What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

panthersam

Juniors
If any of you are on Instagram and don’t follow bizza do yourselves a favour the guy is hilarious. In terms of his personality he might already be my favourite panthers ever.

Yeah he has massive amounts of personality, is a really funny kid! I think he could be a social media star if he wasn’t already an NRL star.

murraymob

Coach
Left field question
After watching few of the crap teams this year.Its possible for the cows or dogs or manly to go the whole season and not win a game
Question
Has a team ever before gone a whole season and not won 1 game .If so when was it

soc123_au

Staff member
Left field question
After watching few of the crap teams this year.Its possible for the cows or dogs or manly to go the whole season and not win a game
Question
Has a team ever before gone a whole season and not won 1 game .If so when was it
University did it a few times, as did Annandale. Souths 1946 & Roosters 1966 are the others.

murraymob

Coach
Have to hand it the club we are going ahead on the field but even bigger off the field
A ground sponsor now a new loan sponsor blue stone well done club

The_Frog

First Grade
The Broncos have only beaten the Dogs, and the way they disintegrated after 25 minutes the other day might not win too many more either.

Jane Murray

Bench
An exert from the Western Weekender.

Lang on League: Penrith’s attack flying under Webster
By
Peter Lang
-
April 7, 2021, 12:38

Share this story

langnew.jpg

When the Panthers announced that their new attacking coach would be Andrew Webster, a few fans scratched their head, ‘You mean the rugby league journo?’

I can confirm that it’s not the Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster but a very hard-working and extremely knowledgeable 39-year-old who once played SG Ball and Jersey Flegg for the Tigers.

More recently he has been an assistant coach for the Wests Tigers and even coached the first grade side for a few games in 2017 after Jason Taylor was sacked three matches into the season.

When Trent Barrett left the Panthers at the end of last season, there were plenty of fans and journos who wondered if the ‘Black Attack’ would be as slick as it was in 2020.

They needn’t of worried. Webster, who is his own man and has his own style, has tweaked the attack and if anything, has made it more dangerous in 2021.

webster.jpg

Andrew Webster switched from the Tigers to Penrith this season. Photo: NRL Images.
While much has been made of the side’s defence this year and deservedly so, as under Cameron Ciraldo the team has only leaked an average of four points a game, in attack the Panthers are second best in the league with 110 points after four rounds.

The scary thing is, as the players grow and adapt to Webster’s style and ideas and he gets to know their strengths and weaknesses, it’s only going to get better.

Penrith is in safe hands.

franklin2323

Immortal
We have played three of the shittiest teams in the games history. I think our attack will be fine, but to judge it now is losing a load before unzipping.

It is the same argument I use with the rules and blow outs. Too small of a sample size

What has helped was the small pre-season gave the settled teams a good start over those with no key players or coaches

The right especially needs more but the left looks just as good as last year. As far as shape etc go

betcats

Referee
I can see plenty of differences in our attack this year. Cleary and Jarome are both roaming a lot more and combining on both sides of the ruck is the main one. Most of the first half against Manly we were trying out different set plays and shapes. Not saying its better or worse, it definitely needs to get a bit sharper but I think Webster is having his input for sure.