What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milford

davi

Juniors
People on here joke that he should be offered chump change, but I still wouldn't be surprised if someone throws serious coin at him. If Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds get thrown serious coin, then I wouldn't be surprised that Milford does too. It just won't be anything close to a million a year.

I'm not sure why people on here are suggesting England either. Scott Prince didn't really find his groove until he landed with his third NRL team at the Tigers. There will be a suitor out there for Milford particularly since he still is relatively young.

AJB1102

First Grade
Only 26, so that's on his side. Hasn't done f**kall in 5 years so body should be fresh. Biggest question mark over him I think is does he give a toss. Doesn't look like it.

Wizardman

First Grade
People on here joke that he should be offered chump change, but I still wouldn't be surprised if someone throws serious coin at him. If Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds get thrown serious coin, then I wouldn't be surprised that Milford does too. It just won't be anything close to a million a year.

I'm not sure why people on here are suggesting England either. Scott Prince didn't really find his groove until he landed with his third NRL team at the Tigers. There will be a suitor out there for Milford particularly since he still is relatively young.
Agree 100%....some club will throw decent cash at him.

some11

Referee
I can't remember the last time he broke the line consistently.

Coasting on a huge contract should be a red flag to any club looking at signing him.

Kid is not a worker. at all. Top 4 teams can afford to carry lazy guys with talent - anyone else should look elsewhere.

AJB1102

First Grade
Cronulla picked up Barba fat and lazy from the Broncs about similar age and he played a big part in the premiership season. Milf has been snoozing for a long while but. Feels like he surpassed his dreams just by signing a million dollar Broncos contract.

blaza88z

Coach
He's on a million now, I don't think any club would pay half that for him. If they did, it would be the most they are prepared to pay.

On the weekend he did try to run the ball and the footwork was quite good but he has lost his speed, probably due to the size of him. Which I reckon is something the coaching staff wanted him to do (to bulk up and provide more in defense).

Currently the only thing he has that any team would be worried about is those spiralling/floating bombs at the end of a set, if you got a fullback who can catch. He won't trouble you at all. It's hard to even blame Milford, he's the result of a club that has gone backwards with their recruitment. We never really did replace Ben Hunt, instead we expected Milford to be a halfback and a 5/8.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Griffin to get the band back together.

1. Norman
6. Milford
7. Hunt
9. McCullough

St George Illawarra Dragos

This is far more likely than anyone thinks. Griffin would be eyeing off the revival of the Milford/Hunt combo with keen interest. The question is will it work as well in 2021 as it did in 2016? I hope he is stupid enough to turf Dufty for Norman because I would take Dufty at Brisbane in a heartbeat.

Personally I think he is England bound to coast through Super League. He is another case of Dave Taylor syndrome, all the talent in the world but absolutely zero desire to make anything of it. Came within a bees dick of the Clive Churchill medal in 2015 and has done nothing since.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Inside word is that he’s got a really poor work ethic & just watching him and his on field demeanour it’s clear this is a job for him and any love he had for it is well and truly gone.

Needs a fresh start at a new club to see if he can find the enjoyment in it again, probably worth $350k and a 2 year deal in the NRL.

nick87

Coach
Worst thing he ever did was leave the Raiders
going home isnt always the best thing for your career. There can be a lot of comfort in being home around friends and family... but there can also be comfort to the level that you get comfortable, and lazy, and the friends and family can be a hinderance to your commitment to the job

I dont know what has happened to Milford in Brisbane, but i dont think there is any chance his career turns out this badly if he stayed in Canberra

Mark B

Juniors
Inside word is that he’s got a really poor work ethic & just watching him and his on field demeanour it’s clear this is a job for him and any love he had for it is well and truly gone.

Needs a fresh start at a new club to see if he can find the enjoyment in it again, probably worth $350k and a 2 year deal in the NRL.
Always remember when Paul Kent gave up the right honourable Ben Ikin about Milfords shit training habits after Ikin had told Kent in confidence via Benji Marshall, during Marshall’s stint at Red Hill, Milford would not complete all the weight sets and always take short cuts at training, bit like Jarryd who always had to take a shit during field work. whoever takes on Milford is going to need a tough coach and plenty of performance clauses in Milford’s contract.

Mark B

Juniors
Worst thing he ever did was leave the Raiders
going home isnt always the best thing for your career. There can be a lot of comfort in being home around friends and family... but there can also be comfort to the level that you get comfortable, and lazy, and the friends and family can be a hinderance to your commitment to the job
He is just a lazy but talented footy player, just like Benny Barba without the domestic violence and other nasty vices, but i don’t think there is any chance his career turns out this badly if he stayed in Canberra.
Bronco dollars would have always been on offer and let’s not forget his gravely I’ll dad. No doubt he played his best footy by a mile at the Raiders. From memory the Raiders offer to stay in the capital was around the 750k mark. But he wanted to go home no matter what. IMHO I think the Raiders dodged a bullet.

Mark B

Juniors
This is far more likely than anyone thinks. Griffin would be eyeing off the revival of the Milford/Hunt combo with keen interest. The question is will it work as well in 2021 as it did in 2016? I hope he is stupid enough to turf Dufty for Norman because I would take Dufty at Brisbane in a heartbeat.

Personally I think he is England bound to coast through Super League. He is another case of Dave Taylor syndrome, all the talent in the world but absolutely zero desire to make anything of it. Came within a bees dick of the Clive Churchill medal in 2015 and has done nothing since.
No fan of the Dragons, but that is just cruel. I don’t mind McCulloch as he is a hard worker, Ben Hunt has had the expectation of that massive contract ( the dragons offered him that and Hunt would have been crazy to knock it back)) As an Eels fan was happy to see Norman shown the door and theDragons not only pick him up but also agree to pay out this crazy Parra contract. As for Milford, well I have let my feelings about him known. You could not be that cruel to one one club, maybe the Dogs though. Sorry Timmah.

blaza88z

Coach

2015 we made the Grand Final mate, 2015

2016 we finished 5th and lost the 2nd war to the Cowboys in the 2nd round of the finals

nick87

Coach
He is just a lazy but talented footy player, just like Benny Barba without the domestic violence and other nasty vices.

Bronco dollars would have always been on offer and let’s not forget his gravely I’ll dad. No doubt he played his best footy by a mile at the Raiders. From memory the Raiders offer to stay in the capital was around the 750k mark. But he wanted to go home no matter what. IMHO I think the Raiders dodged a bullet.

His gravely ill Dad... haha yes no, i dont think ill ever forget poor ol Halo struggling through the sniffles.
Our offer from memory was closer to 1m, and yes based on how his career has turned out, that is a huge bullet dodged. However my point is, had he stays in Canberra, away from his friends and family, where he would not have been allowed to become this comfortable and this complacent about his football.

What ever you think of Ricky Stuart as a coach, good, bad, sook, whatever, one thing you have to say is that he's not a push over and his teams are generally speaking tough, hard nosed footy team
He wouldnt have allowed Milford to get comfortable being this lazy.

So my argument is, whilst this player on the deal we offered would have been a club killer, i dont think he ends up this player if he doesnt go to brisbane

Mark B

Juniors
His gravely ill Dad... haha yes no, i dont think ill ever forget poor ol Halo struggling through the sniffles.
Our offer from memory was closer to 1m, and yes based on how his career has turned out, that is a huge bullet dodged. However my point is, had he stays in Canberra, away from his friends and family, where he would not have been allowed to become this comfortable and this complacent about his football.

What ever you think of Ricky Stuart as a coach, good, bad, sook, whatever, one thing you have to say is that he's not a push over and his teams are generally speaking tough, hard nosed footy team
He wouldnt have allowed Milford to get comfortable being this lazy.

So my argument is, whilst this player on the deal we offered would have been a club killer, i dont think he ends up this player if he doesnt go to brisbane
Not big fan of Sticky, but he did the right thing with Milford. I agree with you about him staying in the ACT but h

Mark B

Juniors
Really good reply. The only thing that seems to have hurt his career apis his family rubbish (not to mention the Broncos) and their dirty tricks, which back fire on them.