What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd2: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Bankwest Stadium 18/3

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am watching the replay and just got to the Kaufusi elbow.........how the f**k did he stay on the field?
Klein has been Bellamy’s bitch ever since he came out in a presser and bagged the shit out of him. And the NRL as usual were too gutless to do anything about it. He was the only ref who actually attempted to referee them but since that press conference he’s just like the rest now.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
The storms techniques were probably brought in to force players into submission, and not wrestle in a tackle. Not sure they’ve been intentionally taught to hurt players, but it obviously does/has. It’s the NRL’s fault for allowing such rubbish for well over a decade now. Poor Craig smith (st George prop) got suspended out of the nrl, when slater has been a far dirtier player.

84 Baby

Referee
I remember Josh Stuart getting long suspension after long suspension and he wasn’t really a dirty player, just as lazy as f**k.
Pretty funny that DWZ’s tackle was very Josh Stuart style, and it was on his nephew Chinry

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was a massive grub on the weekend. Plenty of niggle and bullshit. Maybe he only seems like a good bloke most of the time because they win most of the time.

He does a tonne of work for charities in his down time, and he is a well-spoken, intelligent person.

It's true that he has some grub in him, but I put that down more to his coaching influence - he doesn't really play the same way for Queensland as he does for Melbourne.

Eelogical

Referee
He does a tonne of work for charities in his down time, and he is a well-spoken, intelligent person.

It's true that he has some grub in him, but I put that down more to his coaching influence - he doesn't really play the same way for Queensland as he does for Melbourne.
Yeah, there's no need to be a grub in QLD, but I can understand it to be the case if one had to eke out a living in VIC.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure they’ve been intentionally taught to hurt players

so the crusher and the chicken wing et al were not designed to hurt players ?

OK, what, in your opinion, is the reason they were developed ?

IFR33K

Coach
so the crusher and the chicken wing et al were not designed to hurt players ?

OK, what, in your opinion, is the reason they were developed ?

Crusher tackles aren’t only carried out by storm players. Having said that, that particular tackle probably is the most dangerous and responsible for leaving players injured on the ground. Like I said previously, the wrestling and illegal tackles were probably designed initially to make the ball carrier to surrender in the tackle. I hate Melbourne as much as everyone else, but I’m not sure the grubby tactics were just to hurt players.

I am watching the replay and just got to the Kaufusi elbow.........how the f**k did he stay on the field?

Yeh, I think the way this 'interpretation' is supposed to work is going to create some strange situations.

1. Tackle is made
2. On field ref makes initial decision (in Klein's case he wasn't going to report the guy)
3. Bunker ref say put him on report.

So if the player leaves the field the offender has to be sin-binned. But, of course, whether the player is going to have to leave the field can become known at any time after 1,2, or 3. But they can't definitively make a mandatory sinbinning decision until you know whether the victim is forced to leave the field. I think Klein got confused and his mates in the bunker didn't help him out.

Eelogical

Referee
Crusher tackles aren’t only carried out by storm players. Having said that, that particular tackle probably is the most dangerous and responsible for leaving players injured on the ground. Like I said previously, the wrestling and illegal tackles were probably designed initially to make the ball carrier to surrender in the tackle. I hate Melbourne as much as everyone else, but I’m not sure the grubby tactics were just to hurt players.
I hate them more that you do, maybe even thrice as much. But, I digress. There was a time when we hated Manly more than any other team. Sea slugs are getting off scott free 0-2. Oh, the humanity.

strider

Post Whore
I think you are either extremely dumb or an massive f**kin liar if you try to say you don't think doing a crocodile roll while holding onto someone's leg is dangerous.

Legs aren't made to be twisted backwards and if you don't know that then you are f**ked in the head .... so that seems to include christian welsch

Last edited:
I think you are either extremely dumb or an massive f**kin liar if you try to say you don't think doing a crocodile roll while holding onto someone's leg is not dangerous.

Legs aren't made to be twisted backwards and if you don't know that then you are f**ked in the head .... so that seems to include christian welsch

Nobody ever said that Christians aren't hypocrites.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you are either extremely dumb or an massive f**kin liar if you try to say you don't think doing a crocodile roll while holding onto someone's leg is dangerous.

Nobody said he was smart ;)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed. It's a case of 'stop struggling and you won't get hurt'. They're hoping the ball carrier gives up.

Still a merkin act.

T.S Quint

Coach

Same here. Just got to that part a few minutes ago. Astounding that there was no decision to at least put him in the bin. Quite a few years back something like that would see you sent off.

What was amazing to me watching it this time was the commentary. I watched it on Ch9 on Thursday night but this time on Kayo with the Fox commentators. Andrew Voss was trying to defend the act saying he was just trying to wrap the ball up. I’m glad Brandy was there to say “You don’t wrap the ball up by putting your elbow into someone’s head” (I’m paraphrasing here, but not far off).

IFR33K

Coach
Same here. Just got to that part a few minutes ago. Astounding that there was no decision to at least put him in the bin. Quite a few years back something like that would see you sent off.

What was amazing to me watching it this time was the commentary. I watched it on Ch9 on Thursday night but this time on Kayo with the Fox commentators. Andrew Voss was trying to defend the act saying he was just trying to wrap the ball up. I’m glad Brandy was there to say “You don’t wrap the ball up by putting your elbow into someone’s head” (I’m paraphrasing here, but not far off).

Amazing how a single punch means 10 in the bin. Didn’t Kenny ‘pat’ someone in the head and get binned? Yet an elbow and no action.

Latest posts