What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 8 and Grand Final Pick

Wittenberg

Juniors
Hello to the new season guys. Regarding the 8 I don’t think we will be there. Yes I know we need to give the team and Hook time but we lack strength in our forwards. Our pack is very light on in ability and depth, but I certainly expect to see our young backline developing, and it is a backline which could be special in a season or two.
While I don’t have strong expectations and I expect to see us finishing between 10th and 13th.....hopefully I am really wrong. This year is not so much about wins but more about changing attitude and culture. We need to win games or make teams have to always struggle to beat us. Only when we convince other players, the media and managers that we are a club that is going forward will we be seen as a destination for big name, established and quality forwards.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Hello to the new season guys. Regarding the 8 I don’t think we will be there. Yes I know we need to give the team and Hook time but we lack strength in our forwards. Our pack is very light on in ability and depth, but I certainly expect to see our young backline developing, and it is a backline which could be special in a season or two.
While I don’t have strong expectations and I expect to see us finishing between 10th and 13th.....hopefully I am really wrong. This year is not so much about wins but more about changing attitude and culture. We need to win games or make teams have to always struggle to beat us. Only when we convince other players, the media and managers that we are a club that is going forward will we be seen as a destination for big name, established and quality forwards.

I think if Jack DB returns
and Bird & Andrew Mc stay fit

(& Norman bypassed totally)

...we make the 8 no problems.

The above 3 will bring enormous guidance & structure to a youthful squad with everything to play for

...& freed now from the debilitating constraints of the Moron Impostor

Mark D

Juniors
Souths
Penrith
Canberra
Melbourne
Parra
Roosters
Gold Coast
Dragons (hopefully)

GF Souths v one of the top 4

SaintPauli

Juniors
Penrith
Souths
Melbourne
Gold Coast
Roosters
Canberra
Parra
Tigers

GF Souths v Melbourne
Smokey Titans to make GF

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'm revising my forecast for this year. We will finish with the spoon as I cannot see anyone worse then us. Every club has improved their roster.

Our team is made up of 'has beens' and bog average first grade plonkers.

Drakon

Juniors
Souths
Penrith
Storm
Roosters
Canberra
Titans
Eels
Tigers

8th spot really is up for grabs.

Souths to beat Penrith in GF

If not Penrith, then Souths to beat Storm in GF

Huh?

You saying Dragons won’t be in the top 8 this year? Please expand on why not.

Trial results mean shit. I still think we’ll be there and will have a much improved year.

6lF5.gif

Could be a season that starts slow but then improves. Unlike previous years.

Round 23, second last and Mary promising a finals berth.

Keep calm and back your dragons!

Don’t die wondering.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
I'm revising my forecast for this year. We will finish with the spoon as I cannot see anyone worse then us. Every club has improved their roster.

We need to face facts, and many on here were tipping we make the 8 and my ‘surprise’ this year. I see us as bottom 4 at best,. The dreaded spoon will be a disaster on our 100th year and media will have field day. Unfortunately most of this pain is all self inflicted by the Club, and reasons behind that are well documented on here for the last 10 years or so...

Gareth67

First Grade

I was once again going through each team’s roster and you are correct Gomarchin , the Dragons would have the most uninspiring rosters in the NRL .

It seems that just about every team other than the Big Red V have recruited very well and not only the players , but as in the Bulldogs case some very smart assistants to Barrett .

Still our boys need to be truly inspired to play better than they have in the last 7 years and of course this all falls onto the coaches and assistants shoulders. A real struggle year is coming up and I believe that if they can at least have the attitude of getting out onto the field and giving their all in each match , then that will certainly be a step in the right direction.

possm

Coach
I was once again going through each team’s roster and you are correct Gomarchin , the Dragons would have the most uninspiring rosters in the NRL .

It seems that just about every team other than the Big Red V have recruited very well and not only the players , but as in the Bulldogs case some very smart assistants to Barrett .

Still our boys need to be truly inspired to play better than they have in the last 7 years and of course this all falls onto the coaches and assistants shoulders. A real struggle year is coming up and I believe that if they can at least have the attitude of getting out onto the field and giving their all in each match , then that will certainly be a step in the right direction.
I really don't get it! Why wasn't the Frizell salay and the Graham salary used to secure the services of Creighton from the Roosters. Also add in a TPA and the deal should have been done. Yes I know, he is still under contract however, as his contract is up at the end of 2021, we had the right to negotiate.

During this past off-season we have seen many good forwards move clubs, some who were still under contract. Even if JDB becomes available, his position is lock and we already have problems filling that position from within our squad.

Gareth67

First Grade
I really don't get it! Why wasn't the Frizell salay and the Graham salary used to secure the services of Creighton from the Roosters. Also add in a TPA and the deal should have been done. Yes I know, he is still under contract however, as his contract is up at the end of 2021, we had the right to negotiate.

During this past off-season we have seen many good forwards move clubs, some who were still under contract. Even if JDB becomes available, his position is lock and we already have problems filling that position from within our squad.

I really don’t know possum , the Dragons haven’t been as active in the player market as have other clubs. Still apparently there are a few dollars in the piggy bank that Griffin is waiting to use on the ‘ right ‘ player sometime during the year .

When that occurs we may all be in for a pleasant surprise. In the meanwhile our current squad will need to put the hard yards in begin to play as a team with plenty of heart , commitment and pride in their jersey . At seasons end he will then put the broom through the team , retain those whom have shown that they are indeed part of a new era , or sweep out those who simply don’t have the heart or necessary skills .

Old Timer

Coach
Souths
Penrith
Storm
Roosters
Raiders
Eels
Titans
Knights

Warriors
Tigers
Dragons
Manly
Dogs
Cowboys
Sharks
Broncos (Back to back spoons Walters gets the arse after 1 year)

Penrith V Souths GF