What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

mighty v

Juniors
Anybody watch the tigers vs manly game over the weekend ?

Luciano absolutely slaughtered that left edge....setup at least 3 tries,offloads,breaking the line on just about every run

And to think,we nurtured him for years,to get him to this level,and now another local juniogoing into his peak for the next 4-5 years,is let go by our incompetent club

And we are short second rowers as we speak....unbeleivable

possm

Coach

Luciano absolutely slaughtered that left edge....setup at least 3 tries,offloads,breaking the line on just about every run

And to think,we nurtured him for years,to get him to this level,and now another local juniogoing into his peak for the next 4-5 years,is let go by our incompetent club

With Mary as coach he could have never got to this level.
With Millward as recruitment/retention manger, he just doesn't have a clue.

He is just the type of player we need right now!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
His defence was very suspect but Maggie flogged him and got him playing 80 minutes and he came good. I hope we take the same approach with Ford. Short term pain for long term gain.

hewi

Bench
Another peanut casualty would never have reached any great heights I’m afraid under the previous coaching regime. Did the right thing by leaving and good luck to him.

Morotti

Juniors
Didnt he leave to play with his brother? He signed with tigers and then not long after so did his older brother.

I would have liked to retain but i thought he would always go unless we wanted BJ which personally i didnt.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
From memory many on here were happy to see him go, as he was deemed lazy , faded in and out of games and a poor defender.

True that.

Next week and for the foreseeable future, he will be back to where he was.

He always had the talent but lacked consistency...... and a decent coach.

Old Timer

Coach

We neither nurtured him nor got him to “this” level as you put it.

We dicked him around by having him in and out of the team and expected him to build on his obvious junior talents but left him to do it all by himself.

Another that needed a firm hand, some hard love and proper coaching and we gave him none of it.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

We dicked him around by having him in and out of the team and expected him to build on his obvious junior talents but left him to do it all by himself.

Another that needed a firm hand, some hard love and proper coaching and we gave him none of it.
It takes a long time for the hooker and half to build a combination with the backrow it’s not going to happen in a week here or a week there, a switch of sides, some prop etc. we need to do the same with Ford. Hopefully he starts in CC with Sullivan, builds a nice combo with him and they both come in to FG replacing Norman and Kerr. He is an attacking weapon that will suit the new rules. His defence won’t improve until he plays there consistently for a good few months.

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Agree OT; seems to share parody with Host. This responsibility i believe also fell under McGregor not Millward!

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Agree
Overweight and poor defender.
Not consistent .
Not the first one to go and not the last.

I saw something completely different, a big, skillful and very dangerous 2nd rower with the potential to be another Beetson ( actually watching Latrell the other night he might take that mantle ). Letting Luch go was just stupid as was Mary putting him on at lock or prop. I was as unhappy about his release as I was with McInnes, Frizell, and B.Morris. All the work we put in just to benefit some other team.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
You could see Luciano would turn out to be a great player under a good coach. Overweight, poor defence and no consistency is something a coach should be easily able to fix. Instead Mary saw it as too hard and gave him no support.
.....or didn’t possess the required skill set to know what ‘support’ or ‘coaching’ needed to be applied in this particular case.

Gareth67

First Grade
We always knew that the Dragons would rue the day when they released Luciano - similar to Jacob Host who had a smashing game again us in the Charity Shield .

But there’s no point carrying on about it , as they have both gone and the chances of either returning are Buckley’s.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So Luc played a cracking gamexafainst a pretty understrength Manly side. Good for him.

I wonder if the same would be said if he was playing against Souths, Penrith or Storm?
Once he's played a few consistant games against the quality teams, then I will say damn. All I know of Luc is that one week he's on the next he's not.

Judgement reserved.

Kylez3

Juniors
So Luc played a cracking gamexafainst a pretty understrength Manly side. Good for him.

I wonder if the same would be said if he was playing against Souths, Penrith or Storm?
Once he's played a few consistant games against the quality teams, then I will say damn. All I know of Luc is that one week he's on the next he's not.

Judgement reserved.

He was one of the Tigers' best players last year outside of David Nofo.

Latest posts