What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith Watch

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haha. Blah blah anyone who criticises him is butt-hurt blah blah have a cry etc.

Cameron Smith to me is one of the greatest players of all-time. Genius. Absolute superstar on the field.

Absolute c**k smoker of a person.

Announcing your retirement 24 hours out from the start of a season is ultimate c**k smoker behaviour. Grubby f**k, cheated the cap as his own manager, ref manipulator, and anything else off field that you might want to believe.

You can actually think both about a person - that they were a superstar player but a sub-par human. That's where I'm at.
^^^^^^^^ This.

MugaB

Coach
The timing of smith’s retirement announcement has no impact on my opinion of him.

His all time merkin status was cemented the moment he stood over a paralysed man blaming him for breaking his own neck. Arguing the toss over a penalty while a bloke is literally crying “I can’t move my legs” mere feet from you is world class asshole material.
This, actually they should have made the statue of him standing over McKinnon the way he was that day...
Screenshot_20210311-080012_Gallery.jpg
seriously what a see.you.Ň.Ť. yeah!

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
The timing of smith’s retirement announcement has no impact on my opinion of him.

His all time merkin status was cemented the moment he stood over a paralysed man blaming him for breaking his own neck. Arguing the toss over a penalty while a bloke is literally crying “I can’t move my legs” mere feet from you is world class asshole material.
Bravo well said Danish....yet he made out that he was the victim because 60 minutes ran a story about him, and the way that channel 9 (Paul Vautin) had to apologise on the footy show for that story. While McKinnon was fighting for his life in hospital.

Last edited:

taxidriver

Coach

Largely agree with this , while it didn’t change my opinion it certainly confirmed to me that those of us that see him for the narcissistic, self serving, morally bankrupt person he is

My thoughts exactly....

Nobody can question his achievements as a player - one of the most influential players the game has ever seen.

But he also comes across as a shit bloke. Hasn’t always been that way, there was always an element of smug, but over the past 4 or 5 years, his narcissistic ways have really come to the fore. For someone in that Melbourne system, where it’s all about club first, it’s weird that Cameron appears to think he’s bigger than the game itself.

Ol’ Cooper Cronk was giving himself a fair old polish “defending” himself for wearing two hats with Storm and Roosters.

“My integrity!”

“I’ve got enough credits in the game..”

“I’ve delivered enough to fans over the years..”

Some Corey Parker level shit. He was really going hard tonguing his own blurter. So while I agree with your comment, let’s not forget Cooper Cronk, who dislocated his own shoulder in that GF by patting himself on the back.

Not since the right and venerable Lord Corey Parker, has anyone taken themselves so seriously for playing a sport.

Canard

Immortal
This video gives some context on the McKinnon incident and is more balanced then the tabloid stuff.

Warning, it's tough to watch the tackle.

moffla

Bench
As for the timing, how is doing it now a bad thing?
It was all over the news in Melbourne. Sounds like perfect timing leading into tonight’s game.

Not to mention it was at an event which revealed his statue...so yeah, I’d say the day was kinda about him anyway.

No matter when he retired, everyone would find a problem with it. Without a doubt.

He’s a serial winner. If he didn’t win all the time, no one would give a f**k about him.

Generalzod

Immortal
Ol’ Cooper Cronk was giving himself a fair old polish “defending” himself for wearing two hats with Storm and Roosters.

“My integrity!”

“I’ve got enough credits in the game..”

“I’ve delivered enough to fans over the years..”

Some Corey Parker level shit. He was really going hard tonguing his own blurter. So while I agree with your comment, let’s not forget Cooper Cronk, who dislocated his own shoulder in that GF by patting himself on the back.

Not since the right and venerable Lord Corey Parker, has anyone taken themselves so seriously for playing a sport.
Another soulless computerised drone from Melbourne.

taxidriver

Coach
As for the timing, how is doing it now a bad thing?
It was all over the news in Melbourne. Sounds like perfect timing leading into tonight’s game.

Not to mention it was at an event which revealed his statue...so yeah, I’d say the day was kinda about him anyway.

No matter when he retired, everyone would find a problem with it. Without a doubt.

He’s a serial winner. If he didn’t win all the time, no one would give a f**k about him.

utter rubbish

appreciate you’re a founding member of his fanboy club but anyone with an ounce of impartiality would see through what he’s been gearing up for since the grand final

a retirement announcement anytime between then and even last week would have kept the focus this week on the season launch

you know, the whole game. Unless you agree with smith and think he is bigger than the game?

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
He would've been criticised, but not for retiring 24 hours out from the comp. I heard him say he hadn't made his mind up until now. Well he should have had the decency to do so, even last week would have been sweet as. The Wednesday of round 1, what a chump. He would've got loads of column inches whenever he did it but he chose to usurp the game, which is always bigger than any player
It's funny how fans of his or neutrals that couldn't care either way like myself aren't really affected by the timing of his decision, it's only the people who already have an axe to grind. Hoops of all people dusts off the article he probably drafted months ago telling us about how he is the decider of a good bloke, please.

He doesn't really owe it to anybody, he has earned the right to go out how he chooses, he really does live rent free in some people's heads it's incredible.

moffla

Bench
utter rubbish

appreciate you’re a founding member of his fanboy club but anyone with an ounce of impartiality would see through what he’s been gearing up for since the grand final

a retirement announcement anytime between then and even last week would have kept the focus this week on the season launch

you know, the whole game. Unless you agree with smith and think he is bigger than the game?
Lol - as if people give a f**k about a "launch". Once 8pm tonight comes around, Cam Smith's retirement will be forgotten and the focus will well and truly be on the 2021 NRL season.

Just 3 days ago Buzz and his DT/Fox League cronies took the attention away from the "season launch" to focus on why Cooper Conk was floating between two clubs.

Last season two Bulldogs players tried to f**k schoolgirls just before the season launch. I bet you didn't give a shit then, did you?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Gotta hand it to ol mate. He is an absolute pro at trolling the public and getting people upset.

Still a bitter and ungrateful old merkin, but hats off

MugaB

Coach
Do you know what balanced means?
There's a fair gap in time before Cameron whinges to the ref about alex breaking his own neck,... i suppose all is forgiven, thanks for showing us this video, its really confirmed to me how much a piece of absolute SHIT that conman smith is, thank heaven he has finally retired, hopefully he can get a nice cushy lawyer job, settling debts for oil & cigarette companies while commentating on nines wide world of sports

Reflector

Juniors
Bravo well said Danish....yet he made out that he was the victim because 60 minutes ran a story about him, and the way that channel 9 (Paul Vautin) had to apologise on the footy show for that story. While McKinnon was fighting for his life in hospital.

It beggars belief the way some people still maintain that Cam is the victim or has somehow been hard-done by. Some of the comments on news articles (both sides of the border) after that whole incident just...unbelievable...

Latest posts