What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[QUOTE="Walk On Home Boy, post: 14624472, member: 50022]I thought the line-up was one of our strongest this season tbh.
lol wut?[/QUOTE]
Green and Watson (for all their shortcomings) inspire a lot more confidence in me than Mann and Pearce. The pack was still very strong minus Jacob. Ponga > Hoy obviously. We shouldn't have lost much with Mann, Pearce and Hoy out, especially having Green and Ponga back. They just didn't care today.

Jono078

Referee
How about a moment for Randall. Poor bloke started strong and got a determined try and then gets an injury that looks likely to keep him out for an extended period.

Like, that sums up the Knights perfectly.

Also not to mention he is fighting for a contract, if not with us then someone in the NRL. Poor bloke.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Having 2 new halves did hurt us in defence I think. The holes out wide were inviting the Tits to run through us, and they did cut us to pieces.
I’m hoping it’s just down to new combinations in D.

How about a moment for Randall. Poor bloke started strong and got a determined try and then gets an injury that looks likely to keep him out for an extended period.

Like, that sums up the Knights perfectly.

Also not to mention he is fighting for a contract, if not with us then someone in the NRL. Poor bloke.
Yeah mate, very sad. He's never played a bad game and was having a crack today unlike the rest. Such a classic Knights thing to happen.

Knight Tales

Juniors
As tempting as it is to promote Dom and Bailey I would be waiting until we are playing better and the roster is closer to being full strength. They are already away from family and home and the last thing we want is their confidence shot to pieces and they both decide to head home!

Green and Watson (for all their shortcomings) inspire a lot more confidence in me than Mann and Pearce. The pack was still very strong minus Jacob. Ponga > Hoy obviously. We shouldn't have lost much with Mann, Pearce and Hoy out, especially having Green and Ponga back. They just didn't care today.

Bugger me that's a very long bow you are drawing there

We are 1000% better with Jsaf, Best and Pearce out there. There is just no sane way you can say that side has been our best all year. Turn it up

And I mean, worth noting that we probably still lose the game with Pearce playing... but it's more likely 26-18 or something. There's a lot more this team needs than heart to turn around into a Top 8 team right now. Just to make myself clear for the inevitable jabs I'll get for even daring to mention Pearce might have a positive attribute or two.
I tend to agree mate. Pearce rightly cops a fair amount of criticism but 1 thing he can't be faulted on is his effort and contagious effort at that

perverse

Referee
Anyway f**k it... I'll pitch a few positives out there because this is despressing as f**k.

Brailey was good. Tackled himself to death.
KP was rusty but nearly got us back into the match in the second half. Will be better for the run.
The 3 on the bench that got a run - Saulo, Jones and King were good in their minutes - particularly the latter two. Better than the starters.
Randall was good for 19 minutes before getting injured.

I'm struggling a bit beyond that. Friz tried hard at times. Something something... Hunt had some good touches.

slotmachine

First Grade
we couldn't have used his energy out there today and I can only laugh.

Pearce is trash and basically stealing his pay cheque these days but have to agree.
Green is a better kicker but he didn't control the game in any way, was just as dumb as Pearce usually is and was dreadful in defence and effort areas.

Yosh

Coach
Positives? We only had one injury today.

If Randall was picked from outside the 30, who do we promote next? Seems like those tackling pads we use during training could fit right in judging on today's performance.

slotmachine

First Grade
Positives? We only had one injury today.

If Randall was picked from outside the 30, who do we promote next? Seems like those tackling pads we use during training could fit right in judging on today's performance.

Coach seems to think best will be back.
Mann will be back
Jsaf will be back

KP
Toa
Best
Tuala
Hunt
Mann
Green
Dan
Brailey
Klem
Friz
Barnett
Sue

Watson
Jsaf
King
Jones

Jono078

Referee
Positives;

We're not the Bulldogs who haven't scored a point in 250 minutes (that's 3 and a quarter games just about).

edit: just realized this is probably a negative seeing as the only points they have scored in the NRL was against us…

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
Coach seems to think best will be back.
Mann will be back
Jsaf will be back

KP
Toa
Best
Tuala
Hunt
Mann
Green
Dan
Brailey
Klem
Friz
Barnett
Sue

Watson
Jsaf
King
Jones

j Saf starts for me. Klem is great at yardage but lacks the physical power Jacob and Daniel bring. I also think when they are on together they lift each other.
I wouldn’t be re-signing Klem when we can use his money elsewhere and we have two very capable Front rowers in the twins.

Last edited:

Seage

Juniors
j Saf starts for me. Klem is great at yardage but lacks the physical power Jacob and Daniel bring. I also think when they are on together they lift each other.
I wouldn’t be re-signing Klem when we can use his money elsewhere and we have two very capable Front rowers in the twins.
The club had no hardened, go forward props for years, we sign literally the best one in the game, and you want to get rid of him. Turn it up.

Yeah nah unfortunately mate having only 2 props is not how RL is played and won

Klem is 100% a priority for the club to keep

Latest posts