackers.

The same backline and halves finished top four last year. Opacic for Jennings isn't a huge downgrade and Drown is now in his third season. I'll be very surprised if we don't win more than half our games.

I am unusre. Unless DBags and Mahoney just went up a level that we didn't expect and perhaps a young back exploded into the side I would predict 7-12th. And out the first week.

It is possible they go up a few gears. And possible that they are the same as last season.
With Fergo going, Matto being chased by Dogs and Brown,Sivo off contract and unsure we even want to keep the wheels could fall off inside the squad.
I see this happen inside teams in the situation we are at.

We need a strong start to the year tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore
pretty good effort hindy, think you have now predicted every possible outcome for eels in 2021.....shouldn’t have to much trouble now claiming you predicted correctly...

7-12th.... I don't think there is a lot between most sides who finish there. None are a premiership chance and they generally just bow out first week.
I think the issue comes in 2023 when RCG and Blake's contract are ours 100% for 2 x seasons. 23 & 24 may not be pretty.

strider

Post Whore
7-12th.... I don't think there is a lot between most sides who finish there. None are a premiership chance and they generally just bow out first week.
I think the issue comes in 2023 when RCG and Blake's contract are ours 100% for 2 x seasons. 23 & 24 may not be pretty.
you told us their contracts were already all ours ..... ffs hindy .... now i'm just confused

hindy111

Post Whore
you told us their contracts were already all ours ..... ffs hindy .... now i'm just confused

No...I sussed it out on pathere forum. They chippingnin from what I gather around 20-25% for 3yrs of contract and full freight after that.

84 Baby

Referee
We need a strong start to the year tbh.
People have flipped on this quicker than Avenger on an Eels first gamer (Avenger once thought Paul Kent would be better than Sterlo). Last year “we blew our load too soon and limped into finals”. This year “we need a strong start/we need to win X games in our first half dozen/we didn’t unleash our special moves in a trial game so we won’t win a game”.