What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

WestyLife

First Grade
If running last behind such train wrecks as the Bulldogs and Cowboys isn't enough to motivate Manly, I don't know what will. Expect them to turn up ready to play.

Yeah they beat the raiders last year I think it was on nothing but effort. Gotta turn up and strangle them out of it.

martielang

Bench
Edwards ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future - 21, 22 incl. When he comes back he'll slot straight into No.1 regardless of who is playing where & how well they're playing.

betcats

Referee
Edwards ain't going anywhere for the foreseeable future - 21, 22 incl. When he comes back he'll slot straight into No.1 regardless of who is playing where & how well they're playing.

Time will tell. The inside word from Blade from the off-season was they are very open to someone taking his spot. Bryan Fletcher said something similar in regards to Staines on Friday, I honestly think if Staines or Critta got an extended run and killed it than Dylan would end up in another position or at another club.

age.s

First Grade
If Critta or Staines end up playing like the lovechild of Tedesco and Slater for an extended period, then you start considering it. Edwards has only been one step below that level though and deserves loyalty if we're not talking S tier performances from his stand-ins.

I reckon Edwards will start getting the kind of attention that will make it difficult to keep him longer term anyway.

WestyLife

First Grade
If Critta or Staines end up playing like the lovechild of Tedesco and Slater for an extended period, then you start considering it. Edwards has only been one step below that level though and deserves loyalty if we're not talking S tier performances from his stand-ins.

I reckon Edwards will start getting the kind of attention that will make it difficult to keep him longer term anyway.

Yeah I don't thing it'll be a case of Edwards = bad more a competition between 3 quality players.

Crichton needs to start having some impact though he's been very quiet this year.

martielang

Bench
Time will tell. The inside word from Blade from the off-season was they are very open to someone taking his spot. Bryan Fletcher said something similar in regards to Staines on Friday, I honestly think if Staines or Critta got an extended run and killed it than Dylan would end up in another position or at another club.

Unless he gets to Teddy level, I think Staines will always leave the club before Edwards. Staines re-signed for 2 years (I think?) if he performs at fullback his wage would increase drastically & we'd have major collateral throughout the squad. I think the past 2 seasons have shown we can still compete/dominate with a 'best of the rest' type fullback who isn't going to burn a huge chunk of our salary cap.

betcats

Referee
Unless he gets to Teddy level, I think Staines will always leave the club before Edwards. Staines re-signed for 2 years (I think?) if he performs at fullback his wage would increase drastically & we'd have major collateral throughout the squad. I think the past 2 seasons have shown we can still compete/dominate with a 'best of the rest' type fullback who isn't going to burn a huge chunk of our salary cap.

Salary cap is a big reason Edwards might end up leaving imo. Staines or Crichton can move back and be replaced by a pretty cheap Naden this year and probably an even cheaper Tago or May next year. From Edwards POV I think our offer would be less than he could get elsewhere if he keeps playing the way he has been. Edwards contract is until the end of 2022 so what happens in November will give us a good idea but he will be looking to sort out his future at the end of this season.

Zampaa

Juniors
Am I the only person who really wants Izack Tago to come in this week instead of Burton? He's been carving up at the NSW cup level, and it's a position for one week until Naden returns from suspension, it's the perfect opportunity to hand a promising junior their debut.

Beep beep beep...

smuglite alert.

Big congrats to Daine Laurie our new superstar.

We are cashed up but there’s always room for a Panther, especially Dylan.

Give Momo a hug for us (not).

Heard May is being sued for his photos. Nasty business. He must have got the idea from our dickhead politicians.

We are an international embarrassment.

I now return you to regular smug programming.

murraymob

Coach
Interesting we have only been given 18.5 start .I was thinking it would be 24.5 based on the way Malay is going
Looking forward to team Tuesday to see who gets first shot at fullback