What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Lodge Complaint to Fox Sports and NRL

blue bags

First Grade
No offence to me as I have all my teeth as do all the other Bunnies fans I know. Thing is , I've lived in the Parramatta area my whole life and have encountered quite a few Crapamatta fans who are dentally challenged. I'm sure you won't let reality get in the way of your pathetic attempt at humour though.
I had a house at Marylandz

Mark B

Juniors
Absolutely brother. I if you have not seen the movie Twilight, not that teenie bopper vampire stuff, it is one of a James Garner’s best, made in the late 90’s not only was Garner in it, so was Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, Susan Sarandon. Great flick.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Absolutely brother. I if you have not seen the movie Twilight, not that teenie bopper vampire stuff, it is one of a James Garner’s best, made in the late 90’s not only was Garner in it, so was Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, Susan Sarandon. Great flick.
Absolutely, a really great movie. I haven't watched it in a while so I'll have to dig out my DVD copy and watch it after the Bunnies/Dogs game tomorrow.

typicalfan

Coach
Except they bring all of the media scrutiny upon themselves. Despite what they have you believe, there is no anti-Storm nor anti-Victorian conspiracy (which is such a Victorian thing to say). Since their inception, they have done almost nothing but bring negative attention to the game through their salary cap rorting and unethical tactics. If they want people to like them then all they need to do is make themselves likeable.
I'm not sure but Melbourne love them. I'm not saying there is an anti-victorian agenda, not sure how you made that out from what I said but Paul Kent is on record stating he prefers controversy in the game and even with all his flaws you'd take Craig Bellamy and his contribution to the game over Kent, Hoops, Buzz, Crawley combined.

saint.nick

Coach
I'm not sure but Melbourne love them. I'm not saying there is an anti-victorian agenda, not sure how you made that out from what I said but Paul Kent is on record stating he prefers controversy in the game and even with all his flaws you'd take Craig Bellamy and his contribution to the game over Kent, Hoops, Buzz, Crawley combined.
I'm not saying that those journos are better for the game, I just happen to agree with a specific point made by Paul Kent. If Adolf Hitler made the point I'd still agree with it.

I made out the perceived anti-Victorian agenda from what you said because that's a big part of how the Storm perceive any negative attention, and why they respond back in the way they do. They really don't help themselves; for instance they still recognise and celebrate their stripped premierships in 2007 and 2009, even though they were achieved by virtue of the largest and most blatant cheating in rugby league history. Instead of accepting guilt and showing a bit of remorse for what they did, they flip the bird and blow a raspberry at everyone.

typicalfan

Coach
I'm not saying that those journos are better for the game, I just happen to agree with a specific point made by Paul Kent. If Adolf Hitler made the point I'd still agree with it.

I made out the perceived anti-Victorian agenda from what you said because that's a big part of how the Storm perceive any negative attention, and why they respond back in the way they do. They really don't help themselves; for instance they still recognise and celebrate their stripped premierships in 2007 and 2009, even though they were achieved by virtue of the largest and most blatant cheating in rugby league history. Instead of accepting guilt and showing a bit of remorse for what they did, they flip the bird and blow a raspberry at everyone.
Who cares if they aren't officially recognised. I don't recognise them, if they want to pretend their real, go right ahead.

Suck it up, grubmerkins. I don't like K unt any more than the next person but on this point, he is spot on. Melbourne are just about the only side in the comp that regularly employs flat out dirty tactics to win games. They don't give a shit who they have to walk over to win.
You are correct. Melbourne has caused more damage to the game's integrity than any other club. I find it amusing that the mob responsible for the Storm's success, News Ltd, are now attacking their former pet project. They didn't care about the Storm's game plan when they owned the bastards.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You are correct. Melbourne has caused more damage to the game's integrity than any other club. I find it amusing that the mob responsible for the Storm's success, News Ltd, are now attacking their former pet project. They didn't care about the Storm's game plan when they owned the bastards.

more than the sharks? Do you really want me to list all the sharks big news bad stories of the last two decades?

it’s only natural people from Sydney are going to hate the most successful RL club in the modern era given they are representing Victoria and have developed some of the best queensland talent of all time! Kent’s comments were arguably slanderous and he should be counting himself lucky he isn’t facing civil court time for them.

Mark B

Juniors
Using the law to prove slander is not as easy as hurting someone’s feelings through what can be argued as legitimate criticism. I am no lawyer, however have been involved in and around courts my entire working career (Not as a defendant either for the smarties)Going down that track to win an argument is just silly Red.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Using the law to prove slander is not as easy as hurting someone’s feelings through what can be argued as legitimate criticism. I am no lawyer, however have been involved in and around courts my entire working career (Not as a defendant either for the smarties)Going down that track to win an argument is just silly Red.

I’d think saying a coach is deliberately coaching his team to be dirty and injure opposition players is more than legitimate criticsm. There is no evidence Storm players are penalised for foul play any more than any other team. Watched most of the games so far this weekend and there’s been half a dozen or more dirty plays by non Storm players, and non by Storm players against broncos so go figure. I agree these cases tend to get settled out of court but doesn’t mean that Kent didn’t open himself up to a claim with his comments.

Mark B

Juniors
I’d think saying a coach is deliberately coaching his team to be dirty and injure opposition players is more than legitimate criticsm. There is no evidence Storm players are penalised for foul play any more than any other team. Watched most of the games so far this weekend and there’s been half a dozen or more dirty plays by non Storm players, and non by Storm players against broncos so go figure. I agree these cases tend to get settled out of court but doesn’t mean that Kent didn’t open himself up to a claim with his comments.
It’s all subjective mate. You only have to read the 1000’s of comments on this board over the same subject. Which makes things hard to prove in front of a jury or a judge alone hearing. Not only that, in this particular caper it would be News Ltd against News Ltd.

more than the sharks? Do you really want me to list all the sharks big news bad stories of the last two decades?

it’s only natural people from Sydney are going to hate the most successful RL club in the modern era given they are representing Victoria and have developed some of the best queensland talent of all time! Kent’s comments were arguably slanderous and he should be counting himself lucky he isn’t facing civil court time for them.
RL was a faster, more open flowing game before Bellamy employed wrestling holds to slow the ruck. Before PVL came in the game was getting incredibly boring, with the refs unsuccessfully trying to get the grubbery out of the game by penalising the shit out of teams. The game was becoming like onionball. Thank God PVL stepped in and gave us our game back.

I enjoy watching the Storm put on dazzling attacking plays through Papenhuyzen and JAC. If they did more of that they would have more respect from the public.

Now you're just being a one-eyed fan. Storm introduced these tactics to the game and utilise them better than anyone else. Other teams have copied them to keep up on the scoreboard.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
RL was a faster, more open flowing game before Bellamy employed wrestling holds to slow the ruck. Before PVL came in the game was getting incredibly boring, with the refs unsuccessfully trying to get the grubbery out of the game by penalising the shit out of teams. The game was becoming like onionball. Thank God PVL stepped in and gave us our game back.

I enjoy watching the Storm put on dazzling attacking plays through Papenhuyzen and JAC. If they did more of that they would have more respect from the public.

Now you're just being a one-eyed fan. Storm introduced these tactics to the game and utilise them better than anyone else. Other teams have copied them to keep up on the scoreboard.

theres a massive difference between saying Storm became the best at slowing down the ruck and saying they are being coached to Injure opposition through foul play! Ironically Storm score some of the most exciting tries you’ll see in RL, yet fans just want to moan about the wrestle and say Storm had made the game worse. Haters gonna hate I suppose.
Watching Cody walkers elbow effort at the weekend I guess we’ll hear about how Bennett’s coaches dirty play this week?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
At best you could say Bellamy was reckless in his use of wrestling moves to slow down the ruck. That excuse wears thin once you're up to the 3rd, then 4th, 5th, 6th dangerous maneuver they employed. Those moves were brought across from wrestling and MMA and are designed to incapacitate or injure. There use on the football field will forever be disgraceful.

Mark B

Juniors
theres a massive difference between saying Storm became the best at slowing down the ruck and saying they are being coached to Injure opposition through foul play! Ironically Storm score some of the most exciting tries you’ll see in RL, yet fans just want to moan about the wrestle and say Storm had made the game worse. Haters gonna hate I suppose.
Watching Cody walkers elbow effort at the weekend I guess we’ll hear about how Bennett’s coaches dirty play this week?
Red, you are sounding like a kid complaining to his teacher that little Johnny did this and that whilst you are getting into strife you’re self. I don’t get why you want a Perth team when you are so one eyed with the Melbourne Storm. Walker’s elbow was a low dog shot, but to use an excuse similar along the lines of yours, is that Walker did once play for the Storm.