What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

stryker

First Grade
It’s as much about now as it is about the future and minimising the chances of another fk up like Mitchel... and then when they arrive after it being a close call between us and another club, because of the word of mouth and eventually our place on the ladder , we keep them strong of mind and body.I can’t see any problem with that strategy if u keep it simple
Mitchell and Addo Carr not signing here had f**k all to do with them being Koori.
Latrell is a star and he didn’t want to play in an amateurish team such as ours.
Josh had been f**ked over once already by this club and decided the Dogs of all clubs would be a better option.
It’s our on field performances that drive good players away. They then come here for the golden parachute when their career is done. That’s our lot.

WA Tiger

Bench
Look it’s all good to have articles like this but it does didly squat for results on the field. In fact I believe the % of indigenous in our team has been detrimental in our results. To me indigenous players are very hot cold and when the heat goes on they usually fold. There’s reasons why the nz warriors haven’t won a premiership in their 26 year history.
There was an argument like that a while back weather right or wrong but that was referring to the Samoan/ Tongan (Islanders) contingent (not aborigine)being lazy trainers and as u say being hot and cold...Which apparently explained the lack of success at the warriors..
(And that they respond better to a softer voice like Kearny’s)

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Mitchell and Addo Carr not signing here had f**k all to do with them being Koori.
Latrell is a star and he didn’t want to play in an amateurish team such as ours.
Josh had been f**ked over once already by this club and decided the Dogs of all clubs would be a better option.
It’s our on field performances that drive good players away. They then come here for the golden parachute when their career is done. That’s our lot.
“And eventually our place on the ladder”

WA Tiger

Bench
What is the point of turning the club into a pathway club for specific nationality/ethnicities?
A HUGE big f**k-off no for me.
Just recruit the best you can no matter what they look like or where they come from.
If u think a safe environment isn’t a major consideration for aborigine when considering which club to play for, your dreaming

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If they require a safe space, they can f**k off and go do something else.

Behind door number 1 we have a pathway system for indigenous players looking to break into NRL. It doesn't guarantee you a career it's simply a pathway that will make us more attractive than other clubs.

Behind door number 2 we have nothing that gives us a competitive advantage to lure and develope indigenous talent.

Stryker - Door Number 2! DOOR NUMBER 2!

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Behind door number 1 we have a pathway system for indigenous players looking to break into NRL. It doesn't guarantee you a career it's simply a pathway that will make us more attractive than other clubs.

Behind door number 2 we have nothing that gives us a competitive advantage to lure and develope indigenous talent.

Latrell and JAC not coming here wasn't an indgenous issue but how does it hurt us to target indigenous players.

When we talk about accepting mediocrity I think Stryker's approach is exactly what we are talking about. The club needs to view themselves as a preferred destinations for players.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Plus our juniors punch above their weight.It won’t be too long b4 another Rowdy farah or turd come along

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Plus our juniors punch above their weight.It won’t be too long b4 another Rowdy farah or turd come along

I noticed our Flegg squad had a strong win on the weekend. There’s talk we have some of the best of the junior talent in the country in that team (although one of them went down in the trials with an ACL, name escapes me)

Ball and Matt’s teams have had mixed form so far

would love nothing more & believe the clubs huge focus is to strengthen the juniors again

stryker

First Grade

I’d rather a pathway to sign tough kids from rural areas such as western Queensland.
Whether they are black or white means jack shit.
An indigenous program does not give us a competitive advantage. The good ones are only going to sign here if we have a winning culture.

stryker

First Grade
Latrell and JAC not coming here wasn't an indgenous issue but how does it hurt us to target indigenous players.

When we talk about accepting mediocrity I think Stryker's approach is exactly what we are talking about. The club needs to view themselves as a preferred destinations for players.
Oh f**k off. The club needs to start winning. It is All THAT MATTERS.
Btw, you are the most accepting of mediocrity on this entire site, so stop projecting.

The Wests Tigers have held a sit down meeting with halfback Luke Brooks to ensure the no. 7 the club wants the playmaker to remain at Concord.
Brooks still has this season plus two more at the Wests Tigers but has been heavily linked to the North Queensland Cowboys in the past fortnight.

Brooks, 26, played under 20s for Wests Tigers when Cowboys coach Todd Payten was coaching at the joint venture.

The Tigers spoke to Brooks in the lead-up to their first victory of the season over Newcastle last Sunday to assure the halfback the club wants to retain the local junior long-term.

We’ve told Luke we believe in him and we want him to remain our halfback,” Tigers general manager of football Adam Hartigan said.

“There’s never been any indication about him wanting to play anywhere else.”

The Cowboys are expected to enter the open market in search of a playmaker with Michael Morgan currently exploring being medically retired.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4fd2231ad49b0bbf8e7975732f438f47

Just like saying the coach is safe, IMO

BrotherJim05

Bench
I’d rather a pathway to sign tough kids from rural areas such as western Queensland.
Whether they are black or white means jack shit.
An indigenous program does not give us a competitive advantage. The good ones are only going to sign here if we have a winning culture.

I was taking the piss a bit but you actually make a fair point.

We may actually have a pathway system like that in place but we identified that indigenous players weren't keen on coming to Tigers and opted for a different club that had a better pathway system.

Either way though, I'm happy we have this in place and looking forward to seeing more indigenous kids coming through the system.

Tiger05

First Grade
Oh f**k off. The club needs to start winning. It is All THAT MATTERS.
Btw, you are the most accepting of mediocrity on this entire site, so stop projecting.

This is bullshit again. How do I accept mediocrity and how do you not accept it.

Is this like the my comment on Laurie being a Superstar results in the Tigers overpaying him for a long term contract.

I know it's hard because you are from Queensland and the average IQ level up there is a fair bit below the average IQ level at a QAnon convention but you gotta try and be logical.

I do agree that the club needs to start winning but you do that via making smart decisions over time. Your ideas are the exact opposite of that. It's all reactive BS based on acting tough but in reality just being stupid.

Don't get upset either. It's just a discussion on a forum about our footy team.

Tiger05

First Grade
I was taking the piss a bit but you actually make a fair point.

We may actually have a pathway system like that in place but we identified that indigenous players weren't keen on coming to Tigers and opted for a different club that had a better pathway system.

Either way though, I'm happy we have this in place and looking forward to seeing more indigenous kids coming through the system.

His point is BS like most of his points. The club is doing something positive and they should do something positive.

I agree that JAC not coming here had little to do with being indigenous. I think Latrell though always wanted to play for Souths and a big part of that is being indigenous. JAC would have come here or gone to Souths or gone to play for the Dapto under 8's if they offered the most money.

I'd add that the club like all clubs are always scouting for quality players. This is how we've signed a bunch of players like Laurie, Jake Simpkins, Stef U, Tuki Simpkins and the list goes on.

WA Tiger

Bench
The Wests Tigers have held a sit down meeting with halfback Luke Brooks to ensure the no. 7 the club wants the playmaker to remain at Concord.
Brooks still has this season plus two more at the Wests Tigers but has been heavily linked to the North Queensland Cowboys in the past fortnight.

Brooks, 26, played under 20s for Wests Tigers when Cowboys coach Todd Payten was coaching at the joint venture.

The Tigers spoke to Brooks in the lead-up to their first victory of the season over Newcastle last Sunday to assure the halfback the club wants to retain the local junior long-term.

We’ve told Luke we believe in him and we want him to remain our halfback,” Tigers general manager of football Adam Hartigan said.

“There’s never been any indication about him wanting to play anywhere else.”

The Cowboys are expected to enter the open market in search of a playmaker with Michael Morgan currently exploring being medically retired.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4fd2231ad49b0bbf8e7975732f438f47

Just like saying the coach is safe, IMO
They will want another sit down with Brooks after the Eels game ..a game where real and sustainable confidence, from Brooks will be required unfortunately..

Last edited: