What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If we miss out on Jahrome Hughes I hope we go for Nicho Hynes. He is probably the next good FB coming through waiting for a shot. You dont make it onto a Craig Bellamy bench as an outside back for a grand final for no reason. He was trusted to do a job if Papenhuyzen or Munster went down in a GF. Speaks volumes imo.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Always thought Hynes looked good when I've seen him. Obviously he's in a good environment as well though.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Yeah, while it’s sad that we’ve been denied by a big signing yet again, like you say Beaver, I’m not too upset by this.

There’s always a silver lining - being denied by Tino last year meant we were able to pick up AFB instead. I’m hoping that this might be the case and we end up with someone even better.

Time will tell!

JohnDoe

Juniors
I'm more than happy that Hughes has re-signed with Melbourne. No were near worth the reported money the club was offering.

Honestly none of the halves that will be off-contract at the end of the season that have NRL experience are good enough for the club.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'm more than happy that Hughes has re-signed with Melbourne. No were near worth the reported money the club was offering.

Honestly none of the halves that will be off-contract at the end of the season that have NRL experience are good enough for the club.

Wow just heard we were offering over 900k, I thought 800k was too much so that’s pretty crazy.

I dunno, there actually seems to be a crazy amount of halves available at the end of the year.
Adam Reynolds
Shaun Johnson
Anthony Milford
Mitch Pearce
Connor Watson
Corey Norman
Ash Taylor
Scott Drinkwater
Ryley Jacks
Tex Hoy

To be honest, very few of those would be worth the effort but I was quite surprised at that list.

JohnDoe

Juniors
Wow just heard we were offering over 900k, I thought 800k was too much so that’s pretty crazy.

I dunno, there actually seems to be a crazy amount of halves available at the end of the year.
Adam Reynolds
Shaun Johnson
Anthony Milford
Mitch Pearce
Connor Watson
Corey Norman
Ash Taylor
Scott Drinkwater
Ryley Jacks
Tex Hoy

To be honest, very few of those would be worth the effort but I was quite surprised at that list.

We can take out the last 3 as they are no better than what we already have. Both Connor Watson & Milford are not halves even if Brisbane thing Milford is. You can cross off Corey Norman, not worth the hassle with his off field issues without getting into his performances the last few years with the Dragons.
You'd have to offer upwards of close to $1million to even tempt Renyolds & Pearce to even consider joining the Warriors. All you are left with is Johnson who is coming back from a snapped achilies, and considering they way he left the club there won't be any going back.

So yeah none of the halves are good enough for the club, weather it be talent or getting value for money.

JJ

Immortal
Reynolds would be great imo, but surely the Bunnies will let him finish there...

Pearce perhaps too for a couple of years

I don’t know that Pearce will have a lot of options and certainly nobody will offer him a million. Reynolds will not leave the Bunnies if he can avoid it

CHT needs someone to learn from