What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
no it wouldn’t actually. We would lose Yeo as the link between the halves, a role that Martin and Sorenson can’t cover.

We need to leave Yeo at lock, and move others to prop if needed due to injury.

Yeo goes off May comes on. That works well Yeo could come back on for a prop. It is good to have some options either way

Pomoz

Bench
Yeo goes off May comes on. That works well Yeo could come back on for a prop. It is good to have some options either way
I think May is a better lock than a centre and he can be a link with no problems at all. he would need to raise his work rate and be prepared to get belted a bit more, but I think he could do a good job there.

GongPanther

Referee
FMD, still another week before the season starts. The way things are going I think there's a fair chance this place either gets locked down or all the aggro posters spontaneously combust. I may be secretly hoping for the 2nd outcome...
The season starts in 10 days. :)

Kilkenny

Coach
I think May is a better lock than a centre and he can be a link with no problems at all. he would need to raise his work rate and be prepared to get belted a bit more, but I think he could do a good job there.

The May to centre, taking the place of Naden, at the most important part of our season in 2020 was not the correct call. Ivan bottled it, got it wrong and while it wasn’t the reason for our GF loss it certainly didn’t help. May is just a natural, can do a little bit of everything so is probably an ideal utility off the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal

I'd rather May and Capewell get more minutes than a plodder prop gets more game time

Kilkenny

Coach
May is by far the biggest plodder in the top 30 squad. He has his strengths. But producing a weak run and a slow play the ball is one of his weaknesses. Best to bring him on when the forwards in the last 20 so that's minimized.

Interesting viewpoint. He is a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Not sure he is our biggest plodder so to speak, but I sort of get where you are coming from.

Original Name

Juniors
Interesting viewpoint. He is a bit of a square peg in a round hole.

Not sure he is our biggest plodder so to speak, but I sort of get where you are coming from.
If you can do it rewatch the gf and keep on an eye on the way he runs the ball. People make a big deal out of his defence but that first try nobody could have stopped. The second was partially Cleary's fault too. It was his plodding runs that were the most frustrating to me.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you can do it rewatch the gf and keep on an eye on the way he runs the ball. People make a big deal out of his defence but that first try nobody could have stopped. The second was partially Cleary's fault too. It was his plodding runs that were the most frustrating to me.

Honestly mate, I don’t think I will ever bring myself to watch that GF loss again.

Nothing to be ashamed of, I just can’t bring myself to do it.

franklin2323

Immortal
May is by far the biggest plodder in the top 30 squad. He has his strengths. But producing a weak run and a slow play the ball is one of his weaknesses. Best to bring him on when the forwards in the last 20 so that's minimized.

Depends what you are looking for. He won't start. No where near good enough for that but if you want someone to come into the middle and throw a few passes then very limited options.

franklin2323

Immortal
The boat has sailed. I tend to agree. I just hope it doesn’t bite us on the you know what.

A few different articles about pre season training say x coach is planning on a smaller faster bench.

If true then we can get by we 3 actual props

Fangs

Coach

Creates some points. Makes up for Edwards who doesn't play a vital role in attack. When Luai/Korisau don't fire he is a big help.

Original Name

Juniors
Creates some points. Makes up for Edwards who doesn't play a vital role in attack. When Luai/Korisau don't fire he is a big help.
He has his positives but he has negatives too. I'd just like some more effort to land on his front and get a quick play the ball. Like every time he runs it a wall of defenders it's like he tries to step in slow motion and ends up with a slow play the ball. It's like FFS just run in between a half and another defender and hit the ground. You're bigger than every half in the comp besides maybe Wighton but he runs at a wall of defenders like Dufty.

Abacus

Juniors
He has his positives but he has negatives too. I'd just like some more effort to land on his front and get a quick play the ball. Like every time he runs it a wall of defenders it's like he tries to step in slow motion and ends up with a slow play the ball. It's like FFS just run in between a half and another defender and hit the ground. You're bigger than every half in the comp besides maybe Wighton but he runs at a wall of defenders like Dufty.
Glad someone else sees it. I thought I must have been watching a different player to everyone else on here. He's also a weak defender particularly when we have him in the middle of the field. I'm not sure he's anything other than a back-up half with little pace & poor defence.