What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't think it would take a miracle for Thurston and Payten to turn Brooks into a decent player. It not might even take a season with a quality halfback like JT mentoring Brooks.
JT wouldn’t touch Brooks..He knows Brooks has all the moves when he’s feeling good and when the pressure hits he’s shit without fail. JT wouldn’t risk his reputation on him coz from what he’s seen there’s a good chance he’s unfixable and he knows the only solution is likely a psychologist

Tiger Ted

Bench
JT wouldn’t touch Brooks..He knows Brooks has all the moves when he’s feeling good and when the pressure hits he’s shit without fail. JT wouldn’t risk his reputation on him coz from what he’s seen there’s a good chance he’s unfixable and he knows the only cure is likely a psychologist
Brooks is beyond help.He is deadset unteachable & as it currently stands we r stuck with the appalling liability until ‘23(brilliant judgement call coach).No club in their right mind would generously take him of our hands.

Pezz70

Juniors
JT wouldn’t touch Brooks..He knows Brooks has all the moves when he’s feeling good and when the pressure hits he’s shit without fail. JT wouldn’t risk his reputation on him coz from what he’s seen there’s a good chance he’s unfixable and he knows the only solution is likely a psychologist
Funny thing is Brooks had the wood on JT, tigers were a curse for NQ for a few years there:joy:

Very interesting piece in the Sunday Tele re the fact that Bennett said yes to the Tigers but would not break his contract with the Broncos.

Timing on the field and off, it didn’t happen and Madge got the job, oh well.

gordsy

Juniors
Very interesting piece in the Sunday Tele re the fact that Bennett said yes to the Tigers but would not break his contract with the Broncos.

Timing on the field and off, it didn’t happen and Madge got the job, oh well.

Not sure if I believe that. I think IF we'd have floated old skeletor enough cash he would have broken. Not like he hasn't done it before. Still, the fact that we let Bennett slip through our fingers while keeping Pascoe and other mouth breathing mongs sums up the club fairly accurately.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Anyone hear talk WT are going after Brent Naden from the riff to strengthen our backline?
I saw it in the paper, I think they were suggesting he could replace Joey, who presumably won't be here next year. Naden seems to be down the pecking order now at the Nepean Roosters. I rate him from the little I have seen of him.

Vozzy

Juniors
Made to me is like a combination of Jimmy the Jet and BJ lots of skill and potential mixed with attitude/off field dramas. I reckon he would be bad when we are trying to change the culture.

WA Tiger

Bench
Once u start that shit can u stop esp when stress cranks up and with whatever demons he may be dealing with. I’d have a contract full of conditions and lean towards taking him.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems Panthers fans aren’t too troubled if he goes.

I think he’s a massive talent and will enjoy our emerging squad.

We are a side of rascals, he will fit in well.

You gotta like our recruitment effort these days.

I heard the Hastings deal is all but done.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah it seems Panthers fans aren’t too troubled if he goes.

I think he’s a massive talent and will enjoy our emerging squad.

We are a side of rascals, he will fit in well.

You gotta like our recruitment effort these days.

I heard the Hastings deal is all but done.

There maybe some on the Panthers LU forum who may not to be too worried if Naden leaves but that is not a view shared by the majority of our fans.

He has had some well documented off field issues, which are not ideal, but is a very talented player who in my opinion, at his best makes our starting 13 in front of Momorovski.

I hope we keep him, we will surely need him at some point this season and if and when he gets his position back I’m backing him in to keep it.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think from what i have seen Naden would be a huge upgrade on your young winger Kepeoa. I don't like knocking youngsters but he he was very ordinary on the weekend and while Naden is not perfect he would be a massive upgrade pure and simple. He’s got all the attributes, quick, skilful, elusive, strong, strong in defence even if capable of some poor reads at times and is a try scorer. Given he is not on huge dollars he really does offer great value for money in an inflated market. As i have said i will be pissed off if we let him leave this season, even if he may have to look elsewhere beyond 2021.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We all knew that either JTJ or BJ would fall out of the team. Lo
I think from what i have seen Naden would be a huge upgrade on your young winger Kepeoa. I don't like knocking youngsters but he he was very ordinary on the weekend and while Naden is not perfect he would be a massive upgrade pure and simple. He’s got all the attributes, quick, skilful, elusive, strong, strong in defence even if capable of some poor reads at times and is a try scorer. Given he is not on huge dollars he really does offer great value for money in an inflated market. As i have said i will be pissed off if we let him leave this season, even if he may have to look elsewhere beyond 2021.

Interesting, does Naden usually play on the wing or centre? Given his age I'm guessing he's somewhat mates with Laurie?

Kepaoa had a rubbish game but I think he has what it takes to make a comeback, but I agree, Naden is a country mile more talented at this point in time

Tiger05

First Grade
Dont we have a quota on drug addicts.

Anyway why is Burton going to dogs under Baz, they are no-hopers. waste of a career, we at least show glimpses of potential better days ahead. Dogs we'll give you our delicious Luke Brooks for your crummy old Matt Burton.

I'd love to have Burton coming here.

Tiger05

First Grade
We all knew that either JTJ or BJ would fall out of the team. Lo

Yep but not the way it happened.

Kepaoa had a rubbish game but I think he has what it takes to make a comeback, but I agree, Naden is a country mile more talented at this point in time

The thing with Kepaoa is that he is big and fast. Clearly we can do better but I wouldn't be surprised is Kepaoa comes back. I think Talau is in a similar position. Talau looks good but he has flaws in his game at this point.

Latest posts