What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

The Marshall

Juniors
Someone just rang up and asked why didn't Manly have a captains challenge on the forward pass.
Hughes, Tunks and Robbo didn't know. They thought they should have. Tunks even said they'd already had a captains challenge, which they hadn't.
Those three clowns don't even know the rules that you can't challenge forward passes.
f**king idiots the lot of them.
C'mon mate you are asking a lot from the boys! You should just be grateful they actually watched a game that a caller was referring to for once .

no name

Coach
Any time anyone rings about any game
Hughes: Ahhhh, no I missed that one.

And once Tunks gets through his lame Dad joke routine he offers very little insight to the modern game.

It’s amazing that they still have callers who in any way could expect an informed answer.
The troll callers are way better.

I haven’t listened for a few weeks, might give it a listen tomorrow arvo for 5-10 minutes for a laugh.
I think the last time I listened a Dogs supporter excitedly rang in to ask the boys how they though Luke Thompson would go. They hadn’t heard of the player nor knew he’d signed with the Dogs.

Generalzod

Immortal
John the St George Supporter called today, complaing about the bunker decision and how St George where robbed, the panel where just laughing at him but this bloke doesn’t realise that his just on the show for his non comedic value...

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Anyone listening today John the St George supporter called giving it to another St George supporter Port Macquarie Pearl a blast, he went of at an email Macquarie pearl sent last Friday..
It made for great radio...

Mr Saab

Referee
Anyone listening today John the St George supporter called giving it to another St George supporter Port Macquarie Pearl a blast, he went of at an email Macquarie pearl sent last Friday..
It made for great radio...

John is a very passionate Dragons supporter and wears his heart on his sleeve. PMP got to him so badly that he will be forever known as Buttons when he calls Talkin Sport (as per PMP)

Generalzod

Immortal
John is a very passionate Dragons supporter and wears his heart on his sleeve. PMP got to him so badly that he will be forever known as Buttons when he calls Talkin Sport (as per PMP)
PMP comeback was pure class Buttons lol....the irony is John just loves bad mouthing everyone but when it comes to himself he doesn’t like it.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Fantastic call from Mick who was raging about why NSW didn’t put Gutherson at fullback when Tedesco went off and now Cherry-Evans should have received man of the series ahead of Munster.

Tiger5150

Bench
View attachment 45547 Graeme Hughes's mate Adrian rejected a 10k offer to play for Balmain for the 86 season.

This from a RLW November 1985.

The great Adrian.

That is hilarious.

I first accidentally met Adrian in a club about 12 years ago. I then lived in a very small town on the very outskirts of Sydney (as far out as you can be and still be Sydney) and I was in a VERY small sports club having a beer and watching the footy. In this small town EVERYONE knows everyone and there was a stranger in the club, wearing desert boots with no socks and no one knew who the hell he was. Serious unhinged vibe.

Nek minnut, this guys starts yelling to everyone and no one at the same time "What about these bulldogs forwards!!!!???!!!"". I recognised that voice IMMEDIATELY.

He actually went on to work for a friend of mine....temporarily.

Generalzod

Immortal
Just heard on the dead set legends that Graham Hughes has been operated on to remove a tumour from his brain the operation was a successful one, I hope all goes well Graham keep your chin up. I wonder why he hasn’t been doing his program lately

Coastbloke

Bench
That is hilarious.

I first accidentally met Adrian in a club about 12 years ago. I then lived in a very small town on the very outskirts of Sydney (as far out as you can be and still be Sydney) and I was in a VERY small sports club having a beer and watching the footy. In this small town EVERYONE knows everyone and there was a stranger in the club, wearing desert boots with no socks and no one knew who the hell he was. Serious unhinged vibe.

Nek minnut, this guys starts yelling to everyone and no one at the same time "What about these bulldogs forwards!!!!???!!!"". I recognised that voice IMMEDIATELY.

He actually went on to work for a friend of mine....temporarily.

Wisemans Ferry?

Latest posts