What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt pleading for time

Maddragon99

Juniors
So true. I'm over lazy effort's.

I know it was ten years ago however, Hornby would have forced it. Half the pay but twice the balls Hunt will ever have.
One game is a small sample size but as many of us predicted Hunt isn’t worthy of being the captain of the Red V. He’s barely a first grade standard halfback, certainly not a leader on the field. I thought Vaughan’s effort was excellent & McCulloch’s 50+ tackles & crisp service from dummy half impressed me. Sims & Kerr weren’t effective in the second row but I thought Fuimaono had a crack playing Lock.

I think we’re in trouble. Conceding 32 points in round one is diabolical.

gitano

Juniors
One game is a small sample size but as many of us predicted Hunt isn’t worthy of being the captain of the Red V. He’s barely a first grade standard halfback, certainly not a leader on the field. I thought Vaughan’s effort was excellent & McCulloch’s 50+ tackles & crisp service from dummy half impressed me. Sims & Kerr weren’t effective in the second row but I thought Fuimaono had a crack playing Lock.

Would you say it's time to panic?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Call me crazy but I really like our chances Saturday night vs the Cows. I’m expecting a much better effort on a fast dry track. Our outside backs will fire
I actually thought there were good signs and will tip them this week unlike last but the Rorters would spank us at this stage.

redv13

Bench
I actually thought there were good signs and will tip them this week unlike last but the Rorters would spank us at this stage.
100 %, I’m realistic that this year if we finish between 9th and 12th then it’s been a decent season considering the players available.
If the effort and discipline improves the next 2 games vs the Cows and Manly should both be W’s.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
100 %, I’m realistic that this year if we finish between 9th and 12th then it’s been a decent season considering the players available.
If the effort and discipline improves the next 2 games vs the Cows and Manly should both be W’s.
Cows will be a tough but winnable game, Manly I fully expect a win. Would be nice to head into round 4 with 2 wins under the belt.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Totally agree about our second row- Sims just looks past it while Kerr is too awkward and ponderous to play an edge- like a big praying mantis. Bird may have to be forced into the back row- as long as Feagai and not the uninspiring Wiliame is his replacement.at left centre.

possm

Coach
Totally agree about our second row- Sims just looks past it while Kerr is too awkward and ponderous to play an edge- like a big praying mantis. Bird may have to be forced into the back row- as long as Feagai and not the uninspiring Wiliame is his replacement.at left centre.
Moving bird into the forwards is not the answer. Millward and his team searching for and finding an edge forward and a top line prop is the only workable solution.

You don't weaken a position to strengthen another. In my opinion Bird's be position is five-eighth and as soon as his body can handle that position,

I suggest he be moved their and be our new captain. Young Sullivan, Amon and Clune can fight it our for Hunt's 7 jumper. I would love to see Hunt moved on as soon as possible.

With Hunt and Norman gone, we would have salary cap to fund two or 3 good forwards. A Brid/Sullivan halves combination is our future. A Max Feagai/Lomax centre pairing is our future and a Ramsey at fullback is our future. Sloan and Schiller can be brought into first grade via the wing. I would say the sooner we arrive at this, the better.

Dragsters

First Grade
Well, Hunt a asked for patience and last night he hushed the nay-sayers by taking the responsibility upon himself to turn the team around as a good captain should.

Alexander and Ennis pulled the handbrake on and pulled a massive u-turn post game to gush over Ben's performance and I reckon there will be a conga line of his harshest critics doing the same all week long.

Hunt's was the performance of the round imo...

TruSaint

Referee
Well, Hunt a asked for patience and last night he hushed the nay-sayers by taking the responsibility upon himself to turn the team around as a good captain should.

Alexander and Ennis pulled the handbrake on and pulled a massive u-turn post game to gush over Ben's performance and I reckon there will be a conga line of his harshest critics doing the same all week long.

He was very good.

He looked happy. He looked committed.

More of the same please Ben.

blacksafake

First Grade

Alexander & Ennis will be waiting patiently to rip into him again.