What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial versus Storm

I think the reaction to the trial is just an expression of sheer disappointment at seeing the same garbage year after year. It is at the point where we've seen it all before. If the trial form was out of character for the side, sure you could say we were overreacting but this was business as usual. That's the demoralising aspect.

I see a lot of sides improving this season and not as many going backward. Danger season for us this year imo. Really hoping someone stands up and takes the team by the plums tbh.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I think the reaction to the trial is just an expression of sheer disappointment at seeing the same garbage year after year. It is at the point where we've seen it all before. If the trial form was out of character for the side, sure you could say we were overreacting but this was business as usual. That's the demoralising aspect.

I see a lot of sides improving this season and not as many going backward. Danger season for us this year imo. Really hoping someone stands up and takes the team by the plums tbh.
Green.

Yosh

Coach

1000% and more.

Knight76

Juniors
1000% and more.

Yep, We are going to remain a mediocre performing club until the mindset in the joint changes to putting in 100% in everything you do.

The trial form we put out is just not good enough, every year practically we get belted with an inept performance.

And through the season, we drift in and out of games or just dont even turn up for them. Generally we beat teams that dont perform, we fold against teams that are on their game with a few good wins to keep the interest there.

Yep, We are going to remain a mediocre performing club until the mindset in the joint changes to putting in 100% in everything you do.

The trial form we put out is just not good enough, every year practically we get belted with an inept performance.

And through the season, we drift in and out of games or just dont even turn up for them. Generally we beat teams that dont perform, we fold against teams that are on their game with a few good wins to keep the interest there.
This is why there's no use having all the talent in the world if you don't have the resolve and drive to go with it. We're too worried about finding the next player the side needs instead of someone already in the team standing up and being that player and leader we need. Too many times over the past 91847007 seasons has the side tucked their tails between the legs, bent over and let the opposition have their way with them.

We've got more talent than we've had in years. Yes, we all know the halfback is a dead weight but even still, we should at least be trying against reserve grade standard sides like the Bulldogs, Warriors and Titans of recent years instead of being absolutely flogged.

Jono078

Referee
Melbourne putting a point a minute on souths- puts our trial loss into perspective a bit.
Hopefully right!

but if that’s the standard then we have a long way to go. Also in their style with the offloads and support.

anyway the day has finally arrived! We’ll have a better perspective on the season ahead by tonight.

Spot On

Coach
Tara not looking too bad atm Druss...

Sharks, Panthers, Rooster, Raiders the next month.

Sharks no world beaters and Roosters with 3 of their spine players and a couple of bench players with next to no NRL experience.

How will Tara look after that stretch? Reckon we can help her age a bit more???

slotmachine

First Grade
Injuries excuse coming in 3,2,1...

The way we played in that trial in terms of ball control and execution is how we've played all season, with the exception of the warriors game.

The way we played in that trial in terms of ball control and execution is how we've played all season, with the exception of the warriors game.
What utter BS

With a full squad we would be sitting much better oh but apparently we can't mention that cause it flys in the face of your argument lol

We have the biggest injury toll of all 16 teams highlighted by the fact we have had to ask to use our non contracted players.

Spot On

Coach
What utter BS

With a full squad we would be sitting much better oh but apparently we can't mention that cause it flys in the face of your argument lol

We have the biggest injury toll of all 16 teams highlighted by the fact we have had to ask to use our non contracted players.

Imagine losing players the calibre of Boyd Cordner, Jake Friend and Luke Keary. Season over, surely.

Spot On

Coach

Thought there may have been a forumite that would claim Barnett's pass wasn't forward or that Tuala actually got the ball down over the try line ... you know, that the ref robbed us

Spot On

Coach
You're actually comparing the Roosters 3 injuries to the 15 Newcastle has suffered

And here I thought you couldn't get any dumber

Roosters have now lost Lussick with a broken arm and their fourth string hooker looks as though he'll miss the next 2 matches through suspension so some positives there for us in 2 weeks time.

Jono078

Referee
Roosters have now lost Lussick with a broken arm and their fourth string hooker looks as though he'll miss the next 2 matches through suspension so some positives there for us in 2 weeks time.
How's that a positive for us?

Are you suggesting we "should" beat them? Because we know how it goes down on games we expect to win LOL.

Call me hopeful but I reckon we'll win 2 out of the next 4.