What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Lodge Complaint to Fox Sports and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
At best you could say Bellamy was reckless in his use of wrestling moves to slow down the ruck. That excuse wears thin once you're up to the 3rd, then 4th, 5th, 6th dangerous maneuver they employed. Those moves were brought across from wrestling and MMA and are designed to incapacitate or injure. There use on the football field will forever be disgraceful.

rubbish

Perth Red

Post Whore
Red, you are sounding like a kid complaining to his teacher that little Johnny did this and that whilst you are getting into strife you’re self. I don’t get why you want a Perth team when you are so one eyed with the Melbourne Storm. Walker’s elbow was a low dog shot, but to use an excuse similar along the lines of yours, is that Walker did once play for the Storm.

people need to stop being led by cocks like Kent and realise that there are players in the game that see red, do stupid sht and some that are just downright grubby. It’s not a Storm thing it is a rugby league thing! Yes Storm led the way in slowing the play of the ball down using wrestling techniques, you might not like it but it was highly effective and followed by every other team once they saw how effective it was. That’s just great coaching, blame the nrl for not addressing it if you don’t like the tactic, to say Storm players deliberately go out to injure players is BS and there have been far worse consistent dangerous and grubby players in The nrl over the last decade than anyone at the Storm. JWH,Gallen, Dylan wanker, Hodges to name but a few.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
people need to stop being led by cocks like Kent and realise that there are players in the game that see red, do stupid sht and some that are just downright grubby. It’s not a Storm thing it is a rugby league thing! Yes Storm led the way in slowing the play of the ball down using wrestling techniques, you might not like it but it was highly effective and followed by every other team once they saw how effective it was. That’s just great coaching, blame the nrl for not addressing it if you don’t like the tactic, to say Storm players deliberately go out to injure players is BS and there have been far worse consistent dangerous and grubby players in The nrl over the last decade than anyone at the Storm. JWH,Gallen, Dylan wanker, Hodges to name but a few.
They did address it. SIX times.

Mark B

Juniors
Red, you are not 100 percent wrong with your argument in naming some of the biggest grubs to ever play in the NRL. Do I think Kent is right to wrong? I think most of the time he plays to a script and will put his point across that’s in the script. Sometimes personally I think he is right other times, like you I think he is wrong.
As a long suffering Parra supporter I had to switch off 360 in 2016 due to the fact he was relentless in his attacks on the club over their salary cap debacle. He hammered them left right and centre every episode. The thing was though, he was right! Parra were being led by a bunch of merkins who were blatantly breaking the rules, got busted, started by denying it and telling the fans all was well.
My opinion on the Storm’s ‘grubby’ tactics are not dictated by Kent, but by the Storm themselves. I don’t think the tactics they employ mostly set out to deliberately injure players, but is highly negligent and fraught with danger. Its all about controlling the ruck speed by inflicting discomfort on the opposition player. The two incidents this year, the first being Kaufusi on Matterson was similar to Cody Walker’s and I did say similar as Walkers’s intent was worse IMHO It was a low dog act. However Kaufusi being highly negligent KO’d Matterson who played no further part in the game and was also going very well. The other being the hip drop on a player already tackled by two players. This one IMHO is to ensure ruck control. The act though is very negligent and will eventually cause serious injury.
BTW, thats a low blow talking about Kent being anywhere near my nether regions:)

Last edited:
I'm no fan of the Melbourne Storm, and nor am I any fan of Paul Kent. However I happened to hear Kent's comments on the night and in many ways I agree with him. The Storm have brought a lot of negative stuff into the game. It may be legal in many respects at the time, but has it actually made the game better? In my opinion no.

Hence I think he is right to criticise the Storm for it.

Additionally, the fact that the Storm management have had to go public about lodging a complaint to Fox Sports and the NRL just underlines the continued thin skinned, arrogant air, that the club's management have been known for over the last 10-15 years. They never do anything wrong and how dare anyone even hint at criticising them. Give me a break.

So... anyone know what outcomes (if anything) have come from this?

Of course i would’ve expect Fox to report anything here unless they had a clear win....