What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Rosco

Bench
Parra have been pretty impressive but you have to feel for them ,every league fan knows they are going to choke come semi finals time .
. . . I know you can only play what's in front of you and all that . . . but to be fair, Parra have only just beaten last year's spooners when they had lost 3 off their bench, a very out of sorts Storm, and another depleted team in the sharkies.
Yes they are 3/3.
yes they beat whoever was in front of them.
But in the dead of night, even tragics like rhyno would be dreading the day when their luck comes to an end.
In saying all of that, then they also have the draw from heaven.
The NRL is definitely gunning to end their LONG, LOONG, LLOOONG premiership drought.
In saying all of that, unfortunately we will still find them hard to beat.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How good is Daine looking..he has the full attacking arsenal besides a power running game, his footwork and speed makes up for that though. Definitely going to be his breakout year this year.

we haven’t worked out how to use him in the 20 yet

can’t believe how safe he is at the back. In very windy conditions yesterday he didn’t look like dropping any of the bombs that came his way

WA Tiger

Bench
Laurie just loves it out there doesn’t he..And on top of that he’s marshalling the troops..
Both Simpkins would be my wish..how can the young kiwi offloading machine not be out there for the big games? Makes no sense. and Cini (I’d like to see what all the fuss is about) included with no Kepa or Mbye ...Madge has to start being proactive instead of seeing change as a weakness on his part..and we need impact from the bench. That’s why there’s a bench.
I’m sure Talau is a developing centre I mean he went for an intercept more gratuitous and dumb than for the only required reason of being a man short...however he’s a try machine on the wing.
I’d rather not predict a score for now

Last edited:
5971B254-0CCA-4EB3-9B6F-8C14218DD94E.jpeg
Here’s a capture of the Mbye thing, but I’ve posted it to illustrate how tough the last stages of the game are becoming.

Within that radius you have six knight players, only one of which is anywhere near the ball.

I think we showed what we could do if we kept going with them and the best thing is that we showed a lot of effort in that back end.

Old mate dropped the ball, but we still had to get over the line and shut them down.

And having come back from the dead and proven it to themselves, the guys should be a bit more composed and confident in their own minds.

Madge won’t make many changes if any, because he liked what he saw from the psychological view. He talks about that a lot during press conferences and things. He thinks that’s the key difference in squads.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Mbye is a conundrum. On the one hand he's pretty shithouse and everyone (including him) knows it. On the other, having him on the bench is extremely handy. Talau had to come off (don't know if it was injury or he was hooked?) at one point and Mbye slotted straight in. If he wasn't there, you'd have to move Garner there, then probably put Twal in right side 2nd row etc etc. It's a f**k around that he solves quickly.

If he caught that f**king ball and scored we wouldn't question whether he should remain at 17. Give him another chance but he's on thin f**king ice

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye is a conundrum isn't he. He can play well but it's inconsistent. Defensively he is really good. I wonder if Madge decides to put him back to left centre. Him and Brooks were really defending well on that side last year.

I reckon Simpkin would offer more off the bench especially because Liddle doesn't look like he is killing it just yet. Simpkin and Liddle in tandem might work.

Maybe Mbye to left centre, Talau to the bench along with Simpkin and honestly I'd sack Tamou. It'd give us better service from dummy half plus Talau could fill in at lock and see if he can make some busts up the middle. Tamou won't be dropped but on form I think he offers the least out of all our middle forwards.

Despite the usual terror and stage fright, I think there are a couple of signs Mbye is starting to turn the corner.

That will be an unpopular submission but so be it.

I like my Simpkins though. The big kid could be anything.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Mbye is a conundrum isn't he. He can play well but it's inconsistent. Defensively he is really good. I wonder if Madge decides to put him back to left centre. Him and Brooks were really defending well on that side last year.

I reckon Simpkin would offer more off the bench especially because Liddle doesn't look like he is killing it just yet. Simpkin and Liddle in tandem might work.

Maybe Mbye to left centre, Talau to the bench along with Simpkin and honestly I'd sack Tamou. It'd give us better service from dummy half plus Talau could fill in at lock and see if he can make some busts up the middle. Tamou won't be dropped but on form I think he offers the least out of all our middle forwards.

Liddle can not produce 80 quality minutes, we can all see it I’m wondering when Madge will

Simpkin on the bench to give Liddle a spell and f**k Mbye off.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Despite the usual terror and stage fright, I think there are a couple of signs Mbye is starting to turn the corner.

That will be an unpopular submission but so be it.

I like my Simpkins though. The big kid could be anything.
TSP I really like it usually unorthodox posts but I’m LMAO at “Mbye is starting to turn the corner”. Surely u jest !

I meant like ur usually unorthodox posts

Thanks Tedster.

To be honest, here’s a smidgeon of honesty in my bold assertion.

Ok he dropped the ball over the try line under no pressure whatsoever, a ball that a junior could have caught easily -and that is our standard factory Mbye.

But he was nonetheless, perfectly positioned to drop that ball.

That is not our usual Mbye. There was something vaguely reminiscent of his glory days. Something strange and some here would think creepy and unnerving.

And it was Ok.

Mbye is finding his way home. Plus his d is not the worst.

Last edited:
For the amount of first grade Mbye has played in comparison to the number of tries he has scored is very unimpressive, in years to come people will look at his record and think he must of been a prop forward.

Tiger05

First Grade
TSP I really like it usually unorthodox posts but I’m LMAO at “Mbye is starting to turn the corner”. Surely u jest !

Ted - he can't get any worse so he must be close to turning a corner.

Mbye is at least one of 2 best defensive centres. He is also one of our 2 best fullbacks, probably 3rd best half and our best utility player. The problem is we are paying him to be a star. He was a much better recruit than Reynolds and probably Packer but still he has been a poor recruit.