What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Players have any number of clauses inserted in the contracts, too many to list, so it is not beyond the possibility Matt Burton could have a get out clause in his contract, whatever it may be. I’m not suggesting it is a possibility, at the end of the day, we can’t match the money he is likely to be earning from his bulldogs deal and we can’t guarantee him his preferred position so I’m sure he is most likely to be off to the Bulldogs in 2022. However, Billy Burns is being released, who knows the future of Brent Naden going forward, if he were to be released or not re-signed who knows what could play out in the Burton saga.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The contract has been registered with the nrl he can not .no way the dogs will let him after we have kept him

Whilst I’ll state that I don’t for a second believe it’s even being talked about, I for one would have no issue with Burton attempting to get out of his contract in order to sign with us.

The Bulldogs have made it quite clear that they don’t have an issue with players breaking contracts, especially if it’s in the best interest of a young player. So let’s see how they feel when the shoe is on the other foot. I imagine their tune would change.

maple_69

Bench
As nice as it would be to entertain keeping Burton even for a year or two, we need to be really focussed on holding onto the right guys longer term and letting the peripheral guys walk. I don’t want to laugh it up at the Bulldogs expense and suddenly Kikau or Fish is out the door.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Interesting in the Tele article it states the swap is only for this season,meaning Burns who is contracted until end of next season will be back for 2022. Upside there...

Huge upside which is wonderful. Gives the club extra coverage, but without letting a player go whom they have developed. I see it (if it happens) as a win / win.

Hooked

Juniors
NRL 360 just said Burto considering a backflip :grimacing:

4de8df208a00ac5e25076839d884e339.png

betcats

Referee
Re Burton, if he really is considering a back flip Its extremely unlikely the dogs will release him from the contract but it is not impossible.

Part of his post game comments on thursday:

"The culture here's unbelievable and just the teammates and all that, we're so close and such a good bond with each other," he said.

That is not comments made by a young guy who wants to leave and play for a terrible side, he wants to be here.

Blade23

Juniors
As you all know by now Burns out Blacker in.

The club is keen for Burns to play more FG. Unless injuries and suspensions hit, it won't be much here this year. Loaning him out is in everyone's best interests.

Although he has a few rough edges (and in my opinion a bit off FG) The club wants to see what Blacker can do under our systems. He gives us a little more depth in the middle. There are a few ahead of him though.
If a good deal comes up later on we won't rule out bringing in another middle with more experience. We are in a good position.
The player market is about to have another domino effect soon. It will be interesting to watch what happens. There are some silly trades (not involving us) proposed with other clubs atm. You never know what might happen. Desperate clubs do desperate and dumb things sometimes.

I hope you all had a nice Easter. Mine was a peach. Nice and quiet spent with family. Started off with a nice win over Manly.

WestyLife

First Grade
As you all know by now Burns out Blacker in.

The club is keen for Burns to play more FG. Unless injuries and suspensions hit, it won't be much here this year. Loaning him out is in everyone's best interests.

Although he has a few rough edges (and in my opinion a bit off FG) The club wants to see what Blacker can do under our systems. He gives us a little more depth in the middle. There are a few ahead of him though.
If a good deal comes up later on we won't rule out bringing in another middle with more experience. We are in a good position.
The player market is about to have another domino effect soon. It will be interesting to watch what happens. There are some silly trades (not involving us) proposed with other clubs atm. You never know what might happen. Desperate clubs do desperate and dumb things sometimes.

I hope you all had a nice Easter. Mine was a peach. Nice and quiet spent with family. Started off with a nice win over Manly.

If he's getting first grade games then coming back that's brilliant.

Sime_11

Juniors
didnt see him named in any of the NRL/NSW sides this afternoon - assuming announcement imminent?

Latest posts