What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R3 Fri - South Sydney 26-16 Sydney @ Stad Aus

Round 3: South Sydney v Sydney

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Hah, just saw that merkin throw the punch in the tackle... How embarrassing. Some real thugs in our game.
Not just thuggery, but what made him think that nobody would have noticed a punch to the back of the head? Maybe he hoped everyone watching was blinking at the same time.

But seriously, the player deserves a long spell in reserves after suspension.

Keary injury is brushing over how aids Rorters were. They got spanked with a full strength team. I guess they were missing Friend but everyone knows he is rubbish.

Robbo hasn't adjusted well post Cronk. I mean even if Keary is out for the year he still has a squad most coaches would suck a dick for. Someone's about to be found out I think..

Agree on Keary and how bad they were.

But they were missing their captain Cordner, Radley, and not just friend but Sam Verrils who would have replaced him. Friend isn’t rubbish IMO. Not exactly full strength.

Theyve now lost Keary possibly long term, Collins possibly on a bad head knock and if Lam is a knee too....

Could be that Suaalli comes on board somehow earlier than everyone expected. Would need a reshuffle of course.

Valheru

Coach
Not sure Verrills would have changed much. Fair point on Cordner though.

What's your opinion on Robbo if you guys capitulate from here? Keary is a huge loss but your squad still oozes quality.

Oh im not saying anything necessarily changes tonight, just that we weren't at full strength.

I don't see a capitulation from here even if our chances of winning the comp are long with keary out. Robbos record is pretty damn good in games where players are missing e.g. before origin.

Robbo has passed every test of his coaching career and has plenty of credits in the bank.

EDIT

To add to this he literally lost both his starting halves to long term injuries within 20 minutes. I can't remember that happening ever before.

Manu to 6, walker in at 7 and sualli to 4 is the likely solution but that is going to take some time to come together under any coach.

Not sure Verrills would have changed much. Fair point on Cordner though.

What's your opinion on Robbo if you guys capitulate from here? Keary is a huge loss but your squad still oozes quality.

I don’t think we were ever going to win it this year with only one established half. Saw it as a year to blood some new talent but expected to make the finals.

Munted

Bench
Not just thuggery, but what made him think that nobody would have noticed a punch to the back of the head? Maybe he hoped everyone watching was blinking at the same time.

But seriously, the player deserves a long spell in reserves after suspension.
That's what's dumb, he's on TV and that kind of rubbish is not going to go under the radar.
Absolute trash from a player, needs a decent suspension and hopefully Robbo sends him to reserves.

big hit!

Bench
any questions yet been asked about how a club gets so many knees and concussions?

Lam looks like a PCL given the way he fell with knee hitting the turf hard, but how do 3 players get ACLs within a year? they're non-contact injuries.

surely we can't still be using the it's a coincidence reasoning now

big hit!

Bench
That's what's dumb, he's on TV and that kind of rubbish is not going to go under the radar.
Absolute trash from a player, needs a decent suspension and hopefully Robbo sends him to reserves.

i don't think he came back on after his sin-bin ended, and not even with Collins going off with concussion, so that says something. JWH had to fill in big minutes and he's probably partly to blame too as he was just as ill-disciplined with his aggression when he came on. Young fella looked at that from an experienced player and he took it too far

NewySteel

Juniors
Here lieth the sydney roosters 2021 season.
Much loved by uncle nick, coops and over 10 season members.
Thursday 11th March 2021 - Friday 26th March 2021

The Rosco

Bench
Well maybe it's a good thing that Suaali was given that questionable exemption last week.
Coz there would be a heap of amazement when it would have been express rubber stamped first thing Monday morning.
Further, Elderly rooster . . . you whine more than a half Souths, half Parra fan.

horrie hastings

First Grade
To me that was a better win for Souths than the 62-8 game last year. Souths blew the Roosters off the field in the opening half and coasted in the second half, obviously the injury to Keary is a big concern for the rest of the season but up until the injury he had little effect on the game.

horrie hastings

First Grade
i don't think he came back on after his sin-bin ended, and not even with Collins going off with concussion, so that says something. JWH had to fill in big minutes and he's probably partly to blame too as he was just as ill-disciplined with his aggression when he came on. Young fella looked at that from an experienced player and he took it too far

I think he did come back after the bin but not certain as i have deleted the game, better half said that young guy is back on about 5 mins in the second half. Agree with your comments about JWH, last week he played with controlled aggression and was so effective and didn't give away any cheap penalties, last night there was so much rubbish in his game when he should have been the one showing the way.
As for Fifita, as much as i don't like Arrow[especially after what he did to Teddy last year] you don't punch any one in the back of the neck especially when the player cant even see whats coming and protect themselves, it was cheap dog act and he should serve time off the field for it.

Latest posts