What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Sun - Newcastle 13-22 St Geo Illa @ McDonald Jones

Round 4: Newcastle v St Geo Illa

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 4
Newcastle Knights v St George Illawarra Dragons
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 4 April 2021

NSW Cup 1:30pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Blake Green 18. Brodie Jones 19. Dominic Young 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Pasami Saulo

STGEOILLA-2021.png

1. Matthew Dufty 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Brayden Wiliame 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Josh Kerr 12. Tariq Sims 13. Tyrell Fuimaono
Interchange: 14. Poasa Faamausili 15. Trent Merrin 16. Daniel Alvaro 17. Jackson Ford 18. Kaide Ellis 19. Jordan Pereira 20. Max Feagai 21. Eddie Blacker

9haLtxR.jpg

Referees: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

NSW Cup match as a curtain raiser - 1:30pm Knights v Dragons at McDonald Jones​

Last edited by a moderator:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Not sure about this one...

Just on a hunch, I'm going to go Dragons by 4 with absolutely no confidence.

This Year?

Immortal
It's not a finals or a milestone game for anyone so the Knights should be up for this. I doubt they will play as bad as they did last Sunday.
Some juicy matchups in the forwards will make this interesting, but I think the Knights win in a tight finish.
All I can hope for is Saints continue to play with desire and for each other. This is the type of game they need to be competitive in if they want to entertain any thoughts of finals footy.

Apey

Staff member
Dragons are so far, the find of the year as far as improvement is concerned.

I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion after beating the #1 and #2 contenders for the spoon.

Still, they're a decent chance here. Not confident whatsoever after last week.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion after beating the #1 and #2 contenders for the spoon.

Still, they're a decent chance here. Not confident whatsoever after last week.

Be that as it may. But compared to last season, they are now playing with commitment and purpose. And I'm sure most Dragons supporters are happy with a couple of wins, no matter who they are against.

Apey

Staff member
How does Shibasaki get another crack after his terrible performance against the tigpies?
Not sure we have many other options, but he was playing wing and he's back in his usual position of centre.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I watched Sunday’s game again last night, I don’t think I realized just how bad the knights were watching it live. Shame Ponga and Best are still out for them.

Will be a good read for the dragons, have played 2 absolute horrible teams and I doubt the knights play that badly again.

Going Knights but that’s more a guess then anything

Kilkenny

Coach
This round has potential upsets written all over it. If the Knights turn up and play for the full 80 they win, they couldn’t play as poorly again at home this week, or could they.

NewySteel

Juniors
I watched Sunday’s game again last night, I don’t think I realized just how bad the knights were watching it live. Shame Ponga and Best are still out for them.

Will be a good read for the dragons, have played 2 absolute horrible teams and I doubt the knights play that badly again.

Going Knights but that’s more a guess then anything
Yep, our handling errors last week were atrocious. Do that against any team and you’re setting yourself up for a loss. Dragons are capable of taking any opportunities we give them.

Green being back will benefit us a lot when attacking inside the 20. Though we won’t look slick until ponga is back in round 5-6.

mozza91

Coach
We play like the Round 1 and 2 and we’ll win. Play like last week and we’ll get pumped.

Ball is in your court boys. Aim the f**k up.

mongoose

Coach
Dragons are bulding in confidence, that Knights backline is trash without Ponga and Best... Dragons by 10

perverse

Referee
If we play it through the middle, we will win. As others have said, our backline is trash without Ponga/Best - so if we go with that side to side crap we pulled out last week (and drop the pill all over the place) it could be another long day.

Our forwards are potent enough and dangerous enough that short passing in and around the ruck should be effective in the mid-late game after a few big runs. It's actually really f**king simple, I don't get how we f**k it up so bad. Dumb leadership.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Tough one to pick. Merge have momentum but Newy will be hurting after last week and will want to rally quickly. I'm going Newcastle in a slog.

_Johnsy

Referee
With the form hunt has shown, Hunt out = not much confidence.
Hunt in = pretty confident.

This has GP written all over it & a brain fade penalty/error (10m out of their tryline) to decide it.

I'll nominate the following for impending error/penalty.
Drags - Rava (due for an error)/Lawrie/Dufty
Newie - Shibaski/Hoy/Pearce