What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 5/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefy1

Juniors
hav two agree whilst he’s a great defender but his attack so far is just average. He’s not offering much at all.

Aa for he game, I’ll def take the 2 points. Pauli and RCG were awesome and so was Moses.

we had better aim up against the Dragons. They will come out and try to bash us just like they did with Newcastle

The dragons are dead set bums. They've beaten a reserve grade Cowboys and depleted manly, and the knights had more injuries than Phar Lap. We'll run rings around them 13 +

Kilkenny

Coach
A couple of observations from an impartial observer;

Isaac Papall’i is going great guns and has been outstanding.

You do not miss the myth that is Waqa Blake which hurts ever more given we pay a portion of his salary.

RCG got a lot of votes in your 3,2,1 thread not sure how I feel about that one, given he is my least favourite ex Panther ever.

Most importantly, your coach continues to under use your bench and at some point in a long and tough season it will bite him big time. This for me is the big one, there will surely be games when you will need your bench players to stand up and for whatever reason your coach clearly doesn’t have faith in them.

yy_cheng

Coach
Regarding the bench, either he wants them to get fitter so whatever happened to last weeks Canberra and sharks wouldn't affect us.

Or, he is using the bench depending on what is unfolding.

It was a 2 pt ball game at one stage so he needed his best out there to win.

Last year, he was mechanical, used the bench like it was preplanned and I think that was worse

Hopefully they get a rest during training like gutho did our get a rest in future games

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think beating them was a fluke?

Or maybe we trained for that...........

I said we where the superior side. But we switched off and lacked killer instinct. People suggesting we had no chance of losing at 24-22 are being silly. We where always a chance of conceding another try. Better side on the day doesn't always win.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I said we where the superior side. But we switched off and lacked killer instinct. People suggesting we had no chance of losing at 24-22 are being silly. We where always a chance of conceding another try. Better side on the day doesn't always win.

I don't think we switched off. More I think we got out to a half decent lead and tried to get a little too cute with our plays thinking we're gonna blow them off the park, it then took us too long to go back to the set game plan, which allowed them into the game. Then when we got our shit together again they couldn't go with us.

Maybe we switched off defensively a bit there, but what allowed them into the game was simple errors in general play that shouldn't, but can happen. That's also gonna put pressure on our defence.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Merkin must have said Gutho was offside.

This from an eels fan on social media....

I was one bay away from this and it had NOTHING to do with the game or fandom. Just a guy that was off his face, dancing like he was at a rave even before kick off. Tripping all over chairs and other fans. Landed on those guys and wanted a handshake to apologise. When they refused and they told him to go sit down, he threw the punch out of the blue.

IFR33K

Coach
we have a couple of injuries atm ... so bench is not as strong .... if waqa and matto play our bench is likely niukore, 225k sq km, papalii, will ..... I dare say those first three chaps get good minutes

Who the f is 225 sq km?

84 Baby

Referee
A couple of observations from an impartial observer;

Isaac Papall’i is going great guns and has been outstanding.

You do not miss the myth that is Waqa Blake which hurts ever more given we pay a portion of his salary.

RCG got a lot of votes in your 3,2,1 thread not sure how I feel about that one, given he is my least favourite ex Panther ever.

Most importantly, your coach continues to under use your bench and at some point in a long and tough season it will bite him big time. This for me is the big one, there will surely be games when you will need your bench players to stand up and for whatever reason your coach clearly doesn’t have faith in them.
And so the smugly telling other teams what they are doing wrong begins again

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I don't think that's the reason, particularly with Smith, Hipgrave maybe. BA is a bigger fan of Smith than most here, but pretty sure BA sees him as the fresh set of legs against the tired opposition for the last 15 mins or so, and is been working well.

Not so much yesterday as he wasn't really needed but its worked well in previous games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Once again we showed a lack of killer instinct that the top sides have, the game was there to be put away and we couldn’t do it. I can only imagine Bellamy’s reaction he would of been pissed and rightly so. Yet our coach was happy with the effort and that we won. The different standards speak volumes.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Has the Gutho obstruction when he was returning a kick been mentioned? What did we think? I thought it was harsh but they didn't show a high shot on replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.