What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
In this week's episode of How Far Off The Pace Are We?

The Panthers through 5 games have conceded almost 100 points less than us, that's almost 20 points per game...

No, I thought I edited the post to say Clifford, mustn't have saved.
Ah no worries. Probably my fault as I started my reply before you edited but turned the TV off in disgust and came back to it later.

Either way, big concerns for the roster. I also think our pack (whilst solid) isn't really suited to the 6 again stuff either. Meh...tbh I have no clue anymore. I'm just tired of caring so much when much of the roster clearly doesn't. We're nowhere near where we need to be/should be as a club.

Team we had out there should have played much better.
We do need a 6 or 7 though. Watson didn't add to the halves. Seems we relied on Ponga to make up for 6.
Sisagi to get a run next week?
Desperately need Lee and Best back.

macavity

Referee
Ah no worries. Probably my fault as I started my reply before you edited but turned the TV off in disgust and came back to it later.

Either way, big concerns for the roster. I also think our pack (whilst solid) isn't really suited to the 6 again stuff either. Meh...tbh I have no clue anymore. I'm just tired of caring so much when much of the roster clearly doesn't. We're nowhere near where we need to be/should be as a club.

they care, they just aren’t very good.

perverse

Referee
You all won't like it (I don't care, lol), but we missed Pearce a lot today. He has a big effect on our line speed and general enthusiasm. That is the least we've given a shit out on the field for a long time - and it was blatently evident from the first tackle until the last.

Yes, he has his limitations - heaps of them - but tell me we couldn't have used his energy out there today and I can only laugh.

Jono078

Referee
You all won't like it (I don't care, lol), but we missed Pearce a lot today. He has a big effect on our line speed and general enthusiasm. That is the least we've given a shit out on the field for a long time - and it was blatently evident from the first tackle until the last.

Yes, he has his limitations - heaps of them - but tell me we couldn't have used his energy out there today and I can only laugh.
Yeah, obviously the team think he is really important, because they turned up today like we were no chance without him.

Yosh

Coach
We don't look like we want to play out there the past two weeks. Just go through the motions. Looks like we are running training.

Why we waiting for Ponga to do everything again? Don't we have 16 other professionals out there? Frizzell did well but can't say that about anyone else.

Surely that was Shibasaki's last game as well for us.

General Knight

Juniors
That was bad but half the team arent really first graders and are only there cause of injuries. You take away Melbourne or Roosters first choice winger, centre, 6 and 7. Put in an under done 1 and 7, sub in a make shift 6. Take out a couple of first choice forwards and they would prob put out close to what we dished out today.

perverse

Referee
That was bad but half the team arent really first graders and are only there cause of injuries. You take away Melbourne or Roosters first choice winger, centre, 6 and 7. Put in an under done 1 and 7, sub in a make shift 6. Take out a couple of first choice forwards and they would prob put out close to what we dished out today.
No way, they would have a red hot crack - even if they ultimately lost. In the Roosters case, they'd just promote the next superstar half in the game and win comfortably anyway.

The team sheet, as it read on paper pre-game, was plenty capable of at least holding their fists up. Instead they acted like a punching bag.

Apey

Staff member

I think you're clutching at straws here to give Pearce any kind of credit but there's no denying the team turned up with a terrible attitude today. Some of the missed tackles were pathetic. Some of our best players - Friz, Dsaf, Barnett had pretty bad games by their standards.

Terrible performance and if we can't jag a win against Sharks, we're going to be set in 13th in 5 weeks time.

No way, they would have a red hot crack - even if they ultimately lost. In the Roosters case, they'd just promote the next superstar half in the game and win comfortably anyway.

The team sheet, as it read on paper pre-game, was plenty capable of at least holding their fists up. Instead they acted like a punching bag.
Yeah, it was all about attitude today. I thought the line-up was one of our strongest this season tbh. They didn't play with intent to win. Nothing to do with the quality or ability of the players out there. Mentally not in the game. Embarrassing.

perverse

Referee
I think you're clutching at straws here to give Pearce any kind of credit but there's no denying the team turned up with a terrible attitude today. Some of the missed tackles were pathetic. Some of our best players - Friz, Dsaf, Barnett had pretty bad games by their standards.

Terrible performance and if we can't jag a win against Sharks, we're going to be set in 13th in 5 weeks time.
The bloke has ticker, and it rubs off on others around him. It's probably the only thing he's consistently good at. Read the game as you will, but you won't convince me he wouldn't have made a difference today. What we lacked, he often gives us.

Old dog

Juniors
Who do we replace him with at this stage?
Mann back could be centre but coach will probably play him 6, Hunt maybe to centre if Lee or someone to wing. Watson back to 14 surely
King, Jones, Saulo and Sue all went well enough to hold bench spot or start.
Klem, DanS, Barnett had ordinary games as did Shibs and Toa
Ponga didn’t look right with shoulder but went ok and Randall injury early left us short to assist our 6 & 7

perverse

Referee
The bloke has ticker, and it rubs off on others around him. It's probably the only thing he's consistently good at. Read the game as you will, but you won't convince me he wouldn't have made a difference today. What we lacked, he often gives us.
And I mean, worth noting that we probably still lose the game with Pearce playing... but it's more likely 26-18 or something. There's a lot more this team needs than heart to turn around into a Top 8 team right now. Just to make myself clear for the inevitable jabs I'll get for even daring to mention Pearce might have a positive attribute or two.

Latest posts