What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs sombreros

Marchad

Juniors
has that been confirmed anywhere or was that just from what they said during the commentary of the game?
I saw something on stalkerbook today or yesterday where it said “he has a raptured mcl and a partial tear in his pcl out for 6-8 weeks.”

coolumsharkie

Referee
Ronaldo was capable of returning to the field against the Cows, I'd say his problem is ongoing and they are managing it while we are short. Dugan needs to pass HIA protocols, anyone know what that actually entails? NRL.com has Katoa back Rnd 8-10.

Special K

Coach
Ronaldo was capable of returning to the field against the Cows, I'd say his problem is ongoing and they are managing it while we are short. Dugan needs to pass HIA protocols, anyone know what that actually entails? NRL.com has Katoa back Rnd 8-10.
He does the HIA test on Monday(I think) then if he fails that he has another 5 days later. Also they monitor to see if he has a headache, trouble remembering etc throughout the week.

I worry the HIA test is too far for some of our blokes. We have a shocking fail rate! Seems nobody ever passes.

Tiger Shark

Bench

There's a 6 stage return tor sport program they need to follow.

Starts with 24hrs rest
Then limited activity (24hrs)
Light Aerobic exercise (24hrs)
Sport specific exercise (24hrs)
Non contact training (24hrs)
Full contact training after medical clearance

*Under 18s need to go twice as long between, ie 48hrs so that's why juniors often miss games after a HIA.

Return to play/games.

If the player experience any symptoms as they progress they go back a stage and go again. That's why if there's a 6 day turn around between games the players miss a game as there's not enough time, additionally if they even go back one stage they're often at odds to play.

So if Dugan had failed any of the stages so far he'd have been ruled out as there wouldn't be enough time to get through them all. He's probably on Sport specific exercise now.

coolumsharkie

Referee
There's a 6 stage return tor sport program they need to follow.

Starts with 24hrs rest
Then limited activity (24hrs)
Light Aerobic exercise (24hrs)
Sport specific exercise (24hrs)
Non contact training (24hrs)
Full contact training after medical clearance

*Under 18s need to go twice as long between, ie 48hrs so that's why juniors often miss games after a HIA.

Return to play/games.

If the player experience any symptoms as they progress they go back a stage and go again. That's why if there's a 6 day turn around between games the players miss a game as there's not enough time, additionally if they even go back one stage they're often at odds to play.

So if Dugan had failed any of the stages so far he'd have been ruled out as there wouldn't be enough time to get through them all. He's probably on Sport specific exercise now.

So if we had a short turn around i.e Thursday night, Dugan is no chance. Thanks for the info, interesting.

Tiger Shark

Bench
So if we had a short turn around i.e Thursday night, Dugan is no chance. Thanks for the info, interesting.

Yep, exactly. Thankfully we've had ok turn arounds with the HIAs we've been getting.

I'm not sure how they test between stages, or if it's a case of just asking the player how they're feeling. Obviously that will likely lead to players just saying they're fine so they must do some thing.

Latest posts