What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Mon - Wests Tigers 22-36 Parramatta @ Stad Aus

Round 4: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pretty much

I thought we copped a couple of harsh calls, the Gutherson offside was laughable, however absolutely nothing cost us the game and IMO the final scoreline is about right

I agree on the offside... but you won’t hear much of it in the media as parra were the better team and the tigers were the despised outsiders in the game...

I go back the the bunker recall from yesterday and the logic on that call vs the ferguson kick ... it just is comical...

KennySterling

Juniors
This is a merkin who gave the Broncos a penalty in front of the sticks in golden point, for markers not square. The markers were as square as they were all game. (Against the tigers btw)

You never saw him in UK.
He absolutely butchered the final game of the very first Magic Weekend in 2007 - as the video ref !

Eelementary

Post Whore
pretty much

I thought we copped a couple of harsh calls, the Gutherson offside was laughable, however absolutely nothing cost us the game and IMO the final scoreline is about right

I thought you guys showed heaps of character - I honestly thought we looked in cruise control in that first half.

macnaz

Staff member
Could be worse, about 5 years ago the average margin in AFL over the whole season was 55 points. I mean it’s bad now, but it comes and goes in waves.
Hmmm cant see it happening with the current NRL rules though Skeepe unless they change something. The points differential has been increasing weekly this season .
Anyway im not taking away from the fact our club is shit , just refs can dictate a game far more than in the games history . They dont even publish the tackle reset stats.. wtf is with that ?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I thought you guys showed heaps of character - I honestly thought we looked in cruise control in that first half.

I think you’re being very kind. We lost the game between the 12th-24th min where we conceded 3 tries due to the Eels running harder then us.

when it got to 24-10 with 30 to go I expected 50 and to me it was a lot more the Eels derping it up then it was us working our way back into it. Both times after we got close the Eels scores almost immediately to take any hope away, they always had it under control.

This has been our problem for the last 3 years in that when momentum goes against us we can’t tough up and last it out. Sadly I haven’t seen any signs that it will improve

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you’re being very kind. We lost the game between the 12th-24th min where we conceded 3 tries due to the Eels running harder then us.

when it got to 24-10 with 30 to go I expected 50 and to me it was a lot more the Eels derping it up then it was us working our way back into it. Both times after we got close the Eels scores almost immediately to take any hope away, they always had it under control.

This has been our problem for the last 3 years in that when momentum goes against us we can’t tough up and last it out. Sadly I haven’t seen any signs that it will improve

As an opposition fan, I think there are some good signs:

* Luciano Leuilua is a handful
* Brooks, to me, looked sharp
* Tamou and Musgrove haven't hit their straps yet as a staring pair, but when they do, things will look pretty good

I think one of your biggest issues is in the outside backs - Nofoaluma knows how to score a try, but is pretty average defensively; Roberts will take some time to get back to his best; Laurie is a bit of an unknown quantity.

But the pieces are there - just need some further assembly, imo.

GongPanther

Referee
Then don’t kick it into touch...
I don't get your point, but I'll rephdase mine.

Normally a team would receive a penalty. The team would kick for touch. The team would then take the tap from the spot 10 yards out from where the ball passed the touchline.

The length of the kick to advance to the tap kick would be between 5 to 20 yards depending on the skill of the kicker.

That difference in yardage that a team does not get, is what makes a "set of six tackles again" a disadvantage.

King hit

Coach
That margin is quite unfair on the Tigers. Showed some real commitment and fight but some flaky tries at the end made it look more convincing then it was.

GongPanther

Referee
That margin is quite unfair on the Tigers. Showed some real commitment and fight but some flaky tries at the end made it look more convincing then it was.
When Douhli scored, the Parra players arms were hanging and they were gassed.

Unfortunately the Tigers couldn't stamp any authority on the rest of the game.

But the signs are looking much better for the Tigers, and if they can work hard and get their shit together, they should easily make the top 8.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah I have coloured glasses but I have no idea what the fuss is about, he was clearly behind the kick. If Fergo didn't have 8 foot long legs it might have been line ball but he was behind the kick

Live he got to the ball way to quick and it looked poor, replay showed exactly what you say here, Fergo's foot def in front of Gutho.