What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
I've said it a few times already but I'll say it again. All our team should be feeling the pressure. Especially the benchies.

I really think burton would be fantastic coming off the bench playing in the middle around tired markers etc.

A year is a long time in footy. The benefits of keeping him here go beyond him being here for an injury to Nathan or luai.

If he keeps playing like he did last week in nsw cup it's great for the first team and keeps everyone honest.

Im sure he will get his turn this year and he is integral to our success this year.

Bulldogs don't understand that because they lost their soul as a club a while ago and forgot exactly what it takes to be a winning club.

They are the epitome of a business these days.

Original Name

Juniors
No one at the club is even taking any notice. I could have made a small fortune this week. Naming the usual suspects coming out in the media with their agenda's of free Burton and knocking the club.
It is all getting tiresome now. He won't be going to them this season. Our back is now up.
We listened earlier in the year but the terms and rubbish that was offered up was just insulting.
They keep offering the same up and trying to pressure us in the media. It won't work.
You reckon it's fair to say the Dogs know they don't have a real argument but they're desperate enough to get this sponsor and mates in the media to keep repeating the same dumb shit in the hopes that Penrith will just get tired of it and concede?

franklin2323

Immortal
I've said it a few times already but I'll say it again. All our team should be feeling the pressure. Especially the benchies.

I really think burton would be fantastic coming off the bench playing in the middle around tired markers etc.

A year is a long time in footy. The benefits of keeping him here go beyond him being here for an injury to Nathan or luai.

If he keeps playing like he did last week in nsw cup it's great for the first team and keeps everyone honest.

Im sure he will get his turn this year and he is integral to our success this year.

Bulldogs don't understand that because they lost their soul as a club a while ago and forgot exactly what it takes to be a winning club.

They are the epitome of a business these days.

Depends though. He lost a year last year of development not sure him sitting on bench is a good thing yet.

Should go month down atleast then go from there

MugaB

Coach
Depends though. He lost a year last year of development not sure him sitting on bench is a good thing yet.

Should go month down atleast then go from there
We play the dogs again later in the year, we can bust out Burton then and really f**k with them....
Can see Ivan blowing kisses to Barrett....
Nah more likely Laundry

hindy111

Post Whore
If course they are desperate. They went through Des years and bought Burton for a reason.

Plenty of bad call after Des left....
Letting the Morris boys go who would of been cheap options to help rebuild the juniors.
Knee jerk signing Napa on overs
Paying overs for Elliot and Jackson

Barrett seems to have done smart things. Cutting the dead wood and going after young players on prime.
But key is forwards and spine.
Is Allen,Flanagan,Burton and Katoa closer to a top 8 spine or bottom 4?
Bar Burton who is at this stage potential the others are just average NRL talent. I highly doubt any will be origin material bar maybe Burton.

hindy111

Post Whore
They went hard for Spencer and pushed his price up.
We owe them nothing.
I understand they are going through a rebuild. But a rookie half won't help now when you have a bunch of shirt grabbers and no hooker.

You owe Burton nothing. He is being paid and has a contract. He will play NRL this season. And help the side win when he does during origin period. Plus there is due to be a few odd injuries along the way.

hindy111

Post Whore
No one at the club is even taking any notice. I could have made a small fortune this week. Naming the usual suspects coming out in the media with their agenda's of free Burton and knocking the club.
It is all getting tiresome now. He won't be going to them this season. Our back is now up.
We listened earlier in the year but the terms and rubbish that was offered up was just insulting.
They keep offering the same up and trying to pressure us in the media. It won't work.

I find the whole thing bullying now from them. I also dislike former league players saying Penrith should hand him over.
It sets a bad example for future juniors. He is under contract and part of the top 21 players in squad.
The end.

Panfa

Juniors
Averillo please the guy goes missing in games won't even run the ball.I think Staines needs to do more or naden will come in on his wing after suspension.

franklin2323

Immortal
We play the dogs again later in the year, we can bust out Burton then and really f**k with them....
Can see Ivan blowing kisses to Barrett....
Nah more likely Laundry

All 3 grades at Penrith for that. Put him in Flegg just to annoy them

Smug Panther

First Grade
Averillo please the guy goes missing in games won't even run the ball.I think Staines needs to do more or naden will come in on his wing after suspension.
Id like to see Staines with a better centre inside him. Imagine the ball Burton would get him

Kilkenny

Coach
Burton should give Daine Laurie a call and ask him how he enjoys playing NRL behind a well beaten forward pack week after week.

At the same time Daine is playing NRL and probably earning double Matt Burton’s salary.

At the end of the day an NRL career is a relatively short one so you have to make every post a winner, while you can. Daine has been one of the better performers for the Tigers in there first two games so really pleased for him.

In respect of Jack Hetherington, I’m sure he would be disappointed with his 7 hit ups for a handful metres against his former club. Sure the Bulldogs pack was totally outplayed by our pack but Jack is capable of so much more even allowing for being on the beaten side. Not the sort of performance you want to see from one of your starting front rowers earning a reputed $400k a season. The much maligned Aiden Tolman churned out 150 metres plus each and every game from 15-20 hit ups and that’s the benchmark for Jack, it really is what he should be aiming to deliver.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
Well if Landry had Matt's best interest at heart, he will cancel his contract.

Attachments

• Screenshot 03_27_2021 13_44_33.png
    Screenshot 03_27_2021 13_44_33.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 26