What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Cowboys

BLM01

First Grade
Good & at times gutsy win.
They should get some confidence out of that moving forward. Besides the obvious in Hunt there were some big efforts from others such as McCullough, Fui, Alvaro, Rava, Merrin, Zac & even Norman had his moments.
It’ll be interesting to see how they backup next week after such a quick game in oppressive conditions.
Lot of teams down here heavy legged playing in the wet :)

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't like to dwell on the past to much but Griffin after a win tonight not overly happily stating we need to improve and get better.

Mary after losing by 40 points "we can take a lot out of that game"

Griffin used the bench tremendously I thought, Mary can't work out why players are fatigued after having 2 players sit on the bench 77mins and bringing them on in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Decent win tonight we just need to back it up week in week out.

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't like to dwell on the past to much but Griffin after a win tonight not overly happily stating we need to improve and get better.

Mary after losing by 40 points "we can take a lot out of that game"

Griffin used the bench tremendously I thought, Mary can't work out why players are fatigued after having 2 players sit on the bench 77mins and bringing them on in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Decent win tonight we just need to back it up week in week out.
It was good to hear him saying that they let 3 soft tries in & not bathe in the glory or the win.
Words of a real coach.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well done boys. You played for each other and came away with the best result for this year so far. Keep it up and please minimise your mistakes, although with the humidity the ball got very greasy and even the Cows lost possession as much as you guys.

Looking forward to your next game at WIN.

matPORTS

Juniors
Finally we, seemingly, have a coach who:

Can come up with a game plan to suit the opposition being played on any given week (not the same template to be used week in and week out).

Knows how to use the bench properly (and with any luck we won't have a contingent of gassed starting forwards come the back end of this season).

Acknowledges that, despite a gutsy win, improvement still needs to be made (I feel refreshed hearing him talk especially after seven years of Mary dribble in press conferences).

Fuimaono, Alvaro, Hunt, Norman and McCullough definite stand outs tonight. Birdy is going to be outstanding for us as time goes on, just needs to contain his aggression (but happy for him for make a few errors on the back of this for now). Also can't wait to see our speedsters given some more open space and room to move as the year goes on.

The big thing I've also noticed is that all players look supremely fit. No one seems to be carrying any excess kilos. Our skills and execution is still very much a work in progress and will take time to improve. Looking forward to seeing what happens here.

Latest posts