What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player unrest at the Cows?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The rumor mill coming out of North QLD is in overdrive. Josh McGuire has been told he can look elsewhere (off the back of a physical scuffle with the coach apparently?), and now there is noise that JT13 has told his agent to make inquiries.

None of this has hit the airwaves yet but if there is any truth to it at all, it won't take long. It's looking like an exodus. I have a feeling after their insipid showing against the Sharks (and lets be honest, the Sharks are a mid table team, 8th to 10th territory. Getting 48 points piled on you by them is not good signs), the coach has an at best shaky hold on the playing group. Peyton doesn't come across to me as a very agreeable personality. He seems to have a perpetual state of sourpuss on his face. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is some trouble afoot.

Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but something as big as Lolo wanting out of the Cowboys felt like it deserved its own thread. He would immediately become the hottest commodity on the player market overnight.

Payten strikes me as a coach who tells it how it is.

If player unrest stems from that, then it says far more about them than the coach.

That club has been in a hole since 2018. They got rid of the last coach, who won them their first premiership,

Seems to me there’s a lot of precious players up there. They need a clean out.

Josh McGuire... “winners have parties, losers have meetings”.... hmmm.

Hey, look who's back after a conspicuous year long absence!

Yes, we're in turmoil and I have to question the integrity of this squad. They're defending like a school team who picked up a Steeden for the first time last week. When was the last time you saw a defensive line condense itself while putting zero pressure on the first receiver and back peddling on the edges for 15 minutes straight while the other mob runs in 30 points?

It's as if they were saying, "run around us, we don't want to tackle".

Canard

Immortal
The rumor mill coming out of North QLD is in overdrive. Josh McGuire has been told he can look elsewhere (off the back of a physical scuffle with the coach apparently?), and now there is noise that JT13 has told his agent to make inquiries.

None of this has hit the airwaves yet but if there is any truth to it at all, it won't take long. It's looking like an exodus. I have a feeling after their insipid showing against the Sharks (and lets be honest, the Sharks are a mid table team, 8th to 10th territory. Getting 48 points piled on you by them is not good signs), the coach has an at best shaky hold on the playing group. Peyton doesn't come across to me as a very agreeable personality. He seems to have a perpetual state of sourpuss on his face. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is some trouble afoot.

Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but something as big as Lolo wanting out of the Cowboys felt like it deserved its own thread. He would immediately become the hottest commodity on the player market overnight.

Delete your social media and stop reading that dogshit twitter account.

That prick has less "inside info" then T Goon

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Delete your social media and stop reading that dogshit twitter account.

That prick has less "inside info" then T Goon

I actually don't know who you are referring to, I got the info from that place you all hate. I presume the person over there got it from this guy on twitter.

Bazal

Post Whore
Seems to be very little chance that this is true but if it is, the Cows board should back Payten over the overpaid sloths Paul Green gave ludicrous contracts to after 2015...

That club needs an Eels level clean out, player unrest is a perfect excuse to get rid of underperforming or lazy shit merkins

Latest posts