What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd2: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Bankwest Stadium 18/3

Soto

Bench
Not sure if this has been mentioned...too many pages to go through but fkn laughable..how gutho doesn't feature is absolutely ridiculous..
Judge was ryan tirdler..milkenhausen 1 point...fk me. Do we watch different games??
3 Reed Mahoney (PAR)

2 Maika Sivo (PAR)

1 Ryan Papenhuyzen (MEL)

T.S Quint

Coach
Not sure if this has been mentioned...too many pages to go through but fkn laughable..how gutho doesn't feature is absolutely ridiculous..
Judge was ryan tirdler..milkenhausen 1 point...fk me. Do we watch different games??
3 Reed Mahoney (PAR)

2 Maika Sivo (PAR)

1 Ryan Papenhuyzen (MEL)

I think that was a game where a Melbourne player deserved a point. Was a close game, an absolute tough arm wrestle with both teams playing top class footy.
Papenhuyzen was one of their best. Olam was also very good, as were some of their forwards. One of those games where it’s hard to pick out only three really, because you could realistically give out points to about 10 players.

hindy111

Post Whore
The 3,2,1 is a dumb system. Is there really a dude who deserves three points while 31 merkins deserve f**k all?

A better system would be score them against there opposing player.
You alocate 3 point if you outplayed your opposite number you get all 3. If it's close perhaps a 2 and a 1...
Based on Storm game you may of given Sivo 3 and GJ 0 while Guther collect 1 and Papa 2...
Or just score everyone out of 10...

T.S Quint

Coach
I just don't see how Papnehuyzen outplayed Gutherson - Gutherson was down on his usual attacking output, but he saved 4 tries.

That, alone, means he was the best fullback out there on Thursday, imo.

I gave Gutho my 3 points for the game. I thought he deserved it as the best on the field in that game. But I can see why the points were allocated the way they were, even if I don’t agree with it.
I’ve seen far more egregious point allocations in the past than this one.

In any case, the Dally M and it’s voting is a joke anyway. Pretty much on par with the Golden Globes.

Kornstar

Coach
Same here. Just got to that part a few minutes ago. Astounding that there was no decision to at least put him in the bin. Quite a few years back something like that would see you sent off.

What was amazing to me watching it this time was the commentary. I watched it on Ch9 on Thursday night but this time on Kayo with the Fox commentators. Andrew Voss was trying to defend the act saying he was just trying to wrap the ball up. I’m glad Brandy was there to say “You don’t wrap the ball up by putting your elbow into someone’s head” (I’m paraphrasing here, but not far off).

Voss is a wanker, the longer i have to listen to him the more he annoys me. Give me Andy Raymond any day........how did he lose his job and Voss keeps his?

I was surprised how much Brandy supported Matterson, he usually hates the Eels.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Voss is a wanker, the longer i have to listen to him the more he annoys me. Give me Andy Raymond any day........how did he lose his job and Voss keeps his?

I was surprised how much Brandy supported Matterson, he usually hates the Eels.

Andy's job was on borrowed time when he called out cleary for abusing the ref in the tunnel. I don't understand how people can not only listen to but enjoy voss' commentary. Fox's commentary team is pretty weak when you then add in anasta, Parker, and roach.

Noticed that too. Wonder if it has anything to do with the storm embarrassing the panthers in the GF?

hindy111

Post Whore
I just don't see how Papnehuyzen outplayed Gutherson - Gutherson was down on his usual attacking output, but he saved 4 tries.

That, alone, means he was the best fullback out there on Thursday, imo.

I think Guth was ch 9 MOM.
The Dally My points is a bit silly. It's easy to have a favourite and to give them a point whenever can.

Latest posts