What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mbye is fighting hard.

There is no way the Mbye of recent years would have almost scored that try. None and zip.

After several years in the league wilderness, I think he could be on his way back home.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Lol Mbye has nothing and never will

the fact we creamed our pants over Laurie in 1 trial match at fullback is all you need to know about him. He trained at fullback all pre-season and was easily dethroned by a rookie

Lol Mbye has nothing and never will

the fact we creamed our pants over Laurie in 1 trial match at fullback is all you need to know about him. He trained at fullback all pre-season and was easily dethroned by a rookie

Harsh speedy, harsh.

He was where he was supposed to be in that near-try. It was a set play and he did everything right until he fumbled it. All the hard work done. So that’s like a 90% effort in the attempt.

By his standards, that’s quite high and I think, very promising.

Mark my words, he’s on his way home.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ted - he can't get any worse so he must be close to turning a corner.

Mbye is at least one of 2 best defensive centres. He is also one of our 2 best fullbacks, probably 3rd best half and our best utility player. The problem is we are paying him to be a star. He was a much better recruit than Reynolds and probably Packer but still he has been a poor recruit.
If ur view about Mbye is correct & I’m not necessarily disagreeing then it iunderscores how fkd our backline depth is.IMO Mbye is an oxygen thief & if I were assembling a squad Id value him at < 10% of what he’s currently earning.What the fk were Ray Dib & Hasler ingesting when they gifted him that insane contract.

stryker

First Grade
Harsh speedy, harsh.

He was where he was supposed to be in that near-try. It was a set play and he did everything right until he fumbled it. All the hard work done. So that’s like a 90% effort in the attempt.

By his standards, that’s quite high and I think, very promising.

Mark my words, he’s on his way home.
What do you mean he is on his way home?

What do you mean he is on his way home?

He was once marquee, a prolific try scorer, step an speed to burn. The reference to “home” is a reference to his best days of the past.

Many people will only see the humiliating and laughable fumble as symbolic of his value. But I look to the build up and opportunity he provided himself to score and argue that it was a glimpse of his old self.

He’s spent a few years trying to recapture his form, trying to get “home” as it were, back to the fundamentally good player he is.

I trust that assists.

We just didn’t get the 100% merkin Moses we are used to. Something good this way creeps.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
He is there over Simpkin more due to an injury in the back line more then replacing Liddle but because it's both he gets the nod for now. I'm happy for Simpkin to get regular 80min stints to build up any rust from not playing last year. I think Simpkin will be the main hooker next year though. Liddle to me is good but Simpkin will be another level and it's a contract year more for Liddle so I think the club is playing their cards right when it comes to this position but it's up to Liddle to hold out Simpkin to me.

WA Tiger

Bench
The teams the same as last week? Carved in stone.There’s no risk of players losing their spot!! ...Therefore as before anything bad is possible for us from now on..at least Madge can fk off after that

Last edited:
Behind with 5 minutes to go against a respected top 8 side, a fiery cauldron of 20, 000 haters for a milestone game for their best player.

The boys dig deep and peer into their footy souls.

Not only do we score to win, but we go close to putting another 12 points on them.

I think our knights side deserves the benefit of the doubt and another crack.

However feral and lacklustre they were at times, at the end of the day, they proved themselves entirely worthy.

We bring that heart with us we will beat the eels.

With Mbye going from strength to strength.

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
He was once marquee, a prolific try scorer, step an speed to burn. The reference to “home” is a reference to his best days of the past.

Many people will only see the humiliating and laughable fumble as symbolic of his value. But I look to the build up and opportunity he provided himself to score and argue that it was a glimpse of his old self.

He’s spent a few years trying to recapture his form, trying to get “home” as it were, back to the fundamentally good player he is.

I trust that assists.

We just didn’t get the 100% merkin Moses we are used to. Something good this way creeps.

You do crack me up I’ll give you that

He was never anything, just make sure you ask the next die hard bulldogs fan to confirm. They all wanted him turfed for years

25 tries in 138 first grade games is hardly prolific either, even Brooksy has more tries than that!

He was never anything, just make sure you ask the next die hard bulldogs fan to confirm.

25 tries in 138 first grade games is hardly prolific either, even Brooksy has more tries than that!

Then I went to the supermarket and posted again...

He was never anything, just make sure you ask the next die hard bulldogs fan to confirm. They all wanted him turfed for years

Asking a bulldogs fan about rugby league is like asking a Baltic Sea jellyfish about it’s latest trek up Mt Everest.

My learned friend, you forget that Mbye was called to play Origin. That makes him amongst the elite of the elite. One of the chosen few.

He calls this “home.”

Tiger Ted

Bench

I trust that assists.

We just didn’t get the 100% merkin Moses we are used to. Something good this way creeps.[/QUOTE
I’m wondering how much ur earning as mbyes Public relations officer.

The Rosco

Bench

I trust that assists.

. . . you been in the shed again, huh?

Latest posts