What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
Congrats are due to Todd Payten...he had them up for it and knew we wouldn't be expecting them to have the confidence to come at us today and knew that we'd unravel when they did...gotta hand it to him.
Did you see him interviewed before the game?
Looked quietly confident and relaxed yet excited for the game.
I thought geeze he is in for a disappointing afternoon ... lol.
He knew this was a good chance for an ambush.

macnaz

Staff member
Cheers for the kind words mate, right back at you.

That is completely shocking to me. Did they not even make a phone call? Like surely there needs to be a system where the call is escalated and someone higher up calls to see what can be done?
Nup.. over the phone i was asked to send an email repeating my concerns so he could pass to his superior , next correspondence was email and about returning my membership crap and then they will contact me about bank details to return money.. and to think i just donated last years membership as well , should ask for that back to.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's evident that after today when we hit rock bottom, we get the jackhammer out. Any time these merkins are expected to live up to the hype they fold like a cheap suit.

It doesn't matter if we sack Madge. It won't change. We have been through five coaches now since we last saw finals footy and the results are the same.

I stopped renewing a few years ago. A combination of reasons but this determination to be as average as we can possibly be on field has been one of the major factors in not renewing.

In a competition that is designed to spread the talent and ensure teams should see finals footy at least once every few years this club have to take it to the next level and prove that it is indeed possible to miss the finals for a decade.

Finally, in a game that was meant to honour a bloke who epitomised toughness, resilience and playing for the love of the game we hand the cellar dwellers 22 head start into the second 40.

They ought to be drilled all week at training. f**k the softcocks and their eggshells. If they sook, work them harder. Could have fielded a 17 out of the forum members here and they would have aimed up for the occasion.
It is the coach … for any sport it always has been and it always will be

BrotherJim05

Bench
It is quite astounding how easy it is to beat the WT. Our set plays are so slow and predictable that opposition simply need to rush up in defence and can quite comfortably shut the play down. Yes we may get a try here and there when one of our players decides to have a go, but you will only see this when we are so far behind that the players suddenly realize that in Rugby League you have to score more points than the opposition.

I think some simple maths classes would help. Eg. "if we let the opposition score 28 points before we try to score any points, it's much harder to win the game". Half the players seem so stupid I doubt they can spell their own names, so I think we really need to take it back to some old fashion addition and subtraction.

So snap out of it you sad fks and help me get rid of this loser!!!

Last week he was talking about the “ growth of the side” and he generally declines to put the players feet into the fire, but today was quite different.

Losing against a bottom side with multiple reserve graders- led by a rookie coach who hasn’t won a game pretty much undermines the growth rhetoric.

There’s only a few players growing because they have no choice.

But the ripping off of members seats was arrogance.

The whole hierarchy needs sacking. Lee is in dreamworld.

gallagher

Juniors
Last week he was talking about the “ growth of the side” and he generally declines to put the players feet into the fire, but today was quite different.

Losing against a bottom side with multiple reserve graders- led by a rookie coach who hasn’t won a game pretty much undermines the growth rhetoric.

There’s only a few players growing because they have no choice.

But the ripping off of members seats was arrogance.

The whole hierarchy needs sacking. Lee is in dreamworld.
What's the deal with the members seats?

What's the deal with the members seats?

Search @macnaz posts of late.

I can even cop the loss with some goodwill, but I can’t stomach a buddy having his ticketed seat being sold off for extra funds while he battles it out with drunks on the hill with his kids.

His crime was being a ticketed member, he bought the ticket thinking he could watch the game in comfort and at the last minute, they switched on him.

They lost his ticketed membership for 2 years over it. He may never be back. He supports the club on lu with 100s of fans, he’s a leader in the forum, influential and people look up to him. Now he’s been shafted. People are angry on his behalf.

gallagher

Juniors
Search @macnaz posts of late.

I can even cop the loss with some goodwill, but I can’t stomach a buddy having his ticketed seat being sold off for extra funds while he battles it out with drunks on the hill with his kids.

His crime was being a ticketed member, he bought the ticket thinking he could watch the game in comfort and at the last minute, they switched on him.

They lost his ticketed membership for 2 years over it. He may never be back. He supports the club on lu with 100s of fans, he’s a leader in the forum, influential and people look up to him. Now he’s been shafted. People are angry on his behalf.
Just caught up with the posts. Not surprised at all

Well I went out for dinner on Saturday night with the wife and another couple, great feed, company and time had by all, and the bill after a tip was $230,which we all felt seemed cheap, regardless it was better value then 4 tickets to LO yesterday .

Said to the wife yesterday after the game, if you ever think I am capable of not being loyal to you, just remember I have followed these useless merkins for 30 years. I have watched my club make the finals 5 times in those 3 decades, and I haven't seen them play finals for what will be 10 years this year. If I can put up with that shit, marriage is a cakewalk.

Nealo 12

Bench
Maybe

However he had an entire salary cap to spend and spent it for the next 4 years on most of these guys. So a huge amount of what’s going on is on him

I was mainly referring to the management culture he had to work with there. In time I think he could of made things better but hey we won't know that now.