What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Bennett today in his presser said if he was staying he’d wanna keep Reyno and that it’s very hard to find a halfback and develop them to Reyno’s level, along those lines.

Wayne’s been reading this thread!

Seriously, that’s about the best endorsement a player can get and has more weight than anything suggested by anyone at the club....or in the whole game.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wayne’s been reading this thread!

Seriously, that’s about the best endorsement a player can get and has more weight than anything suggested by anyone at the club....or in the whole game.
I haven’t given up yet mate but it’s not looking good at all.

I hope the Souths members get right behind him tomorrow especially when his name is announced pre game. Let’s keep showing him our support and pray for a miracle I say!

I hope the Souths members get right behind him tomorrow especially when his name is announced pre game. Let’s keep showing him our support and pray for a miracle I say!

Yeah it’s a long way from over even as the rich offers come flooding in.

But the chance to lock him up and tie a bow around him seems gone.

I appreciate the input from those who have the faith in the club and I respect them.

But it’s very hard to understand why he is being forsaken for unknowns and players like Gags, Cook, Cody and for me, even Latrell.

That doesn’t sit with my knowledge of the game and the importance of the gun half who can clutch.

He’s got another two to three clear years in him easily.

Scream for him like your life depends on it.

He’s one of the few players in the game who has never had to apologise for anything he’s ever done on the park. Let him know what that’s means son, don’t die wondering.

Everytime he even looks at the ball, you let the powers that be know what than means. Benny will be cheering you on.

FTW. It’s your club, get out there and own it.

If he was a magpie, we’d be meeting Solly in the car park for a chat and reaching a mutual understanding through meaningful dialogue.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah it’s a long way from over even as the rich offers come flooding in.

But the chance to lock him up and tie a bow around him seems gone.

I appreciate the input from those who have the faith in the club and I respect them.

But it’s very hard to understand why he is being forsaken for unknowns and players like Gags, Cook, Cody and for me, even Latrell.

That doesn’t sit with my knowledge of the game and the importance of the gun half who can clutch.

He’s got another two to three clear years in him easily.

Scream for him like your life depends on it.

He’s one of the few players in the game who has never had to apologise for anything he’s ever done on the park. Let him know what that’s means son, don’t die wondering.

Everytime he even looks at the ball, you let the powers that be know what than means. Benny will be cheering you on.

FTW. It’s your club, get out there and own it.

If he was a magpie, we’d be meeting Solly in the car park for a chat and reaching a mutual understanding through meaningful dialogue.
Thanks mate and my condolences on the great Tommy as well I’ve heard stories from my Dad about him. Everyone loved him. Very saddening news this morning but he fought in the right spirit always and will never be forgotten he was a great legend and character of our game. He’s resting in peace now with heaven free from all the pain which is great!

Good luck to your boys too back at Leichhardt I think you’ll do a big job on the Cows. Laurie is a gun and Douiehi is starting to fine form.

How has the Jet been going? I’ve seen bits and pieces of your matches but heard his defence is a bit dodgy and that he needs to be given more ball........

Young Utoikamanu off the bench is a shining light. I have him in my fantasy side. I think sooner rather than later he should be starting.

If Reyno has to go and it’s to you guys at least I know Madge will appreciate him and look after him for 2-3 years.

Jim Rockford

Bench

Mate, I'll be there tonight (going with my Parra mate and his young Bunnies supporting son again) and you better believe all 3 of us will be cheering at the top of our lungs when they put him up on the screen.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

This tells me Reynolds is going to resign. The media has NFI what's going on its purely speculation from their end.
Read the fine print: It's not a two year deal, its essentially the same deal he already has been offered.

The media is putting out there what the propaganda machine from Pappas' office wants put out there. I don't remember stuff like this (even the Sam thing) leaking out to the media before.

Ask yourself how come the leaks are now a daily event?

handyman2190

Bench
Latest headlines, adam reynolds WILLING to walk away from rabbitohs.
This says alot in my book, sutto loves the club, did what was expected and came through a winner, celebrated by all.
AR , if he leaves will be long forgotten, imagine we bending over,giving him a 2 or 3 year million dollar deal, losing our young backup so at the end of his run, he is content,fat with funds, and we are having a broncos ,cowboys,tigers ,st george, years until we find a replacement. Im sure you will through the lean times refrain from critisizing our board and accusing them of malpractice.
Hello!! Go, leave, sign elsewere lets see how you carry a bottom dweller to victory.
Sorry boys im jack of all this BS if AR had 1 inkling of love for this club hed take the year and fight.
So long adam,thanks for your stellar service, which we have paid you millions for, dont let the door hit u in the back when u walk out on not only the club, but your followers,who have supported you, bye

NovoBunny94

Juniors
This says alot in my book, sutto loves the club, did what was expected and came through a winner, celebrated by all.
AR , if he leaves will be long forgotten, imagine we bending over,giving him a 2 or 3 year million dollar deal, losing our young backup so at the end of his run, he is content,fat with funds, and we are having a broncos ,cowboys,tigers ,st george, years until we find a replacement. Im sure you will through the lean times refrain from critisizing our board and accusing them of malpractice.
Hello!! Go, leave, sign elsewere lets see how you carry a bottom dweller to victory.
Sorry boys im jack of all this BS if AR had 1 inkling of love for this club hed take the year and fight.
So long adam,thanks for your stellar service, which we have paid you millions for, dont let the door hit u in the back when u walk out on not only the club, but your followers,who have supported you, bye
I’ve come around to this line of thinking also
As much as he is a linchpin in our team/club I thought with Sandow out we would struggle but we never did.
Bring on the future

Travitoh

First Grade
With the club showing a preference to protect their future over AR's, he would be a fool not to look after his own. And neither party is wrong for doing so.

The clubs cap situation doesn't concern me as they are all in on chasing a premiership. Otherwise Taaffe would be in the squad instead of Marshall and Paulo would be playing week in, week out instead of Mansour arriving.

They're going for it this season while AR, Cody and Cook are still at the club because in 3 years they won't be.

big hit!

Bench
Read the fine print: It's not a two year deal, its essentially the same deal he already has been offered.

The media is putting out there what the propaganda machine from Pappas' office wants put out there. I don't remember stuff like this (even the Sam thing) leaking out to the media before.

Ask yourself how come the leaks are now a daily event?

NQ & Donkeys with Reynolds will still be shit because their players are downright lazy and wilt like a piece of wet lettuce at the smallest hint of adversity.

He has to look after himself though. And South Sydney Football Club needs to look after itself too. It was burned with S.Burgess and Inglis. Can't blame the club for being risk averse with another ageing player who ends up playing busted towards the end of each season.

If Reynolds leaving means Souths can hold onto 6 or 7 others who give a halfback and 5/8 the go forward to do what they do, then the young halves coming through can have a better chance of success.

Folks worried when Sandow left, but the club had a young unknown called Adam Reynolds take his place. The club are excited about its current crop of young halves. They can have a 7-10yr career too. Reynolds has 2-3 years left in the game. Folks are prepared to bin the future of the club for a short-term feel good?

Souths have been in a premiership window for 3-4 seasons. The current cycle will end and the footy club needs to prepare for the next - avoiding the predicament others find themselves in.

Whatever the arguments of the club, one of the greatest coaches in the history of the game, someone whose worked with thousands of players and knows more about footy than just about anyone else alive has spoken out unswervingly in Adams quest for a fair go.

You trust Benny with the fortunes of the whole club and your premiership ambitions, but not Renno?!

There’s a curious inconsistency and disjuncture here.

You abandon him now and any future claims of loyalty of the club to players are weasel words. And you are going to need this loyaltypromise to submit to players when you are trying to convince them to stay for unders for many years to come.

Such representations will lose all credibility from players and agents.

“ Sign with us long term and we will take care of you”

“ Oh like you took care of Reynolds?”

Don’t turn into “roosters lite” stand for something instead.

Don’t you blink now Renno supporters. Not one step back.

Last edited:

Mad Bunny

Juniors

Hey Handyman2190 i enjoyed your heart felt spirited post but reyno aint leaving souths mate.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Can't blame the club for being risk averse with another ageing player who ends up playing busted towards the end of each season.

I single this out because it doesn't apply to Reynolds specifically. Towards the end of a season most players, if not all will be busted to some extent. It's why finishing top 4 and earning a week off in the finals is such an advantage over those who have played every week.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
NQ & Donkeys with Reynolds will still be shit because their players are downright lazy and wilt like a piece of wet lettuce at the smallest hint of adversity.

He has to look after himself though. And South Sydney Football Club needs to look after itself too. It was burned with S.Burgess and Inglis. Can't blame the club for being risk averse with another ageing player who ends up playing busted towards the end of each season.

If Reynolds leaving means Souths can hold onto 6 or 7 others who give a halfback and 5/8 the go forward to do what they do, then the young halves coming through can have a better chance of success.

Folks worried when Sandow left, but the club had a young unknown called Adam Reynolds take his place. The club are excited about its current crop of young halves. They can have a 7-10yr career too. Reynolds has 2-3 years left in the game. Folks are prepared to bin the future of the club for a short-term feel good?

Souths have been in a premiership window for 3-4 seasons. The current cycle will end and the footy club needs to prepare for the next - avoiding the predicament others find themselves in.

Good read great post...

Latest posts